OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 05:33:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick and church/life  (Read 508 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: June 17, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »

I have been sick longer, but my mom has been sick far worse.  We are getting better with out medications, but this still interferes with getting to church and to some extent living life (with what seems to be a somewhat contagious respiratory infection). Please pray that we can continue our recovery quickly and may pursue the fellowship of the saints and our daily life with strength and health.

Thank you.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

Lord have mercy on Anastasia and her mom!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

On Sabbatical until Mid-December

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »

I have been sick longer, but my mom has been sick far worse.  We are getting better with out medications, but this still interferes with getting to church and to some extent living life (with what seems to be a somewhat contagious respiratory infection). Please pray that we can continue our recovery quickly and may pursue the fellowship of the saints and our daily life with strength and health.

Thank you.

Lord, have mercy.

Sorry to hear that, Anastasia. It's going around here too.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »

Prayers!
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Anastasia 1 and mother.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »

My cough finally went away. I started spitting out yellow mucus each morning. I am down to every two days I spit out yellow, but I had a temp of 101 at the doctor's office today.  I am about to start another antibiotic.

Mom stopped her second antibiotic because of the side effects and will be seeing her doctor soon enough.  She coughs up and spits out yellow each morning.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:43:59 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 12:10:07 AM »

Lord have mercy! may he grant you both swift recovery and continued health.

Dear Anastasia, with regards to the antibiotic, make sure you finish all that is given to you even if you feel better. I hope your mother has told her physician that she has stopped it too, if she has not told her physician please let her do so quickly.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »

Continued prayers, Lord have mercy.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »

I have been sick longer, but my mom has been sick far worse.  We are getting better with out medications, but this still interferes with getting to church and to some extent living life (with what seems to be a somewhat contagious respiratory infection). Please pray that we can continue our recovery quickly and may pursue the fellowship of the saints and our daily life with strength and health.

Thank you.

My prayers.

I hope you are trying some colloidal silver. That has always helped me as I cannot take antibiotics. BTW: when I was sick in the hospital, my doctor directed that I be allowed to take colloidal silver to stop an infection.

p.s. When I had pneumonia and was hospitalized several years ago, I was released but I knew that I was still very sick. Indeed, I went to see the doctor two days later with 104 to 105 degree fevers, and found that I had another infection that was causing me to spit up colored mucus. Summer time can be bad as one can pick up walking pneumonia.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:27:05 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:05 AM »

I have been sick longer, but my mom has been sick far worse.  We are getting better with out medications, but this still interferes with getting to church and to some extent living life (with what seems to be a somewhat contagious respiratory infection). Please pray that we can continue our recovery quickly and may pursue the fellowship of the saints and our daily life with strength and health.

Thank you.

My prayers.

I hope you are trying some colloidal silver. That has always helped me as I cannot take antibiotics. BTW: when I was sick in the hospital, my doctor directed that I be allowed to take colloidal silver to stop an infection.

p.s. When I had pneumonia and was hospitalized several years ago, I was released but I knew that I was still very sick. Indeed, I went to see the doctor two days later with 104 to 105 degree fevers, and found that I had another infection that was causing me to spit up colored mucus. Summer time can be bad as one can pick up walking pneumonia.
I know walking pneumonia. I had it in 2010. The follow-up cough ended just in time for my graduation ceremony.  What is colloidal silver?

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »

Lord have mercy.

God I thank you for creating the bees, that make propolis, that heals viral and bacterial illnesses.

(You can buy it online or at health food stores and online...  Tastes like eating honey-beeswax.  Stuff REALLY works.)

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: