OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Abortion actually murder?  (Read 24751 times) Average Rating: 0
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #945 on: January 13, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »

Technically I dont think I would consider abortion murder.

Until the fetus leaves the womb and takes its first breath, and is killed at that moment then it is murder.

Then why kill either the abortionist or the aborting mother?

Is a fetus less human for being in the womb, than out of it?

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #946 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »

Depends on how you define a human.

You could argue No if you define a human as a being that has its own human DNA, which occurs at fertilization. You could then say that the different types of humans such as fetuses, babies, kids, and adults etc. are all merely different "stages" of humanhood, while still being human nonetheless.

You could say Yes if you define a human as precisely being someone that has been born, whereas a human in the womb is not really a human, but merely a human in the process of being made.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #947 on: January 13, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »

Depends on how you define a human.

You could argue No if you define a human as a being that has its own human DNA, which occurs at fertilization. You could then say that the different types of humans such as fetuses, babies, kids, and adults etc. are all merely different "stages" of humanhood, while still being human nonetheless.

You could say Yes if you define a human as precisely being someone that has been born, whereas a human in the womb is not really a human, but merely a human in the process of being made.

Definitions of what constitutes humanity have gotten people in trouble a couple times in the past.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Tags: abortion cheval mort totes pferd horseus mortus 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: