OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:17:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WRO parish in Seymour, Indiana  (Read 1039 times) Average Rating: 0
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« on: June 15, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »

There's apparently a parish called Holy Cross under ROCOR in Seymour, Indiana. I believe it's the closest WR parish to me in Louisville so I'd like to visit it sometime but I have found absolutely no information on the internet about it other than that it exists. No service times, no contact information, nada. Can anyone help me out?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
thetraditionalfrog
Traditional Frog

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »

This mission parish is quite small, with around 10-12 families. Sadly, they appear to have no web presence either. This is the only info I have been able to find:

Holy Cross Orthodox
West 4th Street
Seymour, Indiana 47274

The priest is Hieromonk Christopher Wendling-Way

I wasn't able to find any phone or contact info available.

I live in Indiana, and checked even the local Seymour church directories... this church didn't even make most of their radar screens.

All I can suggest is you contact ROCOR and/or their WRV. Hopefully, someone else on this forum may attend their or be able to provide more info.

“For the honorable Cross and golden freedom!” -Sv Lazar

“Give up everything for Christ, but Christ for nothing!” -Sv Sava
HouseOfGod
Passionate Orthodox teenager

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »

That's interesting. I know no more than what thetraditionalfrog found out, other than it sounds nice and cozy Smiley You should contact them.

Renewal during the first month of the new ecclesiastical calendar! Smiley
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »

The only thing I could find was a picture of the priest.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

This mission parish is quite small, with around 10-12 families. Sadly, they appear to have no web presence either. This is the only info I have been able to find:

Holy Cross Orthodox
West 4th Street
Seymour, Indiana 47274

The priest is Hieromonk Christopher Wendling-Way

I wasn't able to find any phone or contact info available.

I live in Indiana, and checked even the local Seymour church directories... this church didn't even make most of their radar screens.

All I can suggest is you contact ROCOR and/or their WRV. Hopefully, someone else on this forum may attend their or be able to provide more info.

Well thanks for trying. I guess I'll contact ROCOR.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
Prufrock

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: MP

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »

Try contacting Fr Anthony Bondi, the Pastoral Vicar of the ROCOR Western Rite Vicariate using the following email rocorwr@optonline.net

Hopefully he will be able to help.

William
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »

Try contacting Fr Anthony Bondi, the Pastoral Vicar of the ROCOR Western Rite Vicariate using the following email rocorwr@optonline.net

Hopefully he will be able to help.

I've been in contact with Fr. Anthony. He gave me contact info for Fr. Wolfgang, from whom I have yet to hear back.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: