Author Topic: Many years  (Read 1569 times)

Offline prodromos

• OC.net guru
  • Sydney, Australia
Many years
« on: November 08, 2004, 10:20:44 AM »
to any Michaels, Gabriels, Raphaels and anyone else named after an angel (I believe there are a few more names passed down through Jewish tradition.

Synaxis of the Archangel Michael & the other Bodiless Powers: Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Salaphiel, Jegudiel, & Barachiel

John.

Offline MsGuided

• Pharmakolytria
  • Elder
  • St. Anastasia
Re:Many years
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 12:23:49 PM »
I don't have a Christian name, but I was confirmed in the RCC with the name "Angel".  This is the closest I get to having a "Name Day".  :)
"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 01:20:02 PM »
I chose St. Michael the Archangel for my confirmation name & saint way back in 64.

May we be protected from the evil one.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline TomS

• Archon
  • "Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:55:40 PM »
My wife says I'm an angel.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 02:11:47 PM »
She must not read OCNet.  :P
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline CatholicEagle

• Elder
  • HH St.Pius X, Pope of Rome, Ecumenical Pontiff
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 02:27:29 PM »
Sancte Michaele Archangele defende nos in proelio, contra neuquitiam et insidias diaboli esto prasiedium. Imperet illi Deus , supplices deprecamur, tuque princeps militae caelestis Satanam aliosquam spiritus malignos que ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo.

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 03:00:54 PM »
I echo & second Phils' post, kinda like Dennis the Menace fame, but will all do have them... it's not confined to a individual.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.