OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 07:03:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Feast Day!  (Read 425 times) Average Rating: 0
Ergib
O Lord according to Your mercy; not according to my sins.

Faith: Orthodox

« on: July 12, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »

…to those who Fasted the Apostles' Fast!
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:43 PM »

Blessed Feast of the Apostles Peter and Paul to you too, dear Ergib  Smiley

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »

Happy Feast day to all!!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

And then he passed on to the city of Rome, and he preached therein and performed many signs and wonders, and he conquered Simon, the magician, who had resisted him, and he cast him down from his rule over the souls of men.  And at this miracle many men believed, and the concubines of ‘Akrepos, the legate of the city, believed through him, and preserved [their] purity, and many women withdrew from their husbands.  And because of this the people took counsel to kill him, and the wife of Altabius, a friend of the king, sent a message to Saint Peter advising him to go forth from the city of Rome, and the believing brethren likewise told him to do this, and he went forth from the city alone, and he disguised himself so that no one might know him.  And he found our Lord coming into the city in the form in which he had first known Him, and he bowed low before Him, and said unto Him, “Whither goest thou, [my] Lord?”  And He said unto him, “To Rome, that I may be crucified.”  And Saint Peter said unto Him, “Lord, wilt Thou be crucified a second time?”  And Saint Peter remembered that He had said unto him, “When thou art grown up, another shall gird thee and take thee whither thou wouldst not go.”  And straightway he returned to the city, and told the brethren everything, which had taken place between our Lord Christ [and himself], and they were very sad.  And when the Emperor Nero heard the report of him, he seized him and commanded the soldiers to crucify him.  And Peter begged and entreated that they would crucify him head downwards, saying, “My Lord Jesus Christ was crucified standing upright, and it is meet for me to be crucified head downwards.”  And when they crucified him he spoke unto the believers the word of life, and he strengthened them in the True Faith, and after this he delivered up his soul into the hand of God.  Salutation to thee, O Peter.
Ethiopian Synaxarium

Blessings on this day of our fathers Peter and Paul!!

At our parish we had the rare occasion of celebrating the Divine Liturgy this day.  The past few years we have not, and so its been kind of weird, the that Apostles' Fast has been the only lengthy fasting period which has ended anti-climatically without the celebration of a Divine Liturgy such as with Lent of the Prophet's Fast before Christmas.  Just one day you are fasting, and the next morning eating meat. Its just a weird transition.  However, this year we were blessed to celebrate the Liturgy and it was beautiful!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

Amen, amen, and amen!

Selam

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: