Author Topic: Just an update (if anyone is interested)  (Read 451 times)

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Just an update (if anyone is interested)
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:04:09 AM »
So I havent been on here at all lately.  Been really busy working in Florida during the week.  Basically my job is to run sound for a production company in the mornings and evenings, then all afternoon I sit by the pool or beach and sip pina coladas. I know, its a tough job, but someone has to step up and do it...

Anyways...

Being a catechumen has been great so far.  I come home to GA to work on the weekends and I attend liturgy when Im here.  Everything has been great!

There wasnt much reason for this post, but I didnt want anyone to think I maybe gave up on my journey since I havent been around much lately.  Im off this week for the 4th, so I should be able to keep up with whats going on around here.
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Benjamin the Red

• Recovering Calvinist
  • OC.net guru
  • Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.
Re: Just an update (if anyone is interested)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:19:34 AM »
Good to hear from you, Timon!
"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »

We missed you!

Great to hear you are doing well!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
Sounds good :)
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky