OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 07:22:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Dustin ANASTASIOS  (Read 1315 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: November 16, 2004, 03:32:58 AM »

Don't forget your roots bro! GOod luck on your GRE.

Remember this guy? He's the reason you went to seminary!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 03:33:55 AM by <4p'|| r0b3r+0 » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 12:00:07 PM »

Hahahahahahah. Gary the Brickyard preacher! LOL.

No, not exactly why I went to seminary but boy did I love hearing him. Smiley

I actually once debated him in front of 1000 people. He said that Catholics were evil. I said he was a heretic. He said, "find purgatory in the Bible."  (This was during my RC days, but I think this would equally apply to him challenging Orthodox as to why they pray for saints). So I went to his King James Bible, opened it up, and pretended to thumb through it.  I said, "This Bible is missing a few books! Where's the book of Maccabbees?! That's where it shows people praying for the dead!" and he says, "are you calling my Bible deficient?!" and I said back, "Why yes I am! It is missing seven books that were inspired by God!!"  Wink

Anastasios
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 12:05:59 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
CatholicEagle
Banned
Elder

HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 04:39:50 PM »

Does this Gary man also preach the Rapture?
I know a guy in my neighborhood who preaches to us that we have to fast "for the day is coming"!!

Also what is the GRE?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:40:37 PM by CatholicEagle » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:17:19 PM »

GRE = Graduate Record Exam.  It's necessary to get into most graduate programs. At St Vladimir's where I study it was not required, but I am going on God willing to do a PhD in Semitics so I need to take it.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
CatholicEagle
Banned
Elder

HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 09:25:36 PM »

GRE = Graduate Record Exam.  It's necessary to get into most graduate programs. At St Vladimir's where I study it was not required, but I am going on God willing to do a PhD in Semitics so I need to take it.

Anastasios
A PhD in Semitics- Wow! Sounds like a Malachi amrtin in the making.Wink
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 03:05:18 AM »

Gary the Brickyard preacher!

So, who exactly is this fellow? Is he a local phenomenon or should I have heard of him?

I actually once debated him in front of 1000 people.

Wowza, that had to be a little nerve wracking - how'd it end up?

He said that Catholics were evil. I said he was a heretic. He said, "find purgatory in the Bible."  (This was during my RC days, but I think this would equally apply to him challenging Orthodox as to why they pray for saints). So I went to his King James Bible, opened it up, and pretended to thumb through it.  I said, "This Bible is missing a few books! Where's the book of Maccabbees?! That's where it shows people praying for the dead!" and he says, "are you calling my Bible deficient?!" and I said back, "Why yes I am! It is missing seven books that were inspired by God!!"  Smiley

LOL, and what was his response to that?

I've always been interested in apologetics debates, so now ya have to provide some more details.  Grin

In Christ,
Aaron
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 09:09:20 AM »

Gary the brickyard preacher is some guy who stands at NC State University, where I go to school, and Dustin's alma mater.  He will make "visits" to UNC-Chapel Hill sometimes as well.

He is famous for waving his King James Bible in the air while he stands in the center of the brickyard telling those passing by, students and faculty alike, that they are on the path to destruction.  Of course, he condemns UNC as the most liberal and "going straight to hell" school in the country.

He told some Hindu guy that his "Grandad was a cow." and that smoking weed will "turn you into a homosexual."

If you go to http://www.thewolfweb.com and check out the message boards and do a search on "gary brickyard"  you will find other classic stories that others have to share.

R

Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 08:15:32 PM »

Gary the brickyard preacher is some guy who stands at NC State University, where I go to school, and Dustin's alma mater.  He will make "visits" to UNC-Chapel Hill sometimes as well.

He is famous for waving his King James Bible in the air while he stands in the center of the brickyard telling those passing by, students and faculty alike, that they are on the path to destruction.  Of course, he condemns UNC as the most liberal and "going straight to hell" school in the country.

He sure sounds like an amusing fellow, I'm sure at the very least he provides at least some amusement.  :cwm1:

smoking weed will "turn you into a homosexual."

:rofl:

If you go to http://www.thewolfweb.com and check out the message boards and do a search on "gary brickyard"  you will find other classic stories that others have to share.

I tried to, but it prompts me to register first.. Seeing as how I will probably not participate on that forum, is there any way around this?  Grin

In Christ,
Aaron
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: