OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 09:24:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My parents  (Read 341 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: May 19, 2012, 02:05:48 AM »

I mentioned a few months ago that the relationship with my parents is very tense lately. Well, things are even worse now. The decided to become very nasty starting the week our new baby was hospitalized and on a ventilator due to respiratory failure from RSV. They started posting things very unkind things publicly on our facebook page and sending accusatory emails. I replied once and directed them to contact my husband if they want to start the process of reconciliation. Now my mother is pushing my brothers hard to become go-betweens in this situation. That makes this situation very difficult for my brothers to say the least! If anyone could pray for this situation I would appreciate it. This isn't going to be a very easy situation to resolve. I don't have unrealistic expectations. I know that my parents will never quit thinking ill of me. I know that they basically think I am an awful daughter and an even worse mother. I just want them to treat me kindly, and demand that they treat my children kindly. They wouldn't treat the grandchildren of my step-siblings the way they treat my children. They know that if they did, my step siblings would cut off all contact and never speak to them again. For some reason my mother believes that she should be able to treat me any way she wants and I have to put up with it because she gave birth to me. To a large extent I don't care too much about how she treats me outside of how that effects my children when they see/hear it. I do care deeply that their behavior has devolved into treated my children badly. I can't tolerate that.

Further, if you could pray for me tomorrow. My godmother, my eldest daughter's godmother and Taz's godmother are throwing me a be-lated baby shower for Taz. Because of various factors of my upbringing I am extremely uncomfortable with this type of thing. It is very, very difficult for me to be in a situation where I am the recipient of gifts and kindness. I managed to get the shower to be co-ed and all ages. So I can get the kids and my husband to take some of the focus off of me. But this sort of situation makes me feel very panicky. I always feel like I couldn't deserve this sort of thing and assume everyone thinks I am just selfish for getting that sort of attention. The fact that showers for 5th children are socially frown upon just makes me feel worse. The godmothers were quite insistent that I be given a shower, so I didn't have much say Roll Eyes

Sorry for the long post. I don't post a lot, but I do keep track of how people are doing. Thank you.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

I'm going to need this.
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:29:12 AM »

Sorry your situation has gotten worse.   Do they call it cyberbullying when its a family member harassing you via the FB??

I hope you can enjoy your baby shower.  I'm not one to want a lot of attention and such either so I understand a little of how that must feel for you.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:27 PM »

Lord have mercy.
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »

Lord, according to your desire and your wisdom, have mercy!

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

The shower was nice. There weren't a ton of people, which was also nice. My husband ducked out on me. But the kids opened almost all the presents for me and for that I am thankful. Thank you for your prayers.
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 09:34:09 PM »

The shower was nice. There weren't a ton of people, which was also nice. My husband ducked out on me. But the kids opened almost all the presents for me and for that I am thankful. Thank you for your prayers.

I'm glad.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »

Lord have mercy!  O Most Holy Theotokos, with your swift intercession and help, come to the aide of those in need of the peace of your beloved Son and let the malice of the forces of Mastemah, be destroyed. Amen!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 02:17:16 AM »

Lord have mercy on Quinault and her family as the deal with this unpleasent situation.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Quinault and all her family!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: