OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 11:31:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A poem for the Tunisian martyr  (Read 632 times) Average Rating: 0
Theophilos78
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »

angel I have written a poem and am dedicating it to the latest Christian martyr (in Tunisia). Memory eternal!  angel

WE HAVE A NEW MARTYR

Come back Noah with your ark, for we have a new universal flood,
The world is red now and filled with Christ’s martyrs’ blood.
The two messengers to Sodom reappear and declare the murderers’ lot,
They will get what they deserve and with their false beliefs in Hell rot.

John the Baptist I saw head for Tunisia to scold the faithless,
Causing great fear and predicting terror for the reckless.
Mourning and holding the latest martyr’s corpse now headless,
Trouble awaits the murderers as in darkness they will remain restless.

Who gave you authority to torture and sacrifice the just, you brood of vipers?
Lies you tell and harm the pious since you are but the ancient enemy’s deceived helpers.
The Son of Man is keeping a record and He will remember in His Kingdom all His disciples,
Stop following the beast or you too will be of the eternal whiners. 

The slaughtered believer we consider so dear,
Worthier than sparrows we are and do not fear.
Arise Lord and to comfort us appear,
Condescend a second time and come to wipe every drop of tear.

When the Lord comes and intimacy dispels distance,
The saints convene and give out the Savior’s fragrance.
Hymns of praise are voiced to stress the importance of forbearance,
Then is manifested God’s vengeance and are gathered the ripest fruits of patience.

All those who foolishly cling to the serpent’s tail,
God will prevail whilst your hopes are destined to fail.
Keep dancing in your mindlessness and consider my words a legendary tale,
Deaf you are to God’s words, but your victims will hear His triumphant hail.

The just are killed and the evil one feels exuberant,
When Christ’s followers are in question, demons are never hesitant.
Do not despair since the beast is dominant,
In Jesus’ promise we trust, the reign of Satan cannot be permanent.

Open your eyes and see Lucifer climbing the crescent,
Sorrow, suffering, bloodshed are for Christians everywhere present.
Yet joining the feast of the angels and seeing the martyrs are so pleasant,
The translucent crown of incorruption is our saints’ present.

Martyrs’ blood is dripping and we the residents of this world make this call,
In their youth were they killed and their spring turned into fall.
Abject sinners we are and the tower of our sins is so tall,
You holy victims be mindful of us and intercede for us all.

What you Satan’s slaves do is so nasty,
Your cries of joy and victory are so hasty.
You in vain deny that the fruit of martyrdom is tasty,
For those who proclaim in their final breath “Christos anesti!”

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »

"The two messengers to Sodom reappear and declare the murderers’ lot,
They will get what they deserve and with their false beliefs in Hell rot."

Evidently we have Christ the Judge in our midst.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

They are Christ's messengers and obey His commands Wink

More to the point, in the poem an analogy is made between the biblical Sodom-Gomorrah and the nation in view.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:50:17 PM by Theophilos78 » Logged

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »

They are Christ's messengers and obey His commands Wink

More to the point, in the poem an analogy is made between the biblical Sodom-Gomorrah and the nation in view.

When exactly were the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah condemned to Hell?  And what's with the "They will get what the deserve," when there's a hymn to the effect of "He judges us not according to our iniquity and rewards us not according to our sins"?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

When exactly were the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah condemned to Hell?  And what's with the "They will get what the deserve," when there's a hymn to the effect of "He judges us not according to our iniquity and rewards us not according to our sins"?

The People of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their sins. They got what they deserved. Read the universal epistles and the Apocalypse.  Grin

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »

The People of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their sins. They got what they deserved. Read the universal epistles and the Apocalypse.  Grin

From Ezekial 16: "46 And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

47 Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations: but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.

48 As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

51 Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

52 Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.

53 When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them:

54 That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.

55 When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

56 For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned by thy mouth in the day of thy pride,

57 Before thy wickedness was discovered, as at the time of thy reproach of the daughters of Syria, and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, which despise thee round about.

58 Thou hast borne thy lewdness and thine abominations, saith the Lord.

59 For thus saith the Lord God; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.

60 Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

61 Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.

62 And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord:

63 That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord God."

Do you think yourself the Chief of Sinners?  If not, do you recite that prayer during Lent?  If so, why, if you don't really believe it?  Hatred and condemnation of another human being to Hell, is certainly not what Christ had in mind when He said "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you."

Somehow, I don't think the prayer He had in mind was "And Lord, send them unto the fiery flames of your wrath that they may suffer torment all of their days.  Amen."

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:35 AM »

Do you think yourself the Chief of Sinners?  If not, do you recite that prayer during Lent?  If so, why, if you don't really believe it?

These are irrelevant to this topic and poem. What would change if I declared myself the Chief of sinners? Those murderers would change their mind and repent?

Hatred and condemnation of another human being to Hell, is certainly not what Christ had in mind when He said "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you."

Another straw man. I do not condemn the sinners to Hell, but God does. The poem only relates what God will do to the unrepentant sinners on the Day of Judgment. Whether I am pleased with God's judgments is not the issue.

Somehow, I don't think the prayer He had in mind was "And Lord, send them unto the fiery flames of your wrath that they may suffer torment all of their days.  Amen."

Who says that I make this prayer? What God will do to the sinners on the Day of Judgment is known already. Repeating this biblical teaching is not equal to hating and condemning people.

Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 07:29:40 AM »

Again, it was in Syria, not Tunisia... in Tunisia, the situation of Christians is not that bad and President Marzouki visited an Orthodox Church recently.
Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »

Again, it was in Syria, not Tunisia... in Tunisia, the situation of Christians is not that bad and President Marzouki visited an Orthodox Church recently.

An Arab friend of mine watched the video and confirmed that the accent of the lunatic murderers sounded Tunisian.

Theophilos78
Archon

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

Here is more information on the discussions concerning the identity of the victim and the place of the slaughter:

http://www.meforum.org/3257/slaughtered-convert-to-christianity

Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »

Here is more information on the discussions concerning the identity of the victim and the place of the slaughter:

http://www.meforum.org/3257/slaughtered-convert-to-christianity

In Tunisia, the situation cannot be compared to most other Muslim countries, since it is much more liberal and tolerant.

Even the attempt of some Islamists to take down a cross of a Church building caused national outrage. If there was such a murder in Tunisia, it would be all over the media of that country (and France). But not only there was nothing in Tunisian media, but I contacted my friend in Tunisia, and after investigation, she could not find any evidence of something like that having happened there, and the country actualy is quite small.
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:48 AM »

Nothing distinctively Tunisian at all in the accents, further hidden underneath Classical Arabic, and additionally assuming this isn't a pasted audio track.  'Raafidi', frequently used as a slur against Shi'ites, is also heard. 

It isn't convincing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:00:03 AM by SamB » Logged
Tags: martyr  suffering  poem  Tunisia  beheaded 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: