OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:31:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox quizzes!  (Read 352 times) Average Rating: 0
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« on: June 17, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »

Hey for all you quizzophiles check these out... see who can get the best score. My friend and I made these...let me know what u think!  Cool

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=orthodox-christianity

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=orthocats-orthodox-christianity-quiz
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

Hidden...

Hey for all you quizzophiles check these out... see who can get the best score. My friend and I made these...let me know what u think!  Cool

http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=orthodox-christianity

The answer given for question #6 is a tricky one. Of the options give, St. Basil did indeed write a defense of the Holy Spirit, but St. Gregory the theologian is also listed, and while his defense was originally delivered orally (Oration 31), it probably had a larger influence through the centuries as a text than that of St. Basil. It's further trickyfied by the fact that other Fathers wrote defenses of the Holy Spirit, such as St. Ambrose and St. Gregory of Nyssa.

On question #12 we have a tricky one again. Two names provided said the "God became man that man might become god": St. Gregory and St. Athanasius both. Other saints said this as well, such as St. Irenaeus.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:06:31 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »

lol...you're good! But don't give out all the answers!  police
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »

Doh! Sorry about that.. I tried to go back and change the color to hide it, but that didn't work.  Sorry about it being nit picky as well. Good job Smiley
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »

Doh! Sorry about that.. I tried to go back and change the color to hide it, but that didn't work.  Sorry about it being nit picky as well. Good job Smiley

lol it's ok thanks Cheesy
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »

I failed. I got a 65%. I guess I don't know very much about Eastern Orthodoxy in particular (makes sense; I'm not EO), since the majority of the questions I missed were about EO-specific things, e.g., first bishop of North America. Oh well.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

Tooting my own horn: if you go over to Fun Trivia.com, I'm the player neon000 and I wrote a bunch of quizzes about Orthodoxy. A few other people did, too.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 10:24:13 PM »

Question #1:  Which event created Christ's Church?  Answer: Pentecost.

WRONG!  This is a very common misconception.  The Church has ALWAYS been in existence.  The fulfillment of Christ's promises occurred at Pentecost but the church itself has always been. I can quote numerous fathers on that.

What day are the 12 Gospels read?  Answer:  Great Friday.

Yes, but in Parish Practice (and I think even in monastic practice; someone check me on this one) it is always done on Thursday evening though it is the Orthros for Friday morning.  It's a tricky question.

In the Sacrament of Marriage, the crowns or Stephanos placed on the heads of the couple represent what?  Answer:Glory and honor as king and queen of their own little kingdom, the home, which they rule with wisdom, justice, and integrity.  WRONG.

Or, at least, I have NEVER heard this aetiology before.  The better answer, though not the best answer is:  Holiness in coming together as one.  As the St. Stephen is particularly commemorated and hymns to the martyrs are chanted, the crowsn are the crowns of martyrdom as the bride and groom die to themselves for the sake of the spouse and for the sake of Christ.  I have never ever heard the crowns being used to indicate a ruling over a kingdom and I've been through the marriage counseling pretty recently.

Sorry for the spoilers, but I'm the kind of person who writes in to Jeopardy! when they have stuff wrong (and believe me; they do).

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 10:40:27 PM »

Tooting my own horn: if you go over to Fun Trivia.com, I'm the player neon000 and I wrote a bunch of quizzes about Orthodoxy. A few other people did, too.  Smiley

awesome, thanks biro! Cheesy
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 10:48:05 PM »

You're welcome.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: