Author Topic: Neutral site  (Read 967 times)

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
Neutral site
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
Heyas. I am reading about Patriarch Kirill on wikipedia and it really shows him in a very negative light. Is there a website thats a bit more neutral? English please :)

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Peter J

• still a CAF poster
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Christian
Re: Neutral site
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 08:17:21 AM »
Je ne sais pas.
- Peter Jericho

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
Heyas. I am reading about Patriarch Kirill on wikipedia and it really shows him in a very negative light. Is there a website thats a bit more neutral? English please :)

PP

That is the neutral site.
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: New Calendarist
  • Jurisdiction: Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
Neutral site about Russian Orthodox patriarch? Impossibru!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:46:39 AM by Alpo »
I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »

I finally got around to reading it.  What would you say isn't neutral about it - the fact that he has no real accomplishments to speak of other than a few trumped up Soviet style awards, praises Lukashenko, sees Putin as a miracle of God and has been mired in controversy the last year or so?  That's about as neutral as you can get - search around and you can find much worse.  Third Rome FTW! 

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
I finally got around to reading it.  What would you say isn't neutral about it - the fact that he has no real accomplishments to speak of other than a few trumped up Soviet style awards, praises Lukashenko, sees Putin as a miracle of God and has been mired in controversy the last year or so?  That's about as neutral as you can get - search around and you can find much worse.  Third Rome FTW!

and

hat is the neutral site.

Wow. Thats...ummm, not very inspiring.....

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
I finally got around to reading it.  What would you say isn't neutral about it - the fact that he has no real accomplishments to speak of other than a few trumped up Soviet style awards, praises Lukashenko, sees Putin as a miracle of God and has been mired in controversy the last year or so?  That's about as neutral as you can get - search around and you can find much worse.  Third Rome FTW!

and

hat is the neutral site.

Wow. Thats...ummm, not very inspiring.....

PP

Don't worry; within 30 years, there is a 98% chance that His Holiness will have died and Met. Hilarion will have replaced him, to the delight of the whole Orthodox world.

EDIT: And there's probably a 50% chance it will happen at the close of 10 years, judging by the Patriarch's age.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:52:01 AM by JamesRottnek »
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
t worry; within 30 years, there is a 98% chance that His Holiness will have died and Met. Hilarion will have replaced him, to the delight of the whole Orthodox world
Well, I dont want him to die, but repent, as we all should do. That being said, I've read some of Met. hilarion's stuff and he seems pretty darn great.

And there's probably a 50% chance it will happen at the close of 10 years, judging by the Patriarch's age
He is pretty old, but met. Hilarion isnt any spring chicken.

PP
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:13:53 AM by primuspilus »
Gregory the Great