OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 07:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for Personal Discipline  (Read 451 times) Average Rating: 0
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

« on: May 22, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »

I guess I just need some prayer for better personal discipline in all areas. I don't have the slightest desire to begin to say "no" to anything that I enjoy, or to force myself to do anything that I don't have to by necessity. This extends to all areas it seems, from dietary decisions to acquisitiveness, actually being disciplined about my prayer life, etc. It's really all just depressing and I feel kind of trapped. I have a lot of great things in my life, but I'm also just crowded with too much junk. Internet included!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »

Make room.  I'm in the same boat as you.

Lord, have mercy and help you to see clearly what truly is needed, the fortitude to do what is needed, and the peace of mind to realize you can't do it all, and don't "need" it all.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »

Join the club. Lord, have mercy.

marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »

You have my prayers and empathy.  My lack of discipline is embarassing in the extreme.  But at least you are aware of your sinfulness and sad state.  God is attracted by humility and will help you.

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 12:41:58 AM »

I could use all the help I can get in that regard as well, Lord have mercy! Most Holy Theotokos intercede for us!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
davdfoge

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 04:23:05 AM »

The Prayer is very powerful, but talking about the purpose, we should request God to give us the power and strength to choose the right. All of us are aware of good and bad, right and wrong, all we need is the desire and will to go for the Right...

Beware of the fake weed products, read more.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: