OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 09:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Pride in Belgrade  (Read 6177 times) Average Rating: 5
Immanuel

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral

« on: May 22, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »

The organizing committee of Belgrade Pride 2012 has announced that this year's gay parade would be held on October 6.
But they said the "march" would be one event in an eight-day festival.
"This year, the concept has been changed, so the 'famous march' will be held on October 6, while we will make a festival that will last eight days. We will occupy the city for eight days, because this city belongs to us," said committee member Boban Stojanović.
He also specified that the festival would last from September 30 until October 7.
Stojanović told reporters that the parade would be held under the slogan "love, faith, hope".
The authorities canceled last year's gay parade citing security concerns.
http://www.b92.net/eng/news/society-article.php?yyyy=2012&mm=05&dd=22&nav_id=80384

What a provocation !  Angry
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:06:47 PM by Immanuel » Logged
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »

We'll live.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »

The organizing committee of Belgrade Pride 2012 has announced that this year's gay parade would be held on October 6.
"This year, the concept has been changed, so the 'famous march' will be held on October 6, while we will make a festival that will last eight days. We will occupy the city for eight days, because this city belongs to us," said committee member Boban Stojanović.
He also specified that the festival would last from September 30 until October 7.
Stojanović told reporters that the parade would be held under the slogan "love, faith, hope".
http://www.b92.net/eng/news/society-article.php?yyyy=2012&mm=05&dd=22&nav_id=80384

The Left came and claimed that this city [Chicago] belonged to them.  Didn't quite work out that way.

I trust the Serbs will do the right thing.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »

The Left came and claimed that this city [Chicago] belonged to them.  Didn't quite work out that way.

You mean those people, as citizens of Serbia, should not have the right to organize a march in their own country?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 05:10:32 AM »

What a provocation !  Angry

I don't see any.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 05:27:53 AM »

What a provocation !  Angry

I don't see any.

Neither do I.  It isn't like they've stormed the cathedrals and begun to engage in relations during a liturgy; that would be provocation.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Immanuel

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 06:33:34 AM »

This is an attack on Orthodox people. You see no problem in occupation of city by these sodomites?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:33:49 AM by Immanuel » Logged
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »

Me neither. It's rather nice to see that Serbia is tolerant enough that these people feel safe enough to express their sexual orientation without fear of violence etc.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:37:24 AM by Alpo » Logged
Immanuel

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:37 AM »

Me neither. It's rather nice to see that Serbia is tolerant enough that these people feel safe enough to express their sexual orientation without fear of violence etc.
It's sad to see that Serbia tolerates public immorality.
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 06:47:19 AM »

So lying, gossiping and judging ones neighbour should be outlawed?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:49:00 AM by Alpo » Logged
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »

This is an attack on Orthodox people.

How are you being attacked?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Immanuel

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13:12 AM »

Emotionally, spiritually and psychologically.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »

This is an attack on Orthodox people. You see no problem in occupation of city by these sodomites?

I had no idea these homosexuals were raping the heterosexual population of Belgrade!  I demand the Serbian police stop them at once!

Seriously, these "sodomites" (I've never quite understood why people focus on the "men want sex with men" part of the story, when the really interesting thing is the "entire town wants to rape two visitors" part of the story) are not attacking Orthodox people.  They are not occupying a city; they reside in the city.  This is no more an attack on Orthodoxy than the existence of other religions.  

If your faith is so incredibly weak that homosexuals protesting makes you feel attacked, I encourage you to pray more; the presence of sinners really should not lead us to fall into sin, which is the only possible way I can understand this idea that the gays are attacking Orthodoxy.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 07:15:43 AM »

Really?  Are the gays verbally assaulting you?  Are they taunting you?  Are they making obscene gestures toward you?  Such things are normally not permissible in public, so I encourage you to go see your nearest law enforcement official, or sue the gays for harassment.

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »

Have you considered coming out of the closet if you find homosexuality so fascinating?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 07:25:19 AM »

I had no idea these homosexuals were raping the heterosexual population of Belgrade!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Immanuel

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »

Seriously, these "sodomites" (I've never quite understood why people focus on the "men want sex with men" part of the story, when the really interesting thing is the "entire town wants to rape two visitors" part of the story) are not attacking Orthodox people.  They are not occupying a city; they reside in the city.  This is no more an attack on Orthodoxy than the existence of other religions.  
Reside in the city? So, why do they need promotion in public?

If your faith is so incredibly weak that homosexuals protesting makes you feel attacked, I encourage you to pray more; the presence of sinners really should not lead us to fall into sin, which is the only possible way I can understand this idea that the gays are attacking Orthodoxy.
I didn't say that my faith was incredibly weak. Serbs don't need to promote immorality in public. I do not want my town to be Sodom.

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »

Please enlighten us on what exactly entails "expressing" one's "sexual orientation".
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

Buddy, if that is all it takes, you might want to consider getting some thicker skin.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »

Ah, another day of fun on the nominally Orthodox forum - the true vision of American Orthodoxy.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »

I expect the response in San Francisco, where I just was yesterday, would be (shoulders shrugging) "What's a little outdoor anal sex between friends?"  Wink

However, I'd be shocked if sodomite Serbs* would try such displays in Belgrade. Not until that city is as "liberated" as SF.

* Sorry, the alliterative possibilities were irresistible. What did Oscar Wilde say about temptation again?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »

Perhaps the best post I've seen on a homosexuality thread--and there's been a lot of them!

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »

Really?  Are the gays verbally assaulting you?  Are they taunting you?  Are they making obscene gestures toward you?  Such things are normally not permissible in public

such things happen in boys town in Chicago a lot.

so I encourage you to go see your nearest law enforcement official, or sue the gays for harassment.
Yeah, that would get far in Crook County, SF or NYC.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

I had no idea these homosexuals were raping the heterosexual population of Belgrade!  I demand the Serbian police stop them at once!

Yes, well the massive law suit going on between the Vatican and the US government reminds us that any Church minding its own business is not safe from the Left's agenda.  Loving the sinner isn't enough: you have to embrace and celebrate their sin. And yes, that is exactly what the agenda is pushing, which a cursory perusal of what they are insisting be taught in school amply demonstrates.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

It's called libel if it is written, defamation if it is not.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:11:27 PM by ialmisry » Logged

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 05:13:02 PM »

You mean those people, as citizens of Serbia, should not have the right to organize a march in their own country?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:17 PM »

Really? I thought we called that TMZ and US Weekly?  Huh

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

Please enlighten us on what exactly entails "expressing" one's "sexual orientation".

It means imposing your sexual disorders on others no matter how much it offends them.  Rub it in their face... Roll Eyes
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 06:11:57 PM »

It means imposing your sexual disorders on others no matter how much it offends them.  Rub it in their face... Roll Eyes

It did tire and disgust me to see the sorta choice many straight women make.

Then I removed my mirror.

Much better now.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »

Yes, well the massive law suit going on between the Vatican and the US government

Where is the Vatican suing the US government? In the UN? The WTO?
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

Really? I thought we called that TMZ and US Weekly?  Huh
Could be.  I ignore both.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »

Yes, well the massive law suit going on between the Vatican and the US government

People can't let that whole figure of speech go no matter the context.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 06:16:50 PM »

Federal District Court.

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:28 PM »

In other news...

San Francisco official claims he contacted Harvey Milk through a Ouija board

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A San Francisco supervisor says he consulted a Ouija board before city leaders voted on whether to recommend naming a Navy ship after slain gay rights activist Harvey Milk.

Supervisor John Avalos tells the San Francisco Chronicle that he believes he made contact with Milk's spirit and that Milk spelled out letters indicating: "Good riddance to don't ask, don't tell."

The Board of Supervisors approved the non-binding resolution Tuesday on a 9-2 vote.
Milk was a city supervisor and former naval officer. He was fatally shot in 1978 by Dan White.

Supporters say the naming would honor the repeal of the 'don't ask, don't tell" law barring open homosexuality in the military.

Opponents say Milk opposed war and it would be inappropriate to name a warship after him.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_20690993/san-francisco-official-claims-he-contacted-harvey-milk?source

---

Who wants to bet they are going to put his name on a cruiser?  Wink

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:20 PM »

In other news...

San Francisco official claims he contacted Harvey Milk through a Ouija board

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A San Francisco supervisor says he consulted a Ouija board before city leaders voted on whether to recommend naming a Navy ship after slain gay rights activist Harvey Milk.

Supervisor John Avalos tells the San Francisco Chronicle that he believes he made contact with Milk's spirit and that Milk spelled out letters indicating: "Good riddance to don't ask, don't tell."

The Board of Supervisors approved the non-binding resolution Tuesday on a 9-2 vote.
Milk was a city supervisor and former naval officer. He was fatally shot in 1978 by Dan White.

Supporters say the naming would honor the repeal of the 'don't ask, don't tell" law barring open homosexuality in the military.

Opponents say Milk opposed war and it would be inappropriate to name a warship after him.

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_20690993/san-francisco-official-claims-he-contacted-harvey-milk?source

---

Who wants to bet they are going to put his name on a cruiser?  Wink

How about a submarine.  Up periscope!

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16:10 PM »

If people are rubbing their genetalia in your face, I encourage you to contact the police.

augustin717
Taxiarches

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »

These sort of people feel persecuted once they can no longer tell others what to do, (micro)manage their lives etc. 
augustin717
Taxiarches

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 11:25:07 PM »

I expect the response in San Francisco, where I just was yesterday, would be (shoulders shrugging) "What's a little outdoor anal sex between friends?"  Wink

However, I'd be shocked if sodomite Serbs* would try such displays in Belgrade. Not until that city is as "liberated" as SF.

* Sorry, the alliterative possibilities were irresistible. What did Oscar Wilde say about temptation again?
You have a fixation on anal stuff. So, what's that seminary again?
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 02:09:04 AM »

I expect the response in San Francisco, where I just was yesterday, would be (shoulders shrugging) "What's a little outdoor anal sex between friends?"  Wink

You have a fixation on anal stuff. So, what's that seminary again?

Well, since as an armchair psychoanalyst you are seemingly dying to know, I gave up my anal fixation around the time I was potty trained. How about you?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:09:35 AM by lubeltri » Logged
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 02:44:26 AM »

Openly admitting homosexuality and being proud of it. While I have Christian view of homosexuality and while I find being proud of ones sexual orientation a little weird I don't think state should enforce Christian views on others nor should state enforce non-Christian views on the Church. Freedom is a nice thing to have.

That's pretty narrow view of those sins.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:48:23 AM by Alpo » Logged
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:49 AM »

People are traveling to your city fo rthe express purpose of being cruel to the widows and orphans in your midst? How odd.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:47:10 AM by Tallitot » Logged

Proverbs 22:7
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:25 AM »

Everyday in summer looks like a heterosexual pride parade in Ukraine.  I doubt many of the posters complaining of their oppression by gays would be offended. 

I'm not a prude, but context does matter.  If you are going to the beach, wear clothes appropriate to the beach.  You don't need to wear a miniskirt with high heels to attend my classes.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 05:44:00 AM »

Everyday in summer looks like a heterosexual pride parade in Ukraine.  I doubt many of the posters complaining of their oppression by gays would be offended. 

I'm not a prude, but context does matter.  If you are going to the beach, wear clothes appropriate to the beach.  You don't need to wear a miniskirt with high heels to attend my classes.

It really is a shame how modesty has all but disappeared outside Amish communities.

Antonis
Prodigal
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »

Serbia must not stand by and let her cities turn into Sodom and Gomorrah. Too often is the cross trampled on in the name of "love" and "tolerance." If we truly loved them, we would seek their salvation, and not permit such things. Standing idly by while people promote sin is hate to the core.

Awed by the beauty of your virginity
and the exceeding radiance of your purity,
Gabriel stood amazed, and cried to you, O Mother of God:
"What praise may I offer you
that is worthy of your beauty?"
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »

So if they don't get to have a parade, this will make them not be gay or something? Do you just want to pretend they are not there?

What exactly do you suggest one should *do* with them? And what are you going to do about your own sins? I can't remember anywhere in the Bible where it says all you have to do to get to Heaven is be a heterosexual.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: