OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:34:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serbian priest shot by armed robbers in Bosnia  (Read 3168 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »

A Serbian Orthodox priest was shot in the head, and his wife assaulted, as armed robbers attacked the couple in their home in Bosnia. The attackers fled the scene after the May 31 incident.

From the article:
Police said Serbian Orthodox Priest Sava Todorovic was injured but survived after armed "masked robbers" entering his residence, tied, physically abused and shot him early Thursday, May 31.

His wife, Jelica Todorovic, "was also bound and physically abused" during the attack in Kalenderovci village, near the town of Derventa in Bosnia's Republic Srpska.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »

A Serbian Orthodox priest was shot in the head, and his wife assaulted, as armed robbers attacked the couple in their home in Bosnia. The attackers fled the scene after the May 31 incident.

From the article:
Police said Serbian Orthodox Priest Sava Todorovic was injured but survived after armed "masked robbers" entering his residence, tied, physically abused and shot him early Thursday, May 31.

His wife, Jelica Todorovic, "was also bound and physically abused" during the attack in Kalenderovci village, near the town of Derventa in Bosnia's Republic Srpska.

The thieves were probably Muslims.  It's not an offense to Allah to rob and attack Christians. Angry
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »

From the article:

The thieves were probably Muslims.  It's not an offense to Allah to rob and attack Christians. Angry

Once more, you know not what you are talking about.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »

The thieves were probably Muslims. 

I agree as I have family near Zvornik in Bosnia and there is a big tension between tense between Serbs and Muslims. E.g. when I was visiting my family we couldn't go into a Muslims district to not be attacked. It's difficult to build a new church (however, I was at consecration of a new monastery in Kozluk, very nice, patriotic ceremony during which was a call to prayer from nearby mosque), while for a mosque it's not problem.

I'm very sorry for this priest and his wife, I hope it's not beginning of more attacks against Christians in this country

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »

From the article:

The thieves were probably Muslims.  It's not an offense to Allah to rob and attack Christians. Angry

Actually, s/he does.  I was a practicing Muslim for almost ten years and there were plenty of talks that had to do with making the "infidel" pay for "past" aggressions (and these "aggressions" are everything from simply being Christian to supporting Israel to Western policies in the Middle East).  Obviously this didn't apply to every. single. Muslim... but out of the 60 that attended Friday prayers back in the '90's, I'd say 2/3 harbored some type of hatred towards Christians.  The majority of Muslims in Bosnia are nothing but trouble.  I met plenty in Chicago, San Diego and Oklahoma City who didn't like Serbs.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:50:59 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Knee V

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

From the article:

To be Bosnian is to be Muslim.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:16:33 PM »

From the article:

To be Bosnian is to be Muslim.

I'm half Bosnian & definitely not Muslim! angel laugh

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »

Lord have mercy.

May God grant them recovery spiritually & physically

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »

To be Bosniak is to be Muslim.

Fixed.

My Bosniak friend Tanja, who left Sarajevo during the war, returned for the first time about 7 years or so ago and was dismayed to find that most of her previously "Muslim by nationality" family had become (shock! horror!) Evangelical Christians and spent most of her visit pestering her for money since she is a rich American now. Grin I guess Bosnia isn't doing too hot these days, hence crimes like this one. Lord have mercy.

Byron
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Nationalist

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »

I agree as I have family near Zvornik in Bosnia and there is a big tension between tense between Serbs and Muslims. E.g. when I was visiting my family we couldn't go into a Muslims district to not be attacked. It's difficult to build a new church (however, I was at consecration of a new monastery in Kozluk, very nice, patriotic ceremony during which was a call to prayer from nearby mosque), while for a mosque it's not problem.

I'm very sorry for this priest and his wife, I hope it's not beginning of more attacks against Christians in this country

Very sad, yet NATO and Clinton bombed the Serbs in order to establish a Muslim state in Europe. MAny American so called Orthodox members of this very site supported this action and do till this day.

WIthout western intervention the Bosnian Muslim problem would have been solved and a fair re-drawing of anti-Serb communist era boundaries would have been possible.

ANyway from what i hear the govt of Republika Srpska is ignoring the "central" govt and is in effect running its part of Bosnia as a de-facto independent state. Hence the recent re-classification of Brcko by that scumbag High Commissioner - to make things harder for the Serbs.

Sooner or later Republika Srpska will have a referendum and declare independence. I don't know why Serbia and Republika Srspka never signed a formal treaty of defence with Russia and invited Russian troops in.

Fill the country up with Russian bases and tell NATO to get stuffed.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:02:08 AM by Byron » Logged

I. Metaxas - 4th of August Regime

"Country, Loyalty, Family and Religion".

Nationalism, Monarchy, Family and Orthodoxy.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »

Lord have mercy.

May God grant them recovery spiritually & physically

Amen, Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
peteprint
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 02:20:26 AM »

Lord have mercy!
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 02:53:46 AM »

So the article says, "It was not immediately clear what motivated the robbers."  Yet everyone here is already convinced that a Bosnian Caliphate is behind this.   It must have turned from gay to Muslim season around these parts. 
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

So the article says, "It was not immediately clear what motivated the robbers."  Yet everyone here is already convinced that a Bosnian Caliphate is behind this.   It must have turned from gay to Muslim season around these parts.  

One member was betting it would be RC season next.

Guess he was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:01:23 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 03:01:06 AM »

I was a practicing Muslim for almost ten years

If you ever wish to elaborate on this. I am all eyes.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 03:15:28 AM »

I'd like to hear about it, too, Gabriel.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:29:17 AM by dzheremi » Logged

Antonis
Prodigal
High Elder

"My Lord and my God!"

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »

From the article:

Have you read the Koran and Hadiths? There is no way you could have read them and disagree with that statement. Both encourage the rooting out of the infidels "of the Book."

For peace in the whole world,
for the stability of the holy churches of God,
and for the unity of all,
let us pray to the Lord.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »

Eh...realistically, though, even though Muslims are the largest single religious group in the country (45%), the town where this happened is 90% Serb, so it's less likely that it is a Muslim. Though of course it can't be ruled out. (Sources: Demographics of Derventa and demographics of wider Bosnia)

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »

From the article:

Have you read the Koran and Hadiths? There is no way you could have read them and disagree with that statement. Both encourage the rooting out of the infidels "of the Book."

The hadiths and Quran sort of remind of you the Old Testament God in the middle of one of His frequent temper tantrums, don't they? 
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:27 AM »

Wow. Wonderful job there of either being a Marcionite or bending over backwards to insult your own God and faith in order to support Islam. Muhammad would be proud of you, Nektarios.

Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 04:42:04 AM »

So the article says, "It was not immediately clear what motivated the robbers."  Yet everyone here is already convinced that a Bosnian Caliphate is behind this.   It must have turned from gay to Muslim season around these parts. 
you'd think ppl would've waited to start the new season until after i made my obliquatory snide post about the Diamond Jubillee.

Proverbs 22:7
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:01 AM »

Eh...realistically, though, even though Muslims are the largest single religious group in the country (45%), the town where this happened is 90% Serb, so it's less likely that it is a Muslim. Though of course it can't be ruled out. (Sources: Demographics of Derventa and demographics of wider Bosnia)

I forgot the maps

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »

From the article:

Actually I have read substantial portions of the Qur'an, and quite a few Hadith.  At one point in my life, I was like many Americans, and believed Islam was completely evil and all the Muslims were terrorists just waiting for the right opportunity to murder you and I.  Then I decided to learn about Islam by reading books written by Muslims, often very old books.  This taught me that prejudice is wrong.

The context for Qur'anic verses is generally known, and the context makes it a whole lot less frightening a book than the Bible, where we don't really know why God decided to massacre everyone in the land of Canaan.  Of course, we do know He was evidently racist, as evidenced by His murder of every first-born son in the land of Egypt, in order to free the Israelites.  You'd think He could of, you know, just sent angels to show His power before Pharoah, in order to avoid all the death, but whatever.  Before you attack the Muslims as having a religion of violence, think long and hard about what our Father did in the Old Testament (and if you bring up the old canard about how it's different since Jesus - which has its own problems - I hope you at least hate the Jews just as much as you do the Muslims).

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »

From the article:

Actually I have read substantial portions of the Qur'an, and quite a few Hadith.  At one point in my life, I was like many Americans, and believed Islam was completely evil and all the Muslims were terrorists just waiting for the right opportunity to murder you and I.  Then I decided to learn about Islam by reading books written by Muslims, often very old books.  This taught me that prejudice is wrong.

The context for Qur'anic verses is generally known, and the context makes it a whole lot less frightening a book than the Bible, where we don't really know why God decided to massacre everyone in the land of Canaan.  Of course, we do know He was evidently racist, as evidenced by His murder of every first-born son in the land of Egypt, in order to free the Israelites.  You'd think He could of, you know, just sent angels to show His power before Pharoah, in order to avoid all the death, but whatever.  Before you attack the Muslims as having a religion of violence, think long and hard about what our Father did in the Old Testament (and if you bring up the old canard about how it's different since Jesus - which has its own problems - I hope you at least hate the Jews just as much as you do the Muslims).

What about the historical context of Islam makes it one iota less frightening? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »

From the article:

What about the historical context of Islam makes it one iota less frightening? 

I was referring specifically to the context of those verses that some people think mean Muslims can do whatever they please to non-Muslims.  But really, the history of Islam is no more frightening than the history of Orthodoxy or Catholicism.

GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »

Next it'll be semi ex-pats.  Wink

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

I was a practicing Muslim for almost ten years

If you ever wish to elaborate on this. I am all eyes.

The story is on one of our threads here- either a 'Conversion' thread or a 'Past religious experience' thread.  I'll try to find  it.  If I can't, I'll share it again.

GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »

Actually I have read substantial portions of the Qur'an, and quite a few Hadith. 

You may just be further ahead than many Americans.  But I have lived Islam for nearly a decade of my life.  I was previously married to a Muslima (Muslim woman), I helped found an international Da'wa (missionary) foundation.  I had a good grasp of Arabic and recited all the prayers in Arabic.  I was elected the president of the local chapter of the Muslim Students Association.  We held major conferences with guest speakers at two of the universities here.  I was regularly invited to speak on radio and at the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary.  My housemates at the time (Pakistani, Turkish) turned our apartment living room into the local Mosque when there was none in town.  I befriended Muslims from Saudi Arabia, Oman, Indonesia, Sudan, Egypt, Albania, Bosnia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Syria, etc... I have flown to 5 major US cities in a plane owned by an Egyptian doctor to visit different masajid (mosques) in order to gather donations for a mosque.  I wrote to the Saudi Gov't in order to secure 50 Qur'ans for the local Muslim population. 

James, I lived and breathed Islam.  But, I'll grant that though this doesn't make me an expert by any means, you will never ever be able to tell me that Islam is not a violent religion.  Now before you start in, I didn't say ALL Muslims are prone to violence.  I've prayed next to grandfatherly old Turkish men who were kind, patient and who abhorred violence.  But James, ISLAM is a violent religion.  I studied the context of verses of the Qur'an (known as asbab al-nazul).  I had volumes on the Hadith of Muhammad.  I had a huge collection of Shi'a Hadith known as the Nahj al-Balagha (the sermons of 'Ali).

Again, James, all Muslims aren't violent.  But there is a reason why Islam has always had bloody borders.  I hope you'll reconsider your views.

BoredMeeting
Loving the Life of a Council Member
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox/OCA

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »

From the article:

The thieves were probably Bosnian police!
Theophilos78
OC.net guru

Faith: Yahwist-Apostolic Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »

The hadiths and Quran sort of remind of you the Old Testament God in the middle of one of His frequent temper tantrums, don't they? 

It by no means reminds me of the Old Testament since Moses was never identified in the Torah as "a mercy sent to all nations" unlike Muhammad in the Qur'an and since Judaism was never claimed to be "a religion of peace" in the Torah unlike Islam in the Qur'an. There was no change in Moses' approach to pagans whereas Muhammad constantly changed his approach to pagans and the People of the Book. It seems that these contrasts have escaped your sight. You should study Islam once more.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Theophilos78
OC.net guru

Faith: Yahwist-Apostolic Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »

The context for Qur'anic verses is generally known,

Not true. It's more difficult to grasp the context of the Qur'an verses since the Qur'an does not follow a clear sense of chronology and is full of grammatical anomalies that make the text harder to understand.

and the context makes it a whole lot less frightening a book than the Bible, where we don't really know why God decided to massacre everyone in the land of Canaan. 

Here you erroneously ascribe a sort of biblical ignorance to all Christians. For instance, I personally know why such a commandment was given and I also know that I am not the only person to know this.

Of course, we do know He was evidently racist, as evidenced by His murder of every first-born son in the land of Egypt, in order to free the Israelites. 

I only laugh at this blasphemous comment of yours. Besides, this comment of yours exhibits the fallacy of RED HERRING as it is not relevant to the topic. You must be happy though since you found an occasion to attack the God of the Jews. (I actually do not know if you consider Christ's Father a separate deity from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Maybe you hate Demiurge and material?)

You'd think He could of, you know, just sent angels to show His power before Pharoah, in order to avoid all the death, but whatever. 

You do not know that Muhammad copied the Jewish story about Pharaoh's punishment from the Torah and Talmud, right?

Before you attack the Muslims

STRAW MAN. We do not attack Muslims, we attack ISLAM.

as having a religion of violence, think long and hard about what our Father did in the Old Testament (and if you bring up the old canard about how it's different since Jesus - which has its own problems - I hope you at least hate the Jews just as much as you do the Muslims).

The Torah nowhere claims that the Mosaic Law or the other violent acts were for all people and all times. However, the Qur'an claims to be the final word-by-word revelation of God given to Muhammad for all people and times.

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

Is everyone here a Marcionite? What the hell is going on? The Old Testament is the WORD OF GOD not any less than the New Testament, though of course our relationship to it is radically different than that of the Jews (or the Muslims, since Muhammad plagiarized and distorted it to support his false "prophethood", as his followers continue to do to this day for the same reason), since we are Christians. I cannot believe the lengths to which some people will go to defend the blasphemies of a Christ-denying illiterate pagan and his followers and the stupid, unnecessary, destructive, and fake pseudo-religion and political project they founded. Sick. This is sick.   Angry

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »

Is everyone here a Marcionite? What the hell is going on? The Old Testament is the WORD OF GOD not any less than the New Testament, though of course our relationship to it is radically different than that of the Jews (or the Muslims, since Muhammad plagiarized and distorted it to support his false "prophethood", as his followers continue to do to this day for the same reason), since we are Christians. I cannot believe the lengths to which some people will go to defend the blasphemies of a Christ-denying illiterate pagan and his followers and the stupid, unnecessary, destructive, and fake pseudo-religion and political project they founded. Sick. This is sick.   Angry

You sound extremely angry.

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:50 PM »

I am extremely angry! Blasphemy against God the Father is kinda one of my "buttons"...go figure...

Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »

From the article:

The thieves were probably Muslims.  It's not an offense to Allah to rob and attack Christians. Angry

Yes I do, but I can't give you exactly the verses in the Quran and Hadith.  I'm sorry but  I can't hold on to every writing I come across.  By the way, it's also not a sin for a Muslim to break one's word to a Christian...something the Venetians found out the hard way.    Two days ago in Athens two Greek boys tried to stop someone from robbing their car and they were both shot.  I can assure you, it was not a Greek that shot them, no more than it was a Greek that shot the nun in the monastery when an icon was stolen.  It was a Muslim from Fyrom.

There is now a Nazi party in Greece that escorts the elderly living in the section where the illegal Pakis, Afghans, etc. habitate, that way they'll be able to go out and collect their SS checks.  This doesn't mean that all the 500,000 illegal Muslims in Greece are criminals, only that they are desperate and will rob.  The shootings though are deliberately meant to cause anarchy.   Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:15:59 PM by Zenovia » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »

ere is now a Nazi party in Greece that escorts the elderly...
That shouldn't by any chance be Golden Dawn?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »

Very sad, yet NATO and Clinton bombed the Serbs in order to establish a Muslim state in Europe. MAny American so called Orthodox members of this very site supported this action and do till this day.

WIthout western intervention the Bosnian Muslim problem would have been solved and a fair re-drawing of anti-Serb communist era boundaries would have been possible.

ANyway from what i hear the govt of Republika Srpska is ignoring the "central" govt and is in effect running its part of Bosnia as a de-facto independent state. Hence the recent re-classification of Brcko by that scumbag High Commissioner - to make things harder for the Serbs.

Sooner or later Republika Srpska will have a referendum and declare independence. I don't know why Serbia and Republika Srspka never signed a formal treaty of defence with Russia and invited Russian troops in.

Fill the country up with Russian bases and tell NATO to get stuffed.

Russia objected with Kosovo, and the West paid them no heed and thereby started another Cold War...if not WWIII.   This time Russia is being firm with what's going on in Syria.  It's also building up its forces.   The majority of Arab Syrians are Sunni and if we were to intervene on their behalf, and the Sunnis were to get the upper hand, the massacres against the Christians will start.  It's traditional that's why they keep their mouth shut in that part of the world. 

The city of Homs has been cleared of tens of thousands of Christians, by the rebels of course. Hmmm!  Funny how so little is mentioned in the newspapers.  I wonder why? Huh
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »

Yes it is.  Greece though is building detention centers for the illegals, that way they can be fed until a way is found to send that back from whence they came.  Turkey sent over thirty five thousand illegals in the last three months of last year.  A wall is being built along the border with Turkey and the EU has helicopters guarding the islands.  Angry
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

Yes it is.  Greece though is building detention centers for the illegals, that way they can be fed until a way is found to send that back from whence they came.  Turkey sent over thirty five thousand illegals in the last three months of last year.  A wall is being built along the border with Turkey and the EU has helicopters guarding the islands.  Angry
Hmm, I must say that I doubt that anything good will come out of that, but I guess time will show.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Byron
Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »

Not to sidetrack, but G.D. is the only party that has the best interests of the Greek nation at its heart.

As for the borders with Turkey they should have built that 20km fence, years ago. Why didn't the socialist govt do so? Because they benefit from the Muslim third worlders that settle in Greece.

What Greece really needs now is a new Metaxas (the greatest leader modern Greece has ever had), a man who loved his country, his people and his heritage instead of selling it out like the current lot of mainstream party traitors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3YQ0rt_gg&feature=related

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

Not to sidetrack, but G.D. is the only party that has the best interests of the Greek nation at its heart.

Ah yes, the neopagan fascists know best.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »

God is Creation and therefore Pure Love.  Any form of destruction is a negation of God's Creation and Love, so how can God destroy?  It's man that  destroys through his sins because everything man is and does affects everyone and everything... even the weather. 

We know  that the Holy Spirit cannot guide people to kill others, since He is a Spirit of Comfort and Love.  He gives people peace.   This full revelation of God as we know Him, was not known before the Incarnation.  At that time God could only be understood in a certain way, and that made Him appear in the OT as merciless and cruel.  Mohamed in contrast added nothing new to our vision of God.  Instead he lessened the God of the Jews  to that of a pagan 'demon' diety. 

Anyway here's excerpts from an interesting article that includes a video of an apostate being beheaded in Egypt.  His crime:  Converting to Christianity:

"There is unanimity that the male apostate must be put to death."

Liberal talk show host Tawfiq Okasha recently appeared on "Egypt Today," airing a video of Muslims slicing off a young man's head off for the crime of apostasy -- in this instance, the crime of converting to Christianity and refusing to renounce it. The video—be warned, it is immensely graphic—can be seen here (the actual execution appears from minute 1:13-4:00). For those who prefer not to view it, a summary follows:

A young man appears held down by masked men. His head is pulled back, with a knife to his throat. He does not struggle and appears resigned to his fate. Speaking in Arabic, the background speaker, or "narrator," chants a number of Muslim prayers and supplications, mostly condemning Christianity, which, because of the Trinity, is referred to as a polytheistic faith: "Let Allah be avenged on the polytheist apostate"; "Allah empower your religion, make it victorious against the polytheists"; "Allah, defeat the infidels at the hands of the Muslims," and "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger."

Any number of Islamic legal manuals make explicitly clear that apostasy is a capital crime, punishable by death. The first "righteous caliph," a model of Muslim piety, had tens of thousands of former Muslims slaughtered—including by burning, beheading, and crucifixion—simply because they tried to break away from Islam. According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, the most authoritative reference work on Islam in the English language, "there is unanimity that the male apostate must be put to death."

Finally, a word on the "prayers" or supplications to Allah made by the Muslim executioners in the video: these are standard and formulaic. In other words, these are not just masked, anonymous butchers who pray to Allah as they engage in acts of cutting throats and holding up heads, these are top-ranking Muslim leaders, who appear regularly on TV, who invoke such hate-filled prayers.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3092/tunisia-muslims-slaughter-apostate   
Byron
Elder

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »

Ah yes, the neopagan fascists know best.

Many people, esp in central Athens believe so. At the very least they are the only ones that are willing to do and have done something about the problem of illegal immigration and the Islamic influx.

And i wouldn't exactly call them neopagan. Yes they aspire to the best aspects of ancient Hellenic civilisation but i have not seen their leadership or followers call for a return to neopaganism.

All you do is discredit yourself by making up lies to suit your anti-white European agenda.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:29:09 PM by Byron » Logged

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 01:25:26 AM »

Maybe we should stop now, since this is getting quite off topic.

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags: Serbian Orthodox Church  Bosnia  crime 
Pages: 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: