OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 06:07:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New world order and the control of the mind  (Read 778 times) Average Rating: 0
Gentleman

Faith: Christian (Orthodox)
Jurisdiction: Moskow

He hangeth earth upon nothing (Job 26:7)

« on: May 31, 2012, 06:48:39 AM »

New world order and the control of the mind (with Greek subtitles)
Do you think it's true?

I pray Thee, O Merciful Lord, for all the peoples of the earth, that they may come to know Thee by Thy Holy Spirit.

www.journeytoorthodoxy.com/
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »

Do you think it's true?

Er... no.  Tongue

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

Do you think it's true?

I didn't watch the link.  I never watch youtube links unless someone explicitly tells me upfront what it's about and that about consists of baby platypussies doing cute things...

That said, if the link is talking about "mind control" as being various forms of propaganda and social engineering, then yes, it is apparent to anyone with IQ over room temperature, and this has been going on for some time.  Old news.  Heck, almost all "education" in the US, at least, is geared towards something other than the intended purpose of education.  I am equally leery of the "Fourth Estate" (which could also be described as a "Fifth Column", IMHO).

Now, if the link consists of the Ancient Aliens guy talking about CIA brainwaves...then it is probably ridiculous.  All the same, if there are baby platypussies doing cute things I will probably watch it, even if I have to endure the abomination that is that man's hair.
Gentleman

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »

The link is informative, although you may or may not agree with the information offered.
In Greece (although I am not there) it seems to be a very important issue for many Orthodox Christians. New order is seen by them as a threat to humanity.

I pray Thee, O Merciful Lord, for all the peoples of the earth, that they may come to know Thee by Thy Holy Spirit.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 02:09:18 PM »

The link is informative, although you may or may not agree with the information offered.
In Greece (although I am not there) it seems to be a very important issue for many Orthodox Christians. New order is seen by them as a threat to humanity.

Do they not have faith that God is almighty?

Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »

Ah, when it comes to the precursors to the Antichrist, it is always the same two naysayers.  Are you two by any chance his internet prophets?

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »

Sounds pretty Protestant if you ask me :-/

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Gentleman

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »

I think it's not about that. No one denies that God is almighty.
I think it's about the preparation for the coming of Antichrist, whose appearance is unavoidable. It's supposed that everything (may be except some hidden Christians) will be certainly controlled during his rule.

Personally I don't pay much attention to these theories like 'new world order', although I am thankful to them for the information and their theories which may be partially or little bit true.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »

I think it's not about that. No one denies that God is almighty.
I think it's about the preparation for the coming of Antichrist, whose appearance is unavoidable. It's supposed that everything (may be except some hidden Christians) will be certainly controlled during his rule.

Personally I don't pay much attention to these theories like 'new world order', although I am thankful to them for the information and their theories which may be partially or little bit true.

So you don't pay attention, but you do?

KBN1
High Elder

Faith: EO
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »

I also have not yet watched the video.  I'll check it out later.  As far as my personal view of the NWO goes, I do believe that there is a sect of the power elite that has plans for humanity.  As far as the media goes, "Mind control" is certainly an exaggeration, though we are being constantly manipulated.  Nearly all advertising is designed to make us feel inadequate and incomplete and should be avoided as much as possible.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Gentleman

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »

As far as my personal view of the NWO goes, I do believe that there is a sect of the power elite that has plans for humanity.  As far as the media goes, "Mind control" is certainly an exaggeration, though we are being constantly manipulated.  Nearly all advertising is designed to make us feel inadequate and incomplete and should be avoided as much as possible.

+1

age234
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »

I think a lot of the stuff in the video may be true, but I have trouble with the conspiracy aspect.

TV absolutely affects people's minds and actions. Look at the Trayvon Martin situation—there were lynch mobs being organized based on rumors, assumptions, and plain lies reported by the media. The media whipped the whole country into a frenzy over it.

This is undoubtedly driven by ideology, but I have trouble with the idea that there's some all-powerful shadow organization of puppetmasters controlling everything. If there is, we're completely hosed anyway. I think the devil works in more subtle ways than that.

Setting the stage for the Antichrist though? Absolutely.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »

I think a lot of the stuff in the video may be true, but I have trouble with the conspiracy aspect.

TV absolutely affects people's minds and actions. Look at the Trayvon Martin situation—there were lynch mobs being organized based on rumors, assumptions, and plain lies reported by the media. The media whipped the whole country into a frenzy over it.

This is undoubtedly driven by ideology, but I have trouble with the idea that there's some all-powerful shadow organization of puppetmasters controlling everything. If there is, we're completely hosed anyway. I think the devil works in more subtle ways than that.

Agreed.  I don't think there is any "shadow organization".  People are too hard to organize.  I do think that the elite of the world are more and more starting to share a "culture" amongst each other.  With globalization this is pretty inevitable.  I think that over time they will share more in common with each other than they do with the people of their countries.  There is historical precedent for this.  Throughout the Middle Ages and even more so in the "Age of Enlightenment" the nobilities in Europe probably had more in common with each other than with their peasants.  In the Roman Empire you could often see the same thing.

As for mind control, governments using brain waves or whatever such nonsense to control people's minds is just that - nonsense.  But the fact that governments try to control the attitudes and opinions of their populations is just common sense.  It is quickly apparent to anyone who knows what he is looking for.  Mind control is controlling people's attitudes and culture.  I'm not entirely sure this is a completely bad things.  It is a very natural thing.  Humans are social creatures and more often than not we require consensus.

All the same, I think there will be...interesting...events on the horizon.  The world is changing, probably at a faster rate than ever before, and we all have front row seats!
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »

Agreed.  I don't think there is any "shadow organization".  People are too hard to organize.  I do think that the elite of the world are more and more starting to share a "culture" amongst each other.  With globalization this is pretty inevitable.  I think that over time they will share more in common with each other than they do with the people of their countries.  There is historical precedent for this.  Throughout the Middle Ages and even more so in the "Age of Enlightenment" the nobilities in Europe probably had more in common with each other than with their peasants.  In the Roman Empire you could often see the same thing.

As for mind control, governments using brain waves or whatever such nonsense to control people's minds is just that - nonsense.  But the fact that governments try to control the attitudes and opinions of their populations is just common sense.  It is quickly apparent to anyone who knows what he is looking for.  Mind control is controlling people's attitudes and culture.  I'm not entirely sure this is a completely bad things.  It is a very natural thing.  Humans are social creatures and more often than not we require consensus.

All the same, I think there will be...interesting...events on the horizon.  The world is changing, probably at a faster rate than ever before, and we all have front row seats!

Ah, but you are forgetting something!  Since the government uses brain waves to control the populace, they can use those same waves to make you THINK the idea is nonsense.  I thank God every day that, when I was 10 years old, I made a foil hat, and haven't removed it since then!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

Ah, but you are forgetting something!  Since the government uses brain waves to control the populace, they can use those same waves to make you THINK the idea is nonsense.  I thank God every day that, when I was 10 years old, I made a foil hat, and haven't removed it since then!

You have to get it grafted to your scalp.  Otherwise, the newer model DX-30's can get through any airspace and still pollute your thoughts.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »

You have to get it grafted to your scalp.  Otherwise, the newer model DX-30's can get through any airspace and still pollute your thoughts.

Hmm...I supposed I overlooked that.  Do you have a list of reputable surgeons who aren't on the payroll of the secret societies, who are willing to perform the grafting?

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »

Satan can also be very informative. But the information he provides does not lead to life.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »

Mind control is nothing new. Dark powers have been manipulating the willing and witless for eons. It will continue and increase until the Lord returns and destroys them.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »

He's actually correct when he stated that people tend to believe what they read and/or see in the movies/books.  He goes on to state that "entertainment is not value free.  It has ideological content, it presents a world view that influences the people who watch the programming."  Anyone who turns off the tv/radio for a week will notice how influential media can be.  We're told how we should look and then run after that look.  We're told what cars to drive and then take out loans to purchase that car.  Much of the world considers this "normal", and we tend to justify it by telling ourselves that "It's just plain 'ol progress.", "I want to fit in." And our very ego's tentacles reach down into every thought. 

I've never bought in to the idea that there's a "secret group" (The Illuminati, The Protocol of the Elders of Zion, etc...), but there absolutely is One being who has massive influence; The Prince of Darkness, The Father of Lies- Satan.  He has been deceiving mankind from the beginning and, because of his deception and lies, we don't see things as they are and we placate ourselves.  Many saints, both early and contemporary, tell us that our time is short here, the end is nearer than we think.  But this message gets drowned out by all the commercials advertising things we need.  By politicians telling us they're answer.  By news media/networks deciding which stories we get to watch/read and how those stories will be edited.  By pharmaceutical companies pushing their drugs by telling us, "You just shouldn't have to feel this way." 

The speaker mentions "Information Control" a great deal.  I'm not, nor was the speaker, referring to so-called 'conspiracy theories', but real information.  Every day, news editors must choose which stories to print.  Much of that decision is motivated by money because they need to sell their papers/publications.  But there again, Satan tricks them and us into believing what we read/see/hear. 

Although this is a frighteningly serious topic, Christians have known about this since the Resurrection.  Those Christians who left their societies and went to the deserts have spoken at length about this "Information Control", though they didn't employ that phrase.  The Fathers speak of Logismoi; assaultive thoughts that lead us away from Jesus the Christ.  Jesus himself even warned us to be watchful, to learn discern truth from lies, to be "wise as serpents...". "Mind Control", although the stuff of great movies and literature, is very real.  Satan works endlessly and tirelessly at getting at our thoughts and he will and does use anything to do it. 

These days, we are bombarded by "information" from 24 hour news channels, the internet, etc... and the interesting/scary thing about it is how fast it travels these days. 

As an Industrialized society, we tend to look askance at earlier cultures with their myriad of superstitions.  But with all that "information" out there, Satan has made us really no better.   

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »

Awesome post Gabriel.

"Thoughts are like airplanes flying in the air. If you ignore them, there is no problem. If you pay attention to them, you create an airport inside your head and permit them to land!" - Elder Paisos

More on this topic here:
http://www.pravmir.com/article_23.html

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »

For Michal Kalina's and JamesRottnek's enjoyment in particular:

The Tin Foil Hat Song from Eclectech.co.uk

http://www.eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php

Wink

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59:09 PM »

For Michal Kalina's and JamesRottnek's enjoyment in particular:

The Tin Foil Hat Song from Eclectech.co.uk

http://www.eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php

Wink

Funny song.  And I mean no disrespect to Ebor, but this is just one way Satan influences us; through humor to discredit.  Rather than fight Truth head on (which Satan also does), Satan is a master at deception and if he can get us to laugh and not take things so seriously, his job will be a little easier.  I don't deny that there are tin hat goofball's spinning and believing in weird conspiracy theories based on half-truths, but to automatically lump them in with attempts at serious discussion is disappointing.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

I absolutely believe that there is a group of men, who has a goal of making a New World Order.
One world government
One world currency
One world religion (ahem ecumenism)

I also believe the masses are brainwashed.  We'll watch them spend their entire lives working for paper that is not backed by metals, going into debt over the paper, and lusting for the paper, calling it money, only to watch them regulate the value of the paper, hyperinflate the paper, and come take their debt house they had half paid off on.  It's a sham, and nobody seems to see it.   When everybody sees it, they pull the plug, destroy all savings, and call their debt notes.  We loose everything.  Retirement, 401k, savings... Everything goes to paper value.  POOF.  Ever wonder why you can't keep PHYSICAL METAL in a 401k, or a PHYSICAL COMMODITY, because they want PAPER value.  It's a money sham.  They own you.  They are wicked and evil people.  They practice Usury on money they print. 

Some arguments on the NWO are subjective and some silly.   But the core, is immensely evil and real.   Follow the control, follow the money, and follow how they morally break down and weaken the family.  You'll see it.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »

Hmm...I supposed I overlooked that.  Do you have a list of reputable surgeons who aren't on the payroll of the secret societies, who are willing to perform the grafting?

There are none.  They are all corrupted.  You will need to do it yourself.  If you are serious I will show you how to do it with a soldering iron and some soap.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: