OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 10:58:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Being an Orthodox, you might as well shoot yourself in the head  (Read 631 times) Average Rating: 0
jaroslavkourakin

« on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »

How's that for humility?

Looking at Orthodoxy, I would say the religion is about being ignorant and apathetic to what is happening in the world, beating yourself up and not becoming particurarily good at anything.

Seeing that your recent time on Muted status has apparently done nothing to teach you how to relate to this forum and to those who post here, you are hereby on Post Moderation for the maximum duration of 99 days with the formal recommendation that you be muted or banned. If you deem this action unfair, please appeal it to me via private message.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:08:09 PM by jaroslavkourakin » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Okay... thank you for the information, but what are you going to do with it?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
jaroslavkourakin

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »

Sing the tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6khld0NiME

I'm thinking Orthodoxy is the religion of form and denial of power. Of course, Catholicism fits that description as well. We don't have to say they are different. I have different feelings regarding the Orthodox Church, but I am none the less not impressed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:30:24 PM by jaroslavkourakin » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

No need to display such anger.  You are not oppressed.  If you disagree with the Orthodox Church, that's ok; however, disparaging comments reveal more than you realize.
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »

Thread locked pending mods' review.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: