OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 08:29:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old calendar juristictions  (Read 398 times) Average Rating: 0
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« on: May 24, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »

Everytime I look at the old calendarists, I get so confused, because I can't figure out who is in communion with who. To be honest, I'm not even sure how many old calendar groups there are, so I would be very happy if someone could post a list over the different old calendar juristictions and  the different groups who are in communion with each other.

Also, I would appreciate if we could keep this on an informative level, thank you.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:26:47 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »

Also, I would appreciate if we could keep this on an informative level, thank you.  Smiley

If we can keep this on that level, this thread should be pinned.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:36:04 PM by Alpo » Logged

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:18 PM »

It would definitely be nice if we could have the Old Calendarist groups return to us. I mean, we always talk about reunion with our Oriental brothers, so if that is possible, then I definitely think a reunion with the Old Calendarists is possible.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »

Here is a link to a map of True Orthodox jurisdictions in the USA

http://trueorthodoxdirectory.blogspot.com/

There are lots of links at E Cafe, but I do not know if we can post a link to that site.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »

There are lots of links at E Cafe, but I do not know if we can post a link to that site.

That'd be funny if someone got in trouble for that, considering that the same guy runs both forums.  Grin   

(I think as long as it's productive and not just trying to steer people away from here, it's allowed)

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »

Also, I would appreciate if we could keep this on an informative level, thank you.  Smiley

It would definitely be nice if we could have the Old Calendarist groups return to us. I mean, we always talk about reunion with our Oriental brothers, so if that is possible, then I definitely think a reunion with the Old Calendarists is possible.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »

Thank you.
Are all those juristictions in communion with each other?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
searn77

Faith: Orthodox Old Calendarist
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of the Americas & the British Isles

St. Philaret (Voznesensky) of New York

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 11:12:20 PM »

Thank you.
Are all those juristictions in communion with each other?

Those are just the TOC synods that have a presence in America. In America, the only synods that are in communion with each other are the Synod in Resistance under Met. Cyprian of Fili and ROCOR under Met. Agafangel of Odessa. There are other synods who are not listed on that site as they don't have a presence in America. For example, the synod I am a member of is in communion with a Russian Catacomb synod, a Greek synod, and a Bulgarian synod, as you can see here if you look on the left portion of the website:
http://www.hermitage-journal.org/

I know that HOCNA has officially stated (although I can't find it at the moment) that they'll allow laymen of other TOC synods not in communion with HOCNA to partake of the Sacraments in HOCNA as long as HOCNA recognizes their bishop as being a TOC bishop, and as long as the laymen's bishop recognizes HOCNAs Met. Ephraim as being a TOC bishop. While I do not have much experience with synods other than my own, from what I have read, I would imagine that there are other synods who would follow this HOCNA example, just as their are synods that are more safeguarding of the Sacraments and will only allow people who are in communion with them to partake in their Sacraments.

Let us the faithful now come together to praise our father, protector and teacher the pillar of the Orthodox faith and firm defender of piety even the wondrous hierarch Philaret and let us glorify our Saviour Who has granted us his incorrupt relics as a manifest sign of his sanctity.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: