Litigation shuts down site critical of Vassula

<< < (2/3) > >>

Salpy:
This is all reminding me of how Scientology sues its critics in order to destroy them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_the_legal_system

According to a U.S. District Court Memorandum of Decision in 1993, Scientologists "have abused the federal court system by using it, inter alia, to destroy their opponents, rather than to resolve an actual dispute over trademark law or any other legal matter. This constitutes 'extraordinary, malicious, wanton, and oppressive conduct.' ... It is abundantly clear that plaintiffs sought to harass the individual defendants and destroy the church defendants through massive over-litigation and other highly questionable litigation tactics. The Special Master has never seen a more glaring example of bad faith litigation than this."[5] Rulings such as this have classified the Church of Scientology as a chronically vexatious litigant.

It is beyond me how someone can engage in this sort of activity and then claim they are acting on behalf of Christ.

stanley123:
Quote from: Salpy on May 19, 2012, 01:47:45 PM

It is beyond me how someone can engage in this sort of activity and then claim they are acting on behalf of Christ.

Yes, it seems like  Christians should be able to resolve their differences in a spirit of goodwill and charity by calmly and respectfully talking to one another and reaching some sort of compromise agreement. It seems wrong for Christians to publicly fight one another by filing frivolous lawsuits at the slightest perceived injury.But frivolous lawsuits are being filed all the time.

Salpy:
Quote from: stanley123 on May 19, 2012, 05:07:49 PM

Yes, it seems like  Christians should be able to resolve their differences in a spirit of goodwill and charity by calmly and respectfully talking to one another and reaching some sort of compromise agreement. It seems wrong for Christians to publicly fight one another by filing frivolous lawsuits at the slightest perceived injury.But frivolous lawsuits are being filed all the time.

Very true, as we can read in 1 Corinthians, chapter 6.

Νεκτάριος:

I agree with you about the MP...oh wait, never mind. 

Salpy:
The website is down now.

It is a pity that something like this could happen. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page