OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 10:39:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: taskeng.exe, firefox.exe virus--help  (Read 1903 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: May 27, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »

I need help getting rid of a virus that's infected the taskeng.exe on my other computer.  I've done some research and found that taskeng.exe isn't always a virus, but sometimes it is.  For example, I cannot get online on said computer, I cannot access pre-loaded games (chess,...) or iTunes.  Nothing. 

When I try to access my Trend Micro Security*, a prompt says, "Application cannot be executed.  The file UfNavi.exe is infected."

When I try to access Mozilla Firefox, a prompt says, "Application cannot be executed.  The file Firefox.exe is infected."

* I foolishly let my TrendMicro expire...

There's a security system that keeps popping up called Smart Fortress 2012 and it's telling me I have Spyware and Trojan horse infections.  It's also telling me that my Firefox browser is infected with the "svchost.stealth.keyloger this worm is trying to send your credit cared details using FireFox Internet browser to connect to remote host.

What can I do about this?  I'm computer illiterate, so please don't use a lot of computer jargon It's telling me that my Firefox browser is infected with the "svchost.stealth.keyloger this worm is trying to send your credit cared details using FireFox Internet browser to connect to remote host.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »

Smart Fortress 2012 is malware that attempts to gain some information like your credit card from you by telling you to buy their product (or register) to remove the "infected files"

this link seems like it can help http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=107384

I believe it is free. If this helps and removes your problems I would suggest downloading a program called Spybot Search and Destroy which is a really great program for removing malware.

Also, AVG used to be a fairly good anti-virus that you could get a free version of, I would suggest using that until you find something better.

Lastly, I would most strongly suggest taking your computer to a professional who has experience doing these types of things instead of taking the suggestions from an internet forum.

Thank you and have a good night from your friend Steve (Achmed) from Ohio (Kuwait)

Also, sometimes Google can be your friend. Don't be afraid to ask questions, Google might have some answers, just make sure you follow up with some professional advise before doing anything you read on the web.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:43:02 PM by dcommini » Logged

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:18:14 PM »

Thanks Achmed Steve!  Gettin' closer to removing the bug, but it's taking longer than I thought. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:09:17 AM »

Thanks Achmed Steve!  Gettin' closer to removing the bug, but it's taking longer than I thought. 

I'm glad I could help. I had to do the same thing a few months ago for my wife, she figured it was easier to call me (an American) in the Middle East than it was to call an Middle Eastern in America laugh

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: