Author Topic: OS question  (Read 729 times)

Offline Shlomlokh

• 主哀れめよ!
  • OC.net guru
OS question
« on: May 24, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
Christ is ascended!

I am working on building a PC and I purchased Windows 7 home professional 64-bit OEM. I have been reading some things about it that make me regret buying it, such as having to repurchase the OS if any of the hardware goes bad. Is this true? Would I be better off with another version? I haven't installed the OS yet (I haven't even broken the seal on the disc case), so returning it shouldn't be a problem if I have to. Looking forward to your help! :)

In Christ,
Andrew
"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Re: OS question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »
Christ is ascended!

I am working on building a PC and I purchased Windows 7 home professional 64-bit OEM. I have been reading some things about it that make me regret buying it, such as having to repurchase the OS if any of the hardware goes bad. Is this true? Would I be better off with another version? I haven't installed the OS yet (I haven't even broken the seal on the disc case), so returning it shouldn't be a problem if I have to. Looking forward to your help! :)

In Christ,
Andrew

You may have to re-activate the Windows 7 license; however, having to repurchase the license is not necessary.

Offline tofayel

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
I am using windows 7 and it is fine to me.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
 :D