OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 10:19:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue Of Masonic Imagery In Orthodoxy  (Read 3243 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »

Lawl at "lineage".

Just like all the "authentic ninja schools" headed by American white people.

Obviously you never watched Bloodsport. That stuff is not to be lulzed over. For real!
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »

It seems to me that the Church is no less lawl-worthy than these silly occultists.

Coming from a manwitch.

Cool

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Babalon
Resident Occultist

Faith: Gnosis
Jurisdiction: A.'.A.'.

I am everywhere the centre.

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »

It seems to me that the Church is no less lawl-worthy than these silly occultists.

Coming from a manwitch.

Cool
Hahahah. Now i want a sloppy joe.

Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Yet, within the fevered imaginations of some, often those who also buy into conspiracy theories and Bigfoot sightings, how relevant are they in our modern society? Decades ago, being a Mason was viewed by some in the immigrant communities as a way to 'buy in' to the American dream of upward mobility or class mobility in some parts of Europe. But since the end of the second world war, the membership and influence of Masons has diminished considerably. Seriously, how many of you really know of any serious Masons under the age of sixty? Just how 'secret' can a 'secret' society remain in today's world of the internets, Facebook, iPhones etc.... In town and city after town and city one can find underutilized or abandoned buildings which once housed large clubs of Masons, Scottish Rite temples, Kalurah temples etc..etc... - in downtown Binghamton, NY, my hometown, the sturdy, size of a city block 1930's Temple has been vacant since I was in high school in the 1970's and is a decrepit, falling apart hulk. The equally large Kalurah temple in town, which once showcased boxing matches, basketball tournaments and circuses has been an Assembly of God church for as long as I can remember going back to the 1960's.
Here in the South, every small, population-600 town has a closed-down Masonic lodge made up of cheap brick or cinderblock.

Locally, the Masons and Eastern Star are little more than a social club for the black community.

I do know a couple of Masons/Eastern Star members in their late-20s/early-30s, but both view it as a sort of cultural oddity they participate in to make their grandparents happy.

I have wondered more than once what it is about Orthodox message boards that seem to attract the Masonic conspiracy wingnuts.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Mivac

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »

How about this one from one of the monolithic churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia -- 12th century. Crazy Adolf was not there.. was he?

Adolf wasn't, but the time-traveling Nazi scientists were. Obviously.

The symbol came from Theosophy in Tibet, and this was the symbol of death.    Either it was an unrelated coincidence, or plotted...

The symbol was also used by Native American Indians with various meanings.
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:28 AM »

Yet, within the fevered imaginations of some, often those who also buy into conspiracy theories and Bigfoot sightings, how relevant are they in our modern society? Decades ago, being a Mason was viewed by some in the immigrant communities as a way to 'buy in' to the American dream of upward mobility or class mobility in some parts of Europe. But since the end of the second world war, the membership and influence of Masons has diminished considerably. Seriously, how many of you really know of any serious Masons under the age of sixty? Just how 'secret' can a 'secret' society remain in today's world of the internets, Facebook, iPhones etc.... In town and city after town and city one can find underutilized or abandoned buildings which once housed large clubs of Masons, Scottish Rite temples, Kalurah temples etc..etc... - in downtown Binghamton, NY, my hometown, the sturdy, size of a city block 1930's Temple has been vacant since I was in high school in the 1970's and is a decrepit, falling apart hulk. The equally large Kalurah temple in town, which once showcased boxing matches, basketball tournaments and circuses has been an Assembly of God church for as long as I can remember going back to the 1960's.
Here in the South, every small, population-600 town has a closed-down Masonic lodge made up of cheap brick or cinderblock.

Locally, the Masons and Eastern Star are little more than a social club for the black community.

I do know a couple of Masons/Eastern Star members in their late-20s/early-30s, but both view it as a sort of cultural oddity they participate in to make their grandparents happy.

I have wondered more than once what it is about Orthodox message boards that seem to attract the Masonic conspiracy wingnuts.

It's not just Orthodox message boards, but pretty much any message board where pictures and topics concerning anything may be posted. I've seen the conspiracy wingnuts on video game boards, auto boards, surf boards, and just about any other board you can shake an electron at.  Roll Eyes If they can spot a right angle they can "spot" Masonic influence.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »

Lawl at "lineage".

Every fat, middle-aged white bujinkan master actually traces their lineage back to the original Japanese theater performers who created the legend of black gi'd assassins.

Or, you know, it's bad isshin-ryu karate plus foil weapons.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

It's not just Orthodox message boards, but pretty much any message board where pictures and topics concerning anything may be posted. I've seen the conspiracy wingnuts on video game boards, auto boards, surf boards, and just about any other board you can shake an electron at.  Roll Eyes If they can spot a right angle they can "spot" Masonic influence.

History Channels fuel their fever.
Mivac

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »

History Channels fuel their fever.

History Channel?  When was the last time the History Channel actually had any shows on history.  Oh wait, Ancient Aliens is real history I forgot  Roll Eyes

What we need is a Conspiracy Channel.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:07:03 AM by Mivac » Logged
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »

Of course you run across it all around the Internet, because the Internet is part of the Masonic conspiracy.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

Of course you run across it all around the Internet, because the Internet is part of the Masonic conspiracy.

I forgot that to connect to the internet you must use a computer which is full of right angles (so obviously part of the Masonic conspiracy), and connect to the web via an ethernet cable (and we all know that ether is an unknown magic substance - thereby alluding to the Masons dark pact with Satan), not to mention if you use a Mac the logo is an apple with a bite missing (which symbolizes Adam and Eve in the Garden, and we all know it was Satan who convinced them to eat of the apple) or if you use Windows you are selling your soul to the devil (the eyes are said to be windows to the soul, what better way to steal it than through the computer monitor you stare at all day?). And Linux? Well that was made by a man named Linus Torvalds, obviously a communist, and communism was started by the Masons to overthrow the Capitalist Amercia ('MURIKA!!!) and bring us all under their wings and in league with Lucifer Baphomet who is the god they worship.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Babalon
Resident Occultist

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

I forgot that to connect to the internet you must use a computer which is full of right angles (so obviously part of the Masonic conspiracy), and connect to the web via an ethernet cable (and we all know that ether is an unknown magic substance - thereby alluding to the Masons dark pact with Satan), not to mention if you use a Mac the logo is an apple with a bite missing (which symbolizes Adam and Eve in the Garden, and we all know it was Satan who convinced them to eat of the apple) or if you use Windows you are selling your soul to the devil (the eyes are said to be windows to the soul, what better way to steal it than through the computer monitor you stare at all day?). And Linux? Well that was made by a man named Linus Torvalds, obviously a communist, and communism was started by the Masons to overthrow the Capitalist Amercia ('MURIKA!!!) and bring us all under their wings and in league with Lucifer Baphomet who is the god they worship.

As a Templar Knight, Mason, Magician, Gnostic, Satanist i can say with certain authority that this is 100% true.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:52:44 PM by Babalon » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »

I tried to find the clip in the Newsradio episode in which Jimmy and Joe are standing before the Masonic judge, but I could only find the episode in it's entirety (albeit split into three parts). In any even, the secret word is...

--> tublecane <--

(highlight section above within arrows at your own risk)
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »

I tried to find the clip in the Newsradio episode in which Jimmy and Joe are standing before the Masonic judge, but I could only find the episode in it's entirety (albeit split into three parts). In any even, the secret word is...

LOL!  I can't believe I didn't think of that first.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:18:08 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

LOL!  I can't believe I didn't think of that first.

I noticed that you didn't quote the secret word posted above... This obviously means that you must be a Mason and probably Scottish Rite since you wear a kilt! I have found you out, there is no denying it!  Grin

Check out my blog...
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »

Also, Orthodox Churches read from the Bible, which is a well-known Masonic symbol.

dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

Also, Orthodox Churches read from the Bible, which is a well-known Masonic symbol.

I'm so Orthodox that the Grand Lodge voted me Supreme Poombah just last night!

Check out my blog...
Babalon
Resident Occultist

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »

You're all forgetting the Grand Master in charge of the whole new world hanky-pank:

Agabus
Archon

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »

You're all forgetting the Grand Master in charge of the whole new world hanky-pank:

I was recently able to  pin a local Baptist minister as a mason because he opened a prayer with “Grand Master of the Universe...”

But around here nobody hides their masonic affiliations – they wear big rings, place the metal decals on their cars, I even saw a bumper sticker that said, “Proud to be a Mason and a Christian.”
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:55:22 PM by Agabus » Logged

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »

Hello,

Something which will stop me from considering converting is the wide use of masonic imagery inside the Orthodox churches. I have noticed that the all seeing eye and skull and cross bones is very common. If anyone has any knowledge of Freemasonry or the New World Order then they will know that such symbols are give aways that something is not as it should be.

You may think I am insane but I believe what I believe.

Please may you explain these symbols in the Orthodox Church?

Which existed first, the Orthodox Church or Freemasonry?

This was going to be my response.  The Orthodox Church was around LONG before the Freemasons.  Freemasons use imagery from many places as they do not subscribe to any one religion.  They only state there is a God, no specifics.  Freemasons are not a religious cult anyway. 
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »

Lawl at "lineage".

Every fat, middle-aged white bujinkan master actually traces their lineage back to the original Japanese theater performers who created the legend of black gi'd assassins.

Or, you know, it's bad isshin-ryu karate plus foil weapons.

I refuse to accept as legitimate any school of nin-jutsu which does not preach the importance of announcing the names of one's techniques while executing them.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »

For what it's worth, that is a nice robe.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
HouseOfGod
Passionate Orthodox teenager

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Hello,

Something which will stop me from considering converting is the wide use of masonic imagery inside the Orthodox churches. I have noticed that the all seeing eye and skull and cross bones is very common. If anyone has any knowledge of Freemasonry or the New World Order then they will know that such symbols are give aways that something is not as it should be.

You may think I am insane but I believe what I believe.

Please may you explain these symbols in the Orthodox Church?

Both Free Masonry, the various related political cults, and the Orthodox Church all draw upon the same rich well of inspiration, the Holy Bible.  Free Masonry is entirely saturated with Biblical imagery and symbolism, down to every detail.  Essentially, at its core, this conspiracy is recreation (or perpetuation depending on whose doing the telling) of the Old Testament worship.  Orthodox IS the Old Testament worship in  perpetuity, sanctified by Grace in the New Covenant of Christ's Blood, and so we naturally will see the same imagery and symbolism present.  However, Freemasonry is NOT Orthodox, realistically its a kind of Jeffersonian Deistic Judaism.  Further, in regards to running the world, well, conspiracies are what they are, mythic interpretations of some grains of truth and fact.  There is always truth in myth, but there is always hyperbole as well Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
Fabulous response, what I was looking for Smiley In addition, the history of the masons as a whole is rather shady, and it isn't really clear just what their message always was/is.

Renewal during the first month of the new ecclesiastical calendar! Smiley
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »

As an ex-Freemason I must say this thread was a great read  laugh
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

The devolution of this thread..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »

The eye is not a masonic emblem, and while I'm at it the Great Seal of the USA isn't masonic either. As far as anyone knows, Charles Thomson, who formulated the seal, was not a mason. Masons did eventually start using the eye, but it's pretty clear from the history of this that they borrowed it from the great seal because It's So Cool.

I can see how Ortho-sticklers might object to the iconography of the eye, but at any rate it's rare even in the west. The examples I know of are in central Europe.

Right, the eye predated masonry.  It is still in 500+ year old iconostasi of Churches in Greece and Cyprus, and elsewhere.  It is not ideal perhaps, but still, I agree that masonry adopted it from Christian circles rather than the other way around
Father H
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian--God's One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: UOCofUSA-Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »

Well, at least the Pirates have one fan
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Lawl at "lineage".

What about Stephen K. Hayes? "In 1993, Hayes was awarded the rare judan (tenth degree black belt) in Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu from Hatsumi.[3]

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

The devolution of this thread..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

When I first scrolled down through the thread and just caught a glimpse of this I got excited... really excited... "Dattaswami is back!" I thought. Darn. Reality can be such a bummer.

I'm a fan for the time being.
jewish voice
High Elder

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 06:01:44 PM »

lol yes there not many of us left around after so many years of heartbreak. There all most in first place again will have to wait for after the All Star's break to see if they fall apart like they all ways do
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: