Author Topic: DVD exercise programs  (Read 749 times)

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
DVD exercise programs
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:09 PM »
A friend recently invited me over to try out the P90X workout.  It was really intense, but I don't want to spend the money and I don't have the space for all the needed accoutrements such as a chin up bar, etc.  I've also heard some good things about Insanity.  Both DVDs are pretty pricey and I'd rather know more before I committed, so do you have a favorite and why?  Please bring up other programs that I may not have heard of.  Thanks.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: DVD exercise programs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
What are your goals? I don't know much about insanity, though I have heard good things about P90X, even from bodybuilding types who generally favor the gym to the point of attacking any home workout program, so I assume there's something to it. I've also heard criticisms of it, though, such as that it's best to not be a couch potato when you start, and also that it is more of a temporary thing and not a program for long term (=years) use. But maybe you don't want to get involved with something for years, I don't know (or maybe you wouldn't mind just using it over and over).
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus