Author Topic: Shaken, not Stirred - Favorite Drinks?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Denver
Shaken, not Stirred - Favorite Drinks?
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
Disclaimer: This thread is NOT encouraging over-consumption, nor to encourage alcoholism. This thread is about responsible, controlled drinking where you can sit and enjoy without falling into the sin of drunkenness...

As I sit here enjoying my basic "Scotch on the Rocks", I figured we could have a discussion about what (alcoholic) drinks everyone enjoys, if you enjoy it.

Obviously as Orthodox Christians, we realize that enjoying alcohol responsibly is okay as long as it is in moderation and responsible. If enjoyed in a responsible way, it can be very enjoyable. There are many ways to enjoy alcoholic beverages, whether mixed or straight. What is your favorite drink, and why?

I'll start...

My favorite drink would have to be either your basic sweet, red wine; or your basic straight whiskey/scotch on the rocks (sometimes with water or coke).

Wine is simply something I can sit back, relax and enjoy (like many beverages) and I can easily enjoy several glasses without worrying about easily over-consuming.

Straight whiskey has a definite bite to it, but I tend to enjoy vodka, ouzo, tsipouro, whiskey and scotch all straight from the bottle without any additions (other than ice). I've found, even with the addition of a little water, it can be quite enjoyable and you experience a very wide-range of tastes when simply sipping and enjoying the drink, rather than recklessly shooting it back like a cowboy at the saloon.

Also your basic beer, I prefer Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, an American wheat beer that has been left unfiltered and thus adds to the taste and experience. It is a little more expensive than cheap light beer, but that is why I love it, I don't like to over-consume and I simply want to sit and enjoy a couple beers rather than consume a ton. But if I have to drink somewhat cheaper beer, I prefer Budweiser.

One of the things I've only consumed once, but enjoyed, was the soaking of vodka in skittles. You sort the skittles by color (therefore flavor) and soak them in vodka overnight. They should dissolve (mostly) and you should then filter the liquid so it leaves behind all the sugar and other leftovers, leaving only the vodka & flavoring. It was so incredibly tasty, but it takes so long to get just a little that it almost isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:43:29 PM by 88Devin12 »

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in a china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
  • I see you.
  • Faith: Serious inquirer.
Re: Shaken, not Stirred - Favorite Drinks?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
I love a good wine, especially red wine. Pinot Noir is my favorite varietal.

I like whiskey as well, and I've lately been enjoying Canadian whiskey. Cinnamon whiskey is amazing (Fireball is the brand I've tried).

I love a good margarita, especially when I can taste the tequila (as long as it doesn't overpower the other flavors).

EDIT 1: Interestingly, I've been arguing with a guy who is on the "Alcohol is evil, and the Bible says so" side. I've posted the Homily from St. John Chrysostom in response, heh. http://wdtprs.com/blog/2011/09/st-john-chrysostom-with-some-unusual-advice/
http://www.western-orthodox.info/2008/07/st-john-chrysostom-concerning-statutes.html

EDIT 2: I also enjoy a good warm sake when I go to a Japanese restaurant.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:50:33 PM by ironchapman »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • It's raw!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »
I don't drink anymore, and haven't really ever drank a ton, but when I did I enjoyed...

Leprechaun's Gold (Goldschlager + Irish Cream)
Harvey Wallbanger (Vodka + OJ + Galliano)
Jagermeister

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
  • Faith: I dunno, Lutheran???
  • Jurisdiction: People's Republic of Memphis
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Probably Red Bull or Cool Blue Gatorade.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Offline Golgotha

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:56 PM »
mint julep

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
I am boring:

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »
Alcoholic
* Jack-n-Coke
* Strawberry marguerita

Non-alocholic
* Tea- Southern style!
* Cherry-Lime aid
* Frappacino
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Basil 320

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »
"French 75" as prepared by the Velvet Tango Room in Cleveland, Ohio--recently noted by Esquire magazine as one of the ten finest bars in America, where I'm off to momemtarily...

Named for the WWI era French 75 millimeter canon, champagne, brandy (some make it w/gin), and a secret ingredient, (shaken).
"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."

Offline Basil 320

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:38 AM »
P.S. Back from the VTR and breakfast.   Per my bartender, the "secret ingredient" in the French 75 is simple syrup; fresh squeezed lemon is added too.
"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »
I am boring:

I don't think I've had gin yet, how is it? (I waited to drink till I was 21 so I haven't had a wide variety of drinks)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
Heck, I'm a beer drinker; I don't drink much liquor or mixed drinks. My favorite beers:

Widmer Hefeweizen

Deschutes Black Butte Porter

Pyramid Apricot Ale

I experimented with some of the hoppiest IPAs on the West Coast market last week:
  • Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale
  • Stone Ruination IPA
  • Sierra Nevada Hoptimum Whole-Cone Imperial IPA

In the end, though, and after more than my share of bitter beer faces, I found myself coming back to the old tried and true Widmer Hef. A pint on tap with a lemon is almost hefen. ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:27:03 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »
"French 75" as prepared by the Velvet Tango Room in Cleveland, Ohio--recently noted by Esquire magazine as one of the ten finest bars in America, where I'm off to momemtarily...

Named for the WWI era French 75 millimeter canon, champagne, brandy (some make it w/gin), and a secret ingredient, (shaken).

Ah yes, the Frog 3".  Great cannon.  One of the first modern arty pieces.  Used by many armies, including I think, the US.

Sounds good.

For me, rum - Sailor Jerry's preferably, water and sugar.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »
I am boring:

I don't think I've had gin yet, how is it? (I waited to drink till I was 21 so I haven't had a wide variety of drinks)

Gin by itself is horrifying, and I'm a hardened drinker.  A gin and tonic like he's got is pretty nice but sneaks up on you.  IDK about the cucumber though....
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline KBN1

• High Elder
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »
Moscow Mule or Calvados neat.

Offline KBN1

• High Elder
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »
I am boring:

Gin by itself is horrifying, and I'm a hardened drinker.  A gin and tonic like he's got is pretty nice but sneaks up on you.  IDK about the cucumber though....

Au contraire bonjour.  Both gin and cucumbers are nice.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
I am boring:

Au contraire bonjour.  Both gin and cucumbers are nice.

Then ye aint ad as much gin as I ad.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 12:26:03 AM »
Alcohol:

If we're talking wine: Pinot Noir.

Liquor: Jack on the rocks. A close second being gin and tonic. It's so refreshing! I really feel like it should be a breakfast-acceptable drink... far better than mimosas, which give me heartburn just thinking about them. I'm intrigued by the cucumber in akimori's picture, although I've always gotten lime in mine.

Beer: Pyramid Hefeweizen or Rolling Rock.

I almost never order outside of those options.

NA: Coffee, Red Bull, un-sweet iced tea.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »
I can't drink alcohol but boy do I sure fancy me a good cup of semi-extravagent coffee--my favorite type being Colombian. My Lord, do those Colombians produce fantastic coffee! A bag of this will usually last me about one month, unless my father gets into it, in which case, it only lasts us about two weeks. I am very greedy about my coffee. This bag is a luxury item that I buy to treat myself to whenever I have extra cash lying around. So naturally I am pretty protective of my black, liquid gold.

Offline neon_knights

• High Elder
  • My political hero.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
I really can't stand coffee at all. Not yet of legal drinking age in the US, but my favorite beverage(aside from water) would probably be tea - hot or iced.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
Mixing alcohol with some strange coloured liquids is a female thing.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline FormerReformer

• Convertodox of the convertodox
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
    • Music and Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Convertodox
  • Jurisdiction: Netodoxy
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
I enjoy a good wine- usually red, along the lines of a Merlot, Claret, or Chianti, though I don't mind a drier white.

I also enjoy ales and stouts, lagers not so much.

Straight whiskey, when it's a good whiskey (no less than Jameson in quality) is a treat, as is a good single malt scotch. If it's a bourbon or Tennessee whiskey like Jack, I'll drink it with Coke (about the only use I have for Coca-Cola). A blended scotch goes well with soda. The Irish Car Bomb is a birthday tradition for me.

In a nod to the thread title, I do enjoy a good martini- vodka or gin- but I prefer stirred. Other uses I have for gin include gin and juice- especially if I'm feeling in an early '90s hip-hop mood. I also find a well-made Bloody Mary to be tasty.

I used to enjoy straight tequila, but since my conversion I stay away from it. It is just not a drink I can enjoy responsibly and usually leads to all sorts of non-Christian behavior and skinny white-boy dancing.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
The Irish Car Bomb is a birthday tradition for me.

Ugh. No. I can't do Irish Car Bombs. I tip my hat to your stomach of steel, but I would rather do a shot of Wild Turkey than an Irish Car Bomb. Never again.

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »
Wine:  I don’t drink much wine anymore, but I liked the white/dry wines best.

Liquor:  I enjoy a blended scotch or American whiskey or certain varieties.  Buffalo Trace is good, but too much bite for me.  I like whiskey because I can sip it neat without worrying if it gets warm.  Take my time and enjoy it slowly.

Beer:  I really enjoy stout beer, but a good lager or ale is nice also.  My favorite right now is Noble Pils.  I despise wheat beer.

One of my favorite drinks is coffee.  Guatemalan is sooo good.  My all-time favorite is good old fashioned southern sweet tea.

Offline dcommini

• Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
  • OC.net guru
  • Beannachd Dia dhuit
    • Life of an Orthodox Soldier
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »
Irish Car Bombs all the way, and no I am not copying my brother. I had my first run in with the ICB at a nice Irish pub I used to frequent and I was hooked from there.

There was a bar I went to in GA that had what they called a Baby Guiness which was Patron mixed with something else and tasted just like an ICB but you didn't have to chug it.

My favorite beer has to be Guiness Extra Stout followed by Killians, then Harp and then some good ole PBR. And interesting as I may be I do not care for Dos X.

My favorite wine is tied between three, Marzamino, Moscato (before everybody was singing about it), and a nice blend of Merlot and Chianti that I had at a nice Italian place in Nashville.

For soda I prefer a bottled Cream Soda or Root Beer.

For teas I go the way of Twinnings Irish Breakfast Tea for breakfast, English Afternoon Tea for Second Breakfast, Elevenses, or Luncheon. I find that some Lembas Bread soaks nicely in the English Tea.

Also, sweet tea is my go to drink for any occasion.
OblSB

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »
A close second being gin and tonic. It's so refreshing! I really feel like it should be a breakfast-acceptable drink... far better than mimosas, which give me heartburn just thinking about them. I'm intrigued by the cucumber in akimori's picture, although I've always gotten lime in mine.

Lemon, lime and cucumber are all traditional -- it depends on the type of gin.

Totally agreed re the breakfast-acceptable comment!
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline Cavaradossi

• 法網恢恢,疏而不漏
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 07:06:31 AM »
Gin and Tonics and Manhattans are my favorite two mixed drinks, I guess. Nothing beats a nice glass of fine whiskey to sip on over an evening, however. Also Shaoxing rice wine with some sour preserved ume fruits is a great way to start off an evening... or day
Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 07:10:54 AM »
Gin and Tonics and Manhattans are my favorite two mixed drinks, I guess. Nothing beats a nice glass of fine whiskey to sip on over an evening, however. Also Shaoxing rice wine with some sour preserved ume fruits is a great way to start off an evening... or day

Mmmm, ume.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »

Also

ahhh, life is good :)

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 09:14:16 AM »
The Irish Car Bomb is a birthday tradition for me.

Ugh. No. I can't do Irish Car Bombs. I tip my hat to your stomach of steel, but I would rather do a shot of Wild Turkey than an Irish Car Bomb. Never again.

We made one called the Belfast Blaster.  It was an Irish Car Bomb but reversed - a glass of baileys and a shot of Guinness. 

It turned out that the inventor of this vile concoction had an ulcer and vomited blood for the rest of the night.  We have yet to try this feat again though it shall never be forgotten.

Offline dcommini

• Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
  • OC.net guru
  • Beannachd Dia dhuit
    • Life of an Orthodox Soldier
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »
Where was the jameson?
OblSB

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
Where was the jameson?

There's Jameson in an Irish Car Bomb?

Offline Happy Lutheran

• Servant of Christ
  • Elder
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
Beer - Boddingtons is excellent. Sam Adams is always a favorite also.
1 Corinthians 1:27 - But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong

Offline FormerReformer

• Convertodox of the convertodox
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
    • Music and Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Convertodox
  • Jurisdiction: Netodoxy
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »
Where was the jameson?

Indeed there is. 1/2 shot Irish cream, 1/2 shot Jameson (or full shots of each).

Big fan of Boddingtons- not so big a fan of the four-pack.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
I didn't know about the Jameson either. The ICBs that I've done involved dropping a shot of Bailey's into a glass of Guinness and chugging.

Now that I think of Bailey's, I do love Bailey's and coffee. Especially around the holidays.

Offline Manalive

• Иоанн
  • Elder
  • It is later than we think.
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »

St. Peters Cream Stout  :)

And on a hot summer day: Sam Adams Boston Lager, Dos Equis, or Shiner Bock Ruby Red Bird

"Lay hold of the pathway... rugged and narrow as it is."- St. John Chrystostom

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »
I am currently drinking Jack Daniels with Perrier Source water on the rocks. I was reading about the favorite drink of Frank Sinatra and it inspired me to try something better than water from the tap (with a little less ice than I'm used too).

Offline Ionnis

• OC.net guru
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »
I am pleasantly surprised at how many people enjoy gin. It is my favorite.
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 12:34:48 AM »

How do you enjoy it? What do you mix with it?

Offline mersch

• Elder
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »
Don't mind an occasional "speical" or lake "reciepe" margarita!  Beer can be a good thing. But what I crave is ice water, LOL

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: New Calendarist
  • Jurisdiction: Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 03:10:50 AM »
I tend to drink mostly beer, white wine and whiskey. As of beers I don't like lagers and wheat beers but otherwise pretty much everything goes. Too bad that my childhood's Pentecostalism forbade consumption of any alcohol maybe with an exception of communion so I had to learn everything alcohol-related culture artificially on my own.
I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline Ionnis

• OC.net guru
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »

How do you enjoy it? What do you mix with it?

Generally I have a gin and tonic, but if I'm in the mood for something sweet I mix it with 7-Up. IMO it is the best smelling alcohol. For me the sensory experience is near perfect.
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
Just started drinking German Hefeweissen, I wanted to try an original wheat beer from Germany since I've already had American wheat beer.

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
I've recently started trying Mead, which is pretty good. I'm also looking for some slivovitz which I've now had some exposure to at Church.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
I've recently started trying Mead, which is pretty good. I'm also looking for some slivovitz which I've now had some exposure to at Church.

Mead is wonderful.  We have a Meadery down in Bellevue, just south of Omaha.  otherwise, Chaucer's seems to be readily available.

I try to have Slivo at church whenever available.  I guess you can buy it at the Czech restaurant in town otherwise I have found it hard to get a hold of.

As for German hefeweizen, since you mentioned it above, Ayinger is my absolute favorite beer of all, especially the hefeweizen.  Weihenstephaner is also very good and has the added benefit of being the oldest brewery in the world - founded before the Schism.  American wheat beet isn't bad at all, though, and Boulevard is the staple for a friend of mine (of Belfast Blaster fame above).  I am a big fan of shocktop myself.

Someone mentioned the Moscow Mule above and one of the bars I frequent (Molly's, for anyone in or near Omaha reading this) makes a very good one.  I like Ginger Beer by itself so finding that it could be spruced up with lime and vodochka was a revelation for me. 

There was some gin conversation above and I will add that I still find gin to be one of the worst liquors out there, not necessarily due to taste but in that it has a nasty habit of sneaking up on me.  Tequila is straight out since every time I have drank it (two occasions, never more than one shot straight) it immediately gave me extreme feelings of blood lust.  The first time I was alone and the second time a friend tricked me saying it was whiskey and I didn't actually look at it (the colour would usually have given it away).  I had a strong desire to kill him with a blunt object.  Tequila mixed (in a margarita) has never had this effect, but straight I cannot abide.

Absynthe is the drink of kings and poets.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
Where was the jameson?

Indeed there is. 1/2 shot Irish cream, 1/2 shot Jameson (or full shots of each).

Big fan of Boddingtons- not so big a fan of the four-pack.

As we used to say in school whenever someone opened a Boddington's, "Get ready for a new shirt."   :laugh:
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.