OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 04:21:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘We Are Still the Mountain’: An Interview with Chris Bohjalian  (Read 410 times) Average Rating: 0
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« on: July 06, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »

‘We Are Still the Mountain’: An Interview with Chris Bohjalian
Posted by Tom Vartabedian on July 5, 2012

I try to remind myself of something I saw written as part of a Musa Dagh mural on a column in Anjar, Lebanon, where the survivors of Musa Dagh were resettled: “Let them come again. We are still the mountain.

http://www.armenianweekly.com/2012/07/05/we-are-still-the-mountain-an-interview-with-chris-bohjalian/

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:40:42 PM »

Here's a review of the book in the WashPost

Chris Bohjalian’s ‘The Sandcastle Girls’ relives the Armenian genocide
By Eugenia Zukerman, Published: July 16

The Armenian genocide during World War I is the subject of Chris Bohjalian’s 14th novel, “The Sandcastle Girls.” Inspired by his grandparents’ background, the author explores the suffering and atrocities of that time with astounding precision, compassion and grace.

“How do a million and a half people die with nobody knowing?” ponders Laura Petrosian, the book’s modern-day narrator. The answer, she will discover, is really very simple: “You kill them in the middle of nowhere.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/chris-bohjalians-the-sandcastle-girls-relives-the-armenian-genocide/2012/07/16/gJQA1oLOpW_story.html

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Tags: Armenian Genocide 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: