OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Baptism Got Delayed Again :(  (Read 379 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: May 25, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »

I was supposed to get Baptised on June 2nd but now it got delayed to June 23rd because I missed two Liturgies in a row and thus my Priest never got a chance to prepare me and go over everything. This is kind of embarassing...If I remember correctly, the reason I was not Baptised on Holy Saturday either was because of missing Church. Well I couldn't help it these last two weeks; my parents made me miss it so I could babysit for their behinds in the morning. I already told them my Baptism is on June 2nd, now I'm worried how they are going to react when I tell them it's been pushed to June 23rd, they're going to end up asking me why and I am going to need to tell them the truth, that because I missed two weeks. They're probably going to take offense to this because they're the reason I missed, either say that I'm being rude to them or develop some type of grudge against my Priest.

Advice please?

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »

Why don't you just tell them that your priest would like you to attend church regularly during the time leading up to your baptism, in order to ensure you're properly prepared. Instead of insisting that you disobey your parents and attend, he decided to postpone the baptism to a time more convenient for you and them.

No one need be offended.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

I was supposed to get Baptised on June 2nd but now it got delayed to June 23rd because I missed two Liturgies in a row and thus my Priest never got a chance to prepare me and go over everything. This is kind of embarassing...If I remember correctly, the reason I was not Baptised on Holy Saturday either was because of missing Church. Well I couldn't help it these last two weeks; my parents made me miss it so I could babysit for their behinds in the morning. I already told them my Baptism is on June 2nd, now I'm worried how they are going to react when I tell them it's been pushed to June 23rd, they're going to end up asking me why and I am going to need to tell them the truth, that because I missed two weeks. They're probably going to take offense to this because they're the reason I missed, either say that I'm being rude to them or develop some type of grudge against my Priest.

Advice please?

Just be patient and at peace. You will be baptized eventually, and after that the really hard work begins. So now you have a bit of respite to collect yourself and steel your resolve.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shiranui117
Formerly known as "Wandering Sheep"

Faith: Orthodox (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: ACROD/OCA

PUDDI PUDDI!

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »

Take the extra time to study, learn, pray, and give glory to God that you have this extra time to be fully prepared and certain about your entrance into Holy Orthodoxy.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »

my parents made me miss it so I could babysit for their behinds in the morning

Hmmm

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print