OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 11:14:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do the churches teach that God "thinks" about the loss of unity?  (Read 366 times) Average Rating: 0
rko

Faith: Working it out

« on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »

Do the EOC or the RCC (or protestant) teach anything about what they believe god thinks about the separation between the churches. do they believe that any church is inherantly closer to god? I understand about the fullness of faith and sacrament but do chiurches teach that it's easier to get into heaven fro one versus another?
Apologies for such a silly simplistic question...
rko

Faith: Working it out

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »

Wait i know the Orthododx answer i think. It teaches about the relationship between God and the orthodox church and probably doesn't speak to god's relationship with other churches. Right? I find that refreshing and healthy...
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »

We believe that we hold the right teaching and right practice. We believe that these things are spiritually beneficial and lead one to God. Any deviation from our teaching that is mutually exclusive and promotes behavior that we believe to be inherently sinful leads one away from God. Good things that can lead one to God can be found outside our Church and in other churches, but the areas of significant difference and causes of division are spiritually dangerous. We don't believe that the differences don't matter.

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: