Author Topic: Monk commits suicide  (Read 53573 times)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Monk commits suicide
« Reply #225 on: December 27, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
You may not know this, but the NWO was exposed for the weak group that it was like 10 years ago. Yes it had a huge amount of power and influence for a while, but with self-serving political schemers like Terry Bollea running things it was only a matter of time before it went off the rails. Well, that and little help from Vince Russo and others of his ilk.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:39:42 PM by Asteriktos »
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #226 on: December 27, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
The point was to respond to absurdity with absurdity. Now that it sets in what thread it is, I feel like such [feces]. Anyway, if I could edit it, I would. Apologies.
"Well, do I convince you, that one ought never to despair of the disorders of the soul as incurable? ...For even if thou shouldst despair of thyself ten thousand times, I will never despair of thee" - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #227 on: December 27, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »
Whenever I see "NWO", I think "N.W.A."

Offline Darren

• Pray for the world.
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
Another impasse at Conjecture Junction.  "I have a friend who.... ergo I know what I'm talking about and it's 100% true."

Regarding Fr. Ephraim and his practices: There are so many things we don't know, so much that has been left out, that it's impossible to make an accurate verdict.  There are those who have bad experiences, but then there are those who have had wonderful experiences.  Why don't we suspend judgement until we all can visit St. Antony's?  All we know is that a young man has committed suicide and his family needs our prayers.   :-\

Verdict!
Judgement!

Am I the only one here who thinks he has no place coming to any verdict  or judgement on such things? There is much gossip as there aways is when Christians retreat to be with God - but don't let the gossip mislead you into making judgements on others.

Offline nikoniko

« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
You may not know this, but the NWO was exposed for the weak group that it was like 10 years ago. Yes it had a huge amount of power and influence for a while, but with self-serving political schemers like Terry Bollea running things it was only a matter of time before it went off the rails. Well, that and little help from Vince Russo and others of his ilk.

Joke of the decade..

Offline nikoniko

« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
Quote from: 88Devin12
  If he were alive today, he would absolutely rescind the things he said.

:D :D :D

You also know you're not supposed to play with seance boards, right?

Where do you get this @#%$?

You apparently don't listen to Orthodox speakers nor read Orthodox writings. We would say the same about Origen and others who wrote things that weren't entirely correct, but led to schisms and heresy after they were gone.

St. Augustine is Orthodox, not Roman Catholic. If he saw what your church did with his writings, he would take it all back.

Wrong on all counts. You couldn't possibly know what I've done.

And speaking of you, what happened? Did something weird happen this year? In the past few months, it's like they turned a switch and Devin the Orthodox Android showed up, determined to prove that he is programmed to be More Orthodox Than Everybody Else.

Nobody reads Origen anymore. Nobody cares.

Except you, because I guess you need something to get torqued about.

I read Origen..

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »

Joke of the decade..

Welcome to the board. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

And you'll sleep, but they'll find you

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Offline nikoniko

« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »

Joke of the decade..

Welcome to the board. :)

Thank you so much! I've actually been coming to this site for years, just finally registered.