OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 11:34:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd relationship Q  (Read 312 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: July 11, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »

I hope this is not an inappropriate question, but what are the chances I could get a priest to help set me up with someone?

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
OrthoNoob
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »

Given that you posted this in the OO forum, I assume you want an OO priest to set you up with someone? I think OO churches typically do not allow interchurch marriage. Are you going to convert to Non-Chalcedonian Orthodoxy?

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »

Given that you posted this in the OO forum, I assume you want an OO priest to set you up with someone? I think OO churches typically do not allow interchurch marriage. Are you going to convert to Non-Chalcedonian Orthodoxy?
I could live with a Chalcedonian Orthodox family, so you could answer for EO, but that was the original plan and my mother's ethnic heritage.  Haven't really followed through enough in a year though.  (Though I ask mercy for the fact that I have been either injured or fighting a mild yet perpetual infection since January.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:07:19 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »

I guess it can't hurt might be a bit better than putting St. Anthony upside down and telling him you won't put him back right till your mate comes along.
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:40 AM »

It depends on the priest. Priests are usually willing to play the part of matchmaker, but, from my own, sadly, continuing experience, there have been few, if any, candidates to choose from.
Anyway, ask a/your priest, visit monasteries/convents (you never know who you'll meet), and prayfast&attendservices. God always leads us to green pastures (even if they're not exactly what we had in mind). You have my prayers and sympathies.
God bless

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: