OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 08:24:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Saints?  (Read 6476 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »

1. The Saintly All-HOLINESS Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I
2. The Saintly Eminence, Emmanuel of France
3. Saint John Paul II
4. The Saintly All-HOLINESS Ecumenical Patriarch Dionysius IV Muselimes (the Muslim)
5. The Holy Fathers of the 3rd Meeting of the Joint Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Orthodox Church and the Oriental Orthodox Churches
6. The Holy Fathers of the Joint International Commission for the Theological Dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church VIIth Plenary Session
7. The Saintly Titular Reverend, Killistos Ware
8. The Saintly Titular Reverend, John of Pergamon

i cannot count past 8

You forgot Fr. John Anthony McGuckin. The clip at which he publishes terrific books is definitely supernatural.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2013, 12:57:21 AM »

1-10: Nicholas of Myra

He punched Arius. How much more can you do?

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Miaphysite Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: The Church of Alexandria

Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth

Partisangirl
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »

In no particular order:

+St. Cyril of Alexandria
+St. Athanasius of Alexandria
+St. Severus of Antioch
+St. Dioscorus of Alexandria
+St. John Chrysostom
+St. Paul the Hermit
+St. Anthony the Great
+St. Basil the Great
+St. Gregory of Nyssa
+St. Gregory the Theologian

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

I am currently not an active poster on the forum. Please forgive any offense I might have caused in the past. Thank you.
domNoah

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of San Bernadino

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »

I think it is one thing to ask who are your top 10 favorite Saints, it is another to ask WHO are the the top 10 greatest saints, be careful in making such judgement.

From one of my favorite books.

"The man who thinks of the greatness of his own sins and the littleness of his virtues, and of the distance between himself and the perfection of the saints, acts much more acceptably to God than the one who argues about who is greater or who is less. It is better to invoke the saints with devout prayers and tears, and with a humble mind to beg their glorious aid, than to search with vain inquisitiveness into their secrets."

"Many ask who is the greater in the kingdom of heaven when they do not know whether they themselves shall be worthy of being numbered among
its least. It is a great thing to be even the least in heaven where all are great because all shall be called, and shall be, the children of God. The least shall be as a thousand, and the sinner of a hundred years shall die. For when the disciples asked who should be greater in the kingdom of heaven they heard this response: "Unless you be converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whosoever shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven." The Imitation of Christ, Chapter 58, High Matters and the Hidden Judgments of God Are Not to Be Scrutinized
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:49:30 PM by domNoah » Logged

"I hope that when you come to die your last breath may utter that name of Jesus with deep confidence, and that our Lord will answer your dying sigh with an affectionate welcome into his heavenly court." http://tinyurl.com/agubd5u

http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: