OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 05:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's over 7000!  (Read 1610 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« on: June 26, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

I'm happy to announce that we have recently crossed the 7k (currently 7049) registered users.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »

Now, to sort the wheat from the chaff...  police

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
WeldeMikael
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:43:14 PM »

What 7000 ?!  Grin
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »

It's like a church registry.  We've got 7000 but how many people actually participate? 

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »

According to the stats 65 users log in daily. On the other hand we have 19k page views.

edit:

Well, I think I've read them not well. On another place it shows 240 users has logged in today.

Huh
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:46:23 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »

According to the stats 65 users log in daily. On the other hand we have 19k page views.

edit:

Well, I think I've read them not well. On another place it shows 240 users has logged in today.

Huh
Does this include users like me who don't necessarily post every day, but stay logged on because they're to lazy to log off? Curious...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:12:10 PM by Severian » Logged

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »

I could be wrong, however, if you close your Browser, or your machine goes to "sleep", you do appear offline, and therefore, next time you actually hit  the page you are counted as a new log in that day.

That's just my guess, because I have noticed that even though I don't log off, the "Total Time Logged In" at the top of the page, next to my avatar, stops ticking if I leave the page.  In other words I can be logged in, but, if I open a different tab and start writing emails or reading the news, the clock stops ticking on this site, until I am once again active on this site.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »

I could be wrong, however, if you close your Browser, or your machine goes to "sleep", you do appear offline, and therefore, next time you actually hit  the page you are counted as a new log in that day.

That's just my guess, because I have noticed that even though I don't log off, the "Total Time Logged In" at the top of the page, next to my avatar, stops ticking if I leave the page.  In other words I can be logged in, but, if I open a different tab and start writing emails or reading the news, the clock stops ticking on this site, until I am once again active on this site.
Thank you for sharing that info. Smiley

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »

Call me when we are.....over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  laugh laugh laugh laugh

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

Dear Chaff,

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,

Wheat

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »

Can y'all imagine what this place would be like if everyone participated?  Pandemonium. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »

Dear Chaff,

Sincerely,

Wheat

That hurts, man.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:59 AM »

Dear Chaff,

Sincerely,

Wheat

That hurts, man.

It was an open letter to chaff, not a letter to you.

Of course, it was nothing but irony as I will be burned asunder in hell to come most certainly.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:26 AM »

Dear Chaff,

Sincerely,

Wheat

That hurts, man.

Of course, it was nothing but irony as I will be burned asunder in hell to come most certainly.

I was quick to respond to chaff though...  Probably not too far off.  Plus, I'm the worlds worst, or greatest, biggest, or sinniest sinner.
I'll most likely be rotisserieing at some point.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 04:33:28 AM »

Dear Chaff,

Sincerely,

Wheat

That hurts, man.

I was quick to respond to chaff though...  Probably not too far off.  Plus, I'm the worlds worst, or greatest, biggest, or sinniest sinner.
I'll most likely be rotisserieing at some point.

See you in Hell I suppose, except in Orthodoxy it ain't a place. And yet it has gates which can't prevail against the Church. That ridiculous Patristic fail for another day.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:06 AM »

See you in Hell I suppose, except in Orthodoxy it ain't a place. And yet it has gates which can't prevail against the Church. That ridiculous Patristic fail for another day.

Actually a thread I'd be interested in. Augustine mentions this idea (hell being material in some sense) explicitly, but I think you can argue the same from Eastern Fathers as well, despite the idea floating around that hell is a state of being and not a place.

An Exact Exposition of the Orthodox Faith
A Rough Overview of What a Handful of Greek-Speaking Christians Wrote in the 4th-7th Centuries
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:44 AM »

Actually a thread I'd be interested in. Augustine mentions this idea (hell being material in some sense) explicitly, but I think you can argue the same from Eastern Fathers as well, despite the idea floating around that hell is a state of being and not a place.

You're the one with the incredible memory and thousands of pages of Patristics under your belt. I always thought David Young made a rather convincing or at least interesting alternate suggestion for the interpretation of this overly quoted passage.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:40:02 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: