OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 10:06:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bronies  (Read 20075 times) Average Rating: 0
age234
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »

Hahahaha  Grin
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2012, 07:17:15 PM »

Depending on my weekend, I might respond to this. Cause I think you are not aware of exactly what is going on here which is indicative of a larger trend in Western, especially, American culture.

This ain't "irony" as such, especially not of the most annoying variety which you brilliantly illustrated in your post.

IMO, it's a bit darker and troubling.

But the last time I made a shot across the bow here about MLP: FiM, I was insulted by someone I thought I had a decent relationship with, falsely accused of numerous acts, and ultimately the poster left.

This is not surprising given the ideological space MLP and specifically "bronies" exist in.

But its a long week and weekend and I never feel well, so we will see.

Jeremy, you must not however see this as gen-x ueber-ironism. Nor hipsterism.

People wanted to know what would exist after hipsterism.

Here it is. It extends elsewhere of course as well.

By extending elsewhere do you mean making people such as yourself enjoy TV shows made for teenage girls?  Wink

Large Marge sent me...
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »

Depending on my weekend, I might respond to this. Cause I think you are not aware of exactly what is going on here which is indicative of a larger trend in Western, especially, American culture.

This ain't "irony" as such, especially not of the most annoying variety which you brilliantly illustrated in your post.

IMO, it's a bit darker and troubling.

But the last time I made a shot across the bow here about MLP: FiM, I was insulted by someone I thought I had a decent relationship with, falsely accused of numerous acts, and ultimately the poster left.

This is not surprising given the ideological space MLP and specifically "bronies" exist in.

But its a long week and weekend and I never feel well, so we will see.

Jeremy, you must not however see this as gen-x ueber-ironism. Nor hipsterism.

People wanted to know what would exist after hipsterism.

Here it is. It extends elsewhere of course as well.

By extending elsewhere do you mean making people such as yourself enjoy TV shows made for teenage girlsWink

The creator of the show disagrees with you. Wink

Forgive my sins.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

I wasn't talking about bronies/ponies/xonies, but rather about the shows that orthonorm enjoys watching Wink

Large Marge sent me...
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »

I wasn't talking about bronies/ponies/xonies, but rather about the shows that orthonorm enjoys watching Wink
Full disclosure:

Orthonorm and I have both watched the show.

That is why his critique is true, because it is written in your Law, "Only on the evidence of two witnesses
or of three witnesses shall a charge be established."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:49:11 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2012, 09:56:41 PM »

Full disclosure:

Orthonorm and I have both watched the show.

That is why his critique is true, because it is written in your Law, "Only on the evidence of two witnesses
or of three witnesses shall a charge be established."

FYI, you cannot like the show, that's fine. But what you are doing is attempting to mock or shame us, not cool bro, that's how you make enemies. Wink

Forgive my sins.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:03 AM »

The show is fine for what it is.

But not for what it is not.

No one here has shamed anyone else.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:40:23 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
age234
High Elder

« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »

The show is fine for what it is.

But not for what it is not.

What does that mean?
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »

Oh no! The worst thing you can do is make enemies of the adult male fans of a little girl's cartoon show about ponies!

You might end up with a mauve-colored stuffed plush pony head in your bed... Shocked

age234
High Elder

« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »

Oh no! The worst thing you can do is make enemies of the adult male fans of a little girl's cartoon show about ponies!

You might end up with a mauve-colored stuffed plush pony head in your bed... Shocked

Unfortunately there are a number of slasher fanfics, so there are those who could come up with worse.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:51:43 PM by age234 » Logged
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »

What does that mean?
It ain't something to base your life around or fantasize about, or the whole "bringing Equestria to earth" crowd.

There are "bronies" who honestly would rather be a cartoon pony than be a human.

Bro, seriously.

If you're gonna try to immanetize the eschaton, at least don't do it with ponies.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:27:28 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

age234
High Elder

« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

What does that mean?
It ain't something to base your life around or fantasize about, or the whole "bringing Equestria to earth" crowd.

There are "bronies" who honestly would rather be a cartoon pony than be a human.

Bro, seriously.

If you're gonna try to immanetize the eschaton, at least don't do it with ponies.

Oh. Well there are people who do that, but they lead empty lives and basically let ponies fulfill their religious needs. They're kooks. But if it makes them better people, eh, whatev.

I just like the show and some aspects of the community. That's all.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »

Are there any zombie ponies?

Large Marge sent me...
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »

Oh. Well there are people who do that, but they lead empty lives and basically let ponies fulfill their religious needs. They're kooks.

You mean they are idolaters.

We need a King Jehu with a ministry to ponies.  police

And an Elijiah to mock their sun god's inability to light a fire.

“Call out with a loud voice, for she is a god; either she is occupied or relieving herself, or is on a journey, or perhaps she is asleep and needs to be awakened."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:21:00 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »

Or pull a St. Boniface, round up all this pony paraphernalia and hack it to pieces with an axe. That gets the point across, too.

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

Or pull a St. Boniface, round up all this pony paraphernalia and hack it to pieces with an axe. That gets the point across, too.

Or go all conquistador priest and raze their sacred tomes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:26:20 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »

You do realize I'm a 6 ft 235 lbs professional athlete?

Forgive my sins.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »

You do realize you say this A LOT?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:10:12 PM by Aindriú » Logged

I'm going to need this.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »

What does that mean?

Bro, seriously.

Congratulations on your Strawman. Your whole argument is based on the fact all bronies are like that. Well, no one here is, BIG SURPRISE.

Now go back to your sad life dude.

Forgive my sins.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »

Gets the point across that I'm not some nerdy little guy they can push around. I also have a temper.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:12:21 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

Gets the point across that I'm not some nerdy little guy they can push around. I also have a temper.

Just because you're swoll doesn't mean you can't be pushed around.

I'm going to need this.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

Just because you're swoll doesn't mean you can't be pushed around.

That isn't nearly the only reason. Unless this guy has a black sash, I'm easily able to do what I need to just fine.

Forgive my sins.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

You do realize that vaguely threatening people over the internet with violence because they've made fun of your love of a children's cartoon show, and constantly reminding everyone what a big guy you are, makes you look really insecure no matter what your size?

fleur-de-lys
Chestertonian

Faith: Christian

« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »

If we weren't in the Twilight Zone before....

Between us, by the peace of God, such truth can now be told;

Yea, there is strength in striking root, and good in growing old.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

You do realize that vaguely threatening people over the internet with violence because they've made fun of your love of a children's cartoon show, and constantly reminding everyone what a big guy you are, makes you look really insecure no matter what your size?

I don't give two craps about you mocking the cartoon show. You are mocking me, you insignificant pest, you have no place to do so. I sense no insecurities here. Now bug off, you annoyance.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:45:02 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »

Alright there, tough guy, calm down. We get it. You like ponies, and it makes you really mad that other people don't get it and find it silly. But that remains the case no matter what over-the-top reaction you have to posts on an internet message board, so I think I'll stay right here and post whatever I feel like posting.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that if you feel that your personal identity is so violated by my posts you either (a) stop reading them, or (b) get some kind of counseling and/or medication to deal with your anger issues. Probably both, because if you're so willing to come to blows over a silly Godfather reference in relation to your pony fixation, there's probably some deeper problem that should be addressed by a professional.

And (again...I just love how I get so much use out of this on this forum), it bears keeping in mind that it's never okay to hit a person because you don't like words that came out of their mouth. You can learn that now or learn that in jail; either way, what you can't do is push me around because you're a big tough man who can't take being offended.  Seriously, that's just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:59:50 PM by dzheremi » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »

Alright there, tough guy, calm down. We get it. You like ponies, and it makes you really mad that other people don't get it and find it silly. But that remains the case no matter what over-the-top reaction you have to posts on an internet message board, so I think I'll stay right here and post whatever I feel like posting.

In the meantime, I'd suggest that if you feel that your personal identity is so violated by my posts you either (a) stop reading them, or (b) get some kind of counseling and/or medication to deal with your anger issues. Probably both, because if you're so willing to come to blows over a silly Godfather reference in relation to your pony fixation, there's probably some deeper problem that should be addressed by a professional.

And (again...I just love how I get so much use out of this on this forum), it bears keeping in mind that it's never okay to hit a person because you don't like words that came out of their mouth. You can learn that now or learn that in jail; either way, what you can't do is push me around because you're a big tough man who can't take being offended.  Seriously, that's just ridiculous.

I don't have an anger problem, I never have. Anyone who knows me knows I am about the calmest person you can meet. I'm just getting my point across. I don't have a fixation, I just enjoy a TV show, I don't care if other people don't. You are continually taunting us on this thread. I never threatened you, I just wanted you to know you can eat the words you posted earlier about mocking messing with me. If anyone needs a good anti-psychotic, it is the guy TROLLING THE PONY THREAD.

You have been trolling for days, you have successfully gotten me to the point many don't. Congrats, you are a grade A pest.

NOW GROW UP AND STOP TROLLING. And most importantly, learn to realize that you started this crap, and I was joking aloung for a while, but you need to learn when to stop dude. Get help.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:10:13 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »

To be fair, his height and weight and which sport he plays and for which team and for how much money does change weekly.

So he doesn't say exactly that a lot, but something in the ballpark of two inches, 20 pounds, and $250k.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:18:02 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

To be fair, his height and weight and which sport he plays and for which team and for how much money does change weekly.

So he doesn't say exactly that a lot, but something in the ballpark of two inches, 20 pounds, and $250k.

Technically I am 5'11". Yesterday I weighed 235 lbs. And I just signed my first fully pro contract about a week ago, prior to that I had a developmental deal?

20 lbs weight fluctuation is actually quite common for athletes depending on diet, running, weight lifting, etc, and so forth. Although I am fairly certain I have weighed no less than 220 lbs in the past 2 or so years. And I believe never over 245 lbs.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:32:30 PM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »

This thread just became awesome.  Don't stop.

I'm going to need this.
celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »

This thread just became awesome.  Don't stop.

LOL?

Forgive my sins.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:13 PM »

I never threatened you, I just wanted you to know you can eat the words you posted earlier about mocking messing with me.

Oh come on...when they're one right after another like that...how can you not see that? Cheesy

Is this some new version of "no offense, but..."? Hahaha. You see, Celticfan1888, I find you too enjoyable to be really threatening anyway. I mean, if I ever see you playing soccer on TV or whatever, now I'll think "There's the guy who's super serious about My Little Pony". That's just funny to me.

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »

I never threatened you, I just wanted you to know you can eat the words you posted earlier about mocking messing with me.

Oh come on...when they're one right after another like that...how can you not see that? Cheesy

Is this some new version of "no offense, but..."? Hahaha. You see, Celticfan1888, I find you too enjoyable to be really threatening anyway. I mean, if I ever see you playing soccer on TV or whatever, now I'll think "There's the guy who's super serious about My Little Pony". That's just funny to me.

I'm not.

I just get annoyed (as would anyway) with your constant annoyance.

Forgive my sins.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »

Congratulations on your Strawman. Your whole argument is based on the fact all bronies are like that.
What argument of mine are you referring to?

Also, don't make me bust out my "hebrew of hebrews" ethos. 'Cause I will.

Well I'm a level 10 vice president.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:41:51 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2012, 10:42:13 PM »

Congratulations on your Strawman. Your whole argument is based on the fact all bronies are like that.
What argument of mine are you referring to?

Also, don't make me bust out my "hebrew of hebrews" ethos. 'Cause I will.

This (and no, nothing you say makes me one of these people):

Bro, seriously.

Forgive my sins.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »

Celticfan, you weren't even involved. I was elaborating on my previous statement as per age1234's request:

"The show is fine for what it is.

But not for what it is not."

If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in Ponies, I far more: Cutie Marked on the eighth day, of the nation of Equestria, of the tribe of neckbeard, a Brony of Bronies; as to Friendship, a Magician; as to zeal, a persecutor of the Real; as to the righteousness which is in the Princesses, found blameless.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:56:01 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:57 PM »

Celticfan, you weren't even involved. I was elaborating on my previous statement as per age1234's request:

If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in Ponies, I far more: Cutie Marked on the eighth day, of the nation of Equestria, of the tribe of neckbeard, a Brony of Bronies; as to Friendship, a Magician; as to zeal, a persecutor of the Real; as to the righteousness which is in the Princesses, found blameless.

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as [censored] for the sake of Christ.

Okay. But what does the bold mean? I'm not reading you mate. Huh

Forgive my sins.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2012, 10:57:27 PM »

I've seen the show since 2011. I think it's fine for what it is.

I live in Seattle. So when geeky stuff goes wrong, I'm at ground zero.

I've seen what it ought not be.  police
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:57:53 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

celticfan1888
Archon

« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2012, 11:01:18 PM »

I've seen the show since 2011. I think it's fine for what it is.

I live in Seattle. So when geeky stuff goes wrong, I'm at ground zero.

I've seen what it ought not be.
 police

I concur.

Forgive my sins.
age234
High Elder

« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »

Oh. Well there are people who do that, but they lead empty lives and basically let ponies fulfill their religious needs. They're kooks.

You mean they are idolaters.

We need a King Jehu with a ministry to ponies.  police

And an Elijiah to mock their sun god's inability to light a fire.

“Call out with a loud voice, for she is a god; either she is occupied or relieving herself, or is on a journey, or perhaps she is asleep and needs to be awakened."

Hyperdox Herman, is that you?  Wink
age234
High Elder

« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »

If we weren't in the Twilight Zone before....

Thanks for reminding me!

That's better.

Oh, and this.

Hi dzheremi Grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:42:08 PM by age234 » Logged
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »

Hi age 234! That's a wonderful set of...things...you have there. Really, even better than the last set...for some reason. Wink

age234
High Elder

« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as [censored] for the sake of Christ.

Okay. But what does the bold mean? I'm not reading you mate. Huh

Epistle of Trollestia to the Fillydelphians 5:23

Teehee.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:48:10 PM by age234 » Logged
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »

"Philippians" already has a horse reference in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_%28name%29
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:48:39 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2012, 12:51:05 AM »

Hyperdox Herman, is that you?  Wink

Livestock are only allowed in the Church during hailstorms and other extreme acts of fallen nature.

By what right do you allow those equines accursed of the Ark of Noah to enter on a day of mild rains?

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: