OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 01:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD exercise programs  (Read 373 times) Average Rating: 0
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »

A friend recently invited me over to try out the P90X workout.  It was really intense, but I don't want to spend the money and I don't have the space for all the needed accoutrements such as a chin up bar, etc.  I've also heard some good things about Insanity.  Both DVDs are pretty pricey and I'd rather know more before I committed, so do you have a favorite and why?  Please bring up other programs that I may not have heard of.  Thanks.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »

What are your goals? I don't know much about insanity, though I have heard good things about P90X, even from bodybuilding types who generally favor the gym to the point of attacking any home workout program, so I assume there's something to it. I've also heard criticisms of it, though, such as that it's best to not be a couch potato when you start, and also that it is more of a temporary thing and not a program for long term (=years) use. But maybe you don't want to get involved with something for years, I don't know (or maybe you wouldn't mind just using it over and over).

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: