OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:10:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help in finding a Vladimir Lossky quote.  (Read 438 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« on: June 18, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »

Sadly I have become impotent to Google at the moment.

Vladimir Lossky contrasted the Church and Christ to Moses and the Exodus about the salvation of millions. It was a fantastic little snippet and I had that quote saved on a txt document which I have lost.

Can anyone tell me what it is and from what book?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »

I think I may have gotten it:

"For freedom from death and the introduction of human nature into God's Kingdom realize the only true Exodus. This sacrifice, ... represents a sacrament, sacrament par excellence, the free gift to God, by Christ in His humanity, of the first fruits of creation, the fulfillment of that immense sacramental action, devolving first upon Adam, which the new humanity must complete, the offering of the cosmos as receptacle of grace."
- Orthodox Theology: An Introduction
http://www.amazon.com/Orthodox-Theology-Introduction-Vladimir-Lossky/dp/0913836435/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340074061&sr=8-2&keywords=vladimir+lossky

You can go ahead and lock up this terrible, bandwith wasting thread, mods. Thank you!

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: