OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 10:47:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro - RC considering conversion  (Read 5265 times) Average Rating: 0
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:01 PM »

Everything I've read has said that as soon as you're a catechumen, you receive an Orthodox funeral and burial.

I hope you didn't mean that they kill you?  Wink Cheesy

Grin
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:21:12 PM by Peter J » Logged

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »

Everything I've read has said that as soon as you're a catechumen, you receive an Orthodox funeral and burial.

I hope you didn't mean that they kill you?  Wink Cheesy

Grin

Oh but I did.  angel

By the way, I have my first class with the priest this Wednesday. I'm very excited about it.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
Tommelomsky
Elder

Faith: Russian-Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »

Kelly: can i ask, how long have you been inquiring? And best of luck at this coming wednesday.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:17:12 PM by Tommelomsky » Logged

The meaning of life is to acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

+ Glory be to God for all things! +
kelly
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

Kelly: can i ask, how long have you been inquiring? And best of luck at this coming wednesday.

Officially inquiring? It is an inquirer's class that I'm attending next week.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »

Oh but I did.  angel

In that case, I'm just glad you went up to heaven.

gonefishing
Banned

Faith: None

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 01:16:42 AM »

By the way, I have my first class with the priest this Wednesday. I'm very excited about it.

Can I ask how long you were attending church before you they made you a catechumen?  Did you start asking or were you approached after attending liturgy over a certain period of time?
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »

Can I ask how long you were attending church before you they made you a catechumen?  Did you start asking or were you approached after attending liturgy over a certain period of time?

I actually haven't joined the catechumenate. I'm just taking the inquirer's classes.

Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »

Ahh, i see. I guess my path will different as i am told to make a prayerlife, learn the komboskini, read and learn, attend all night vigils and divine liturgy. As our parish do not have these kind of classes, if..God willing it, in time..i will be the priest`s pupil.

Well, we will see in time what happens. One month has passed and it feels great, learning new things each week. So one step at a time. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:08:56 AM by Tommelomsky » Logged

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Margarita
One

Faith: The Way
Jurisdiction: Texan

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »

Tommelomsky- That is exactly what I'm doing!  Developed a prayer rule, DL, vespers&vigils, chotki&fasting.  Taking steps are but the motion of walking, so to walk one must take steps Wink  Steps, great&small, have purpose.

We have catechumen classes, but they start in September.  So far, I think 5-6 people have been titled as catechumens.  I remain an inquirer, but I have exchanged a number of messages with Fr. D.

Kelly- May the Lord God guide&bless your journey  Smiley
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »

My process was much less structured, but this may be due to the size of our parish and the distance from the church to the priest’s residence.  I was given assignments, but once complete, all I had to do was wait and go to Liturgy.
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »

The one thing i wonder is: when in your process is it recommeneded to begin fasting? People keep telling me that i should forget that now and just focus on learning and reading. Are they right?

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:40 PM »

The one thing i wonder is: when in your process is it recommeneded to begin fasting? People keep telling me that i should forget that now and just focus on learning and reading. Are they right?
I was told the same thing.  Don't get caught up in the fasting, instead focus in prayer.
Margarita
One

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

I understand why many say to forget about fasting at this early stage, but it is incomprehensible for me not to fast.  I am far from new to fasting, both as once a practicing RC&Muslim.  Fasting remains an integral part of my worship, and so I must carry on. Albeit, with noticable modifications.

If you want to give it a spin.  Next week, fast as if you were going to receive Communion.  This IMHO is a great first easy introduction for one new fasting, or wanting to test the Orthodox fasting waters.  Not quite 24hrs, heavily immersed in worship while in the thick of fasting&there is a sweet reward to break the fast, antidoron.  Give Wednesday or Friday a try if you want to go a step up.  Both are 24hrs in length, short&sweet worship during vespers, and you break the fast outside of church.  Just my 2cents of tasting the fasting waters...

As always, a great question for your priest Wink
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »

A thing i have been wondering about is this: during such a process as some of you probably has been through or will go through, how did you sort it out regarding confession of sins? By a regular prayerlife? As i can imagine your RC priest that was your confession father before do not see it as a point as you probably attempt not to be RC no more.

How did you handle this situation?

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »

A thing i have been wondering about is this: during such a process as some of you probably has been through or will go through, how did you sort it out regarding confession of sins? By a regular prayerlife? As i can imagine your RC priest that was your confession father before do not see it as a point as you probably attempt not to be RC no more.

How did you handle this situation?

Talk to your priest about fasting and confession. Orthodoxy is, in many ways, very individualized. Your priest or spiritual father will help you in understanding and developing a prayer rule and other practices. Think of him as a doctor who helps you to develop a treatment plan that works.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »

This is the thing that makes it difficult. I am very new to the russian-orthodox church and the parish i do attend now. What i have been adviced to is just read, attending services and have a regular prayerlife. I have not met the priest yet and is very uncertain what to do. The only thing i know is that orthodox faith does something good to me, but still i am a sinner and the only option i have (as i have not let yet left the RCC is to confess there, but how wise is that?).

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »

In the Orthodox parish I attend, Confession is by appointment as far as I know. I grew up in the RCC and I was used to seeing the Confession time listed on the sign in front of the church. ("Mass time 9:00, 11:00, Confession Saturday..."- that kind of thing.) It surprised me when I didn't see that at the Orthodox church!  Smiley

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »

In the Orthodox parish I attend, Confession is by appointment as far as I know. I grew up in the RCC and I was used to seeing the Confession time listed on the sign in front of the church. ("Mass time 9:00, 11:00, Confession Saturday..."- that kind of thing.) It surprised me when I didn't see that at the Orthodox church!  Smiley

Seems like a lot of parishes offer confession after Vespers on Saturday night and before Divine Liturgy on Sunday.

Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »

Yes, but what good would confession do when you have status as an inquirer. It is not valid right?

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:50 AM »

In the Orthodox parish I attend, Confession is by appointment as far as I know.

In churches of Russian/Slavic tradition which serve vigils (vespers and matins) on Saturday nights and on the eves of feasts, priests hear confessions during certain stages of the service when they are "free", such as during the matins canon(s). No appointment necessary.  Smiley
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »

Yes, but what good would confession do when you have status as an inquirer. It is not valid right?

You say you haven't yet spoken to the priest. Find the chance to speak to him, and he will guide you in what you need to do in whatever matter you need help with.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

Seems like a lot of parishes offer confession after Vespers on Saturday night and before Divine Liturgy on Sunday.

My parish doesn't have Vespers most weeks. I wish we did.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

You say you haven't yet spoken to the priest. Find the chance to speak to him, and he will guide you in what you need to do in whatever matter you need help with.

Correct, being at the parish for just a small month of time. He knows about me, as my contact person has told him about me. But from my understanding i am not expected to speak to him before it will be time to concider conversion. But at the other side, it is might a good idea to get a good advice. I more scared and embarassed than anything else.

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2012, 12:51:54 PM »

Correct, being at the parish for just a small month of time. He knows about me, as my contact person has told him about me. But from my understanding i am not expected to speak to him before it will be time to concider conversion. But at the other side, it is might a good idea to get a good advice. I more scared and embarassed than anything else.

Don't be too worried. It'll work out in time.  angel

spcasuncoast.org
elephant
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »

Dear Tommelomsky,

It is a good thing that you wish to unburden your soul by confessing sins. 

Why wouldn't you speak to the priest regardless of your intentions about entering the Church?  Did someone tell you not to talk to the priest?  Why not call up the Church and make an appointment to talk to him?  You could tell him that you are scared and embarassed.  I'm sure he's heard the same thing many times.

Sometimes I feel afraid of my priest, whom I trust with the welfare of my soul.  I think this is just another temptation to ignore.

Love, elephant
Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

Dear Tommelomsky,

Why wouldn't you speak to the priest regardless of your intentions about entering the Church?  Did someone tell you not to talk to the priest?  Why not call up the Church and make an appointment to talk to him?  You could tell him that you are scared and embarassed.  I'm sure he's heard the same thing many times.

Sometimes I feel afraid of my priest, whom I trust with the welfare of my soul.  I think this is just another temptation to ignore.

Love, elephant

What i am afraid of is this: that i tell him about the thing (mortal sin) and make a so bad first impression that the doors closes on me before they really have been opened, if you see what i mean? Writing this makes me feel like Doink the clown. But it is from my heart. Last sunday at divine liturgy, i realized what a nice little family this is. Thinking to myself that one day it would be so awesome to be a part of it.

But, one step at a time. In the meantime, all i can do and have done, is to pray (psalms 37,38, 50,51,62,63,103, 140, 141, 142, 143 to mention some from my dayily prayerrule and offer it up to God). It would have been so nice to seek advice, but im afraid to appear like a complete joke.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:41:08 PM by Tommelomsky » Logged

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »

The Church is a Hospital for sinners. If there is one person you can tell your sins to, it should be the priest.

I'm going to need this.
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:20 AM »

Hello! I am finally coming out of perpetual lurkdom to introduce myself. I've been enjoying reading this forum for a while and have learned a lot because of you all.

My name is Kelly and I was raised a nominal Lutheran. We went to church sporadically but I wouldn't consider my family to be religious in a sense. From about the age of 11 and onwards, I became increasingly interested in the Catholic church. I think it started because I was so into stories about saints. When I was 20, I entered RCIA and became Catholic officially at the March vigil in 2008.

Now, at 25, the more the read the more I wonder if I made a mistake. I feel like my personal spirituality is more attuned to Orthodoxy. I'm going through a really hard time with discerning what in the world I'm supposed to do. I feel like God is pulling me towards Orthodoxy but I just don't know.

I have the support of my family and my closest Catholic friend so that is good. I would love to make some Orthodox friends here.

Any prayers would definitely be appreciated.

Welcome, you have my prayers, and I hope everything pans out for you. I recommend reading some of the early saints writings (if you haven't) and Fr. John Romanides, they are very helpful.

I come from a family of all Lutherans, Catholics, and atheists, so I know what it is like to be without much support there. I only had one Orthodox friend when I converted.

Forgive my sins.
elephant
High Elder

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2012, 07:37:41 AM »

Dear Tommelomsky,

When we are ashamed and confess our errors the door of repentance opens. 

Lord Have Mercy, Lord Have Mercy, Lord Have Mercy
Most Holy Theotokos Save Us!
Holy Baptizer of Christ Intercede For Us.

Love, elephant
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »

Dear Tommelomsky,

Why wouldn't you speak to the priest regardless of your intentions about entering the Church?  Did someone tell you not to talk to the priest?  Why not call up the Church and make an appointment to talk to him?  You could tell him that you are scared and embarassed.  I'm sure he's heard the same thing many times.

Sometimes I feel afraid of my priest, whom I trust with the welfare of my soul.  I think this is just another temptation to ignore.

Love, elephant

What i am afraid of is this: that i tell him about the thing (mortal sin) and make a so bad first impression that the doors closes on me before they really have been opened, if you see what i mean? Writing this makes me feel like Doink the clown. But it is from my heart. Last sunday at divine liturgy, i realized what a nice little family this is. Thinking to myself that one day it would be so awesome to be a part of it.

But, one step at a time. In the meantime, all i can do and have done, is to pray (psalms 37,38, 50,51,62,63,103, 140, 141, 142, 143 to mention some from my dayily prayerrule and offer it up to God). It would have been so nice to seek advice, but im afraid to appear like a complete joke.

Trust me, there's probably not much you could say that he hasn't already heard before. None of us are worthy.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »

First class with the priest went really well. He gave me a couple books to read and helped me get started on a simple daily prayer rule.

By the way, katherineofdixie, I always smile when I see your username and avatar because St. Catherine has been my favorite saint since middle school.  Smiley I took her name when I was confirmed in the Catholic church and I'll take it again when I'm chrismated.

katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »

First class with the priest went really well. He gave me a couple books to read and helped me get started on a simple daily prayer rule.

By the way, katherineofdixie, I always smile when I see your username and avatar because St. Catherine has been my favorite saint since middle school.  Smiley I took her name when I was confirmed in the Catholic church and I'll take it again when I'm chrismated.

St. Catherine rocks! Grin

St. John Chrysostom
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

That's more how I would expect it to be. Biro's post surprised me.

Tommelomsky
Elder

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

Small update: The priest is on a journey, so have not had chance to talk to him yet and are honestly not sure how to approach him either as he will see me in due time.

Other news is that my RC concider conversion status is soon done as i no longer will be an RC in august, but i will continue to pray, read and learn about the orthodox church and in particular the Russian Orthodox church. Meaning that i have taken a step further on. Tiny one.

What suprises me most is that the shyness in the churchroom is almost gone and has been replaced with a deep respect, excitement and happy-good feeling inside. That is a small but for me pleasant step (after quite some time in doubt).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:41:20 PM by Tommelomsky » Logged

Saint Seraphim of Sarov

choy
Archon

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:44 PM »

Hello everyone, this is my first post.  Yey!

I'm a cradle Roman Catholic who have become Eastern Catholic.  But now I'm am looking at Holy Orthodoxy.  I don't know how serious I am yet, I am still challenging myself if I can "stomach" it.  I mean, it is not easy to change my beliefs about the Pope and the Catholic Church given I am a Catholic for all of my life.  But I have found greater spirituality in the Orthodox faith.  As an Eastern Catholic I tried learning from the Orthodox how to live the faith.  Unfortunately I find that those that are around me are not living what I have come to understand as the Orthodox faith and its traditions.  So I am trying to learn about Orthodoxy now and see if what I thought it was is really what it is.  And perhaps it can make me come to a decision to become Orthodox.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 01:32:51 AM »

Welcome, Choy.  I look forward to your contributions on here.

May the Lord help and guide you.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
soderquj

Jurisdiction: GOAA, Metropolis of Denver

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »

Hello everyone, this is my first post.  Yey!

I'm a cradle Roman Catholic who have become Eastern Catholic.  But now I'm am looking at Holy Orthodoxy.  I don't know how serious I am yet, I am still challenging myself if I can "stomach" it.  I mean, it is not easy to change my beliefs about the Pope and the Catholic Church given I am a Catholic for all of my life.  But I have found greater spirituality in the Orthodox faith.  As an Eastern Catholic I tried learning from the Orthodox how to live the faith.  Unfortunately I find that those that are around me are not living what I have come to understand as the Orthodox faith and its traditions.  So I am trying to learn about Orthodoxy now and see if what I thought it was is really what it is.  And perhaps it can make me come to a decision to become Orthodox.

Welcome,

Be aware we are all at different places in our journey, so you will see a lot of different levels in any parish.  We believe the church is a hospital for sinners not a place for only those who are righteous!

Peace in your journey.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:34:29 AM by soderquj » Logged

O God, cleanse me a sinner and have mercy on me.
elephant
High Elder

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

Dear choy,

Welcome!

I'm sure I'm not living a Christian life.  But I'm also sure the Orthodox Church is the best place to work on that.

Love, elephant

choy
Archon

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »

I'm a cradle Roman Catholic who have become Eastern Catholic.  But now I'm am looking at Holy Orthodoxy.  I don't know how serious I am yet, I am still challenging myself if I can "stomach" it.  I mean, it is not easy to change my beliefs about the Pope and the Catholic Church given I am a Catholic for all of my life.  But I have found greater spirituality in the Orthodox faith.  As an Eastern Catholic I tried learning from the Orthodox how to live the faith.  Unfortunately I find that those that are around me are not living what I have come to understand as the Orthodox faith and its traditions.  So I am trying to learn about Orthodoxy now and see if what I thought it was is really what it is.  And perhaps it can make me come to a decision to become Orthodox.

Welcome,

Be aware we are all at different places in our journey, so you will see a lot of different levels in any parish.  We believe the church is a hospital for sinners not a place for only those who are righteous!

Peace in your journey.
 Smiley

Thank you.  I understand that.  What I mean is, it is not like everyone is nominal in my current parish.  People are quite devout and religious, but the traditions they follow is not quite what I have come to learn as the Orthodox tradition.  It is more of an in-between of Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy.
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

After my priest returns from vacation, I will officially be a catechumen!  Just have to show him my certificate of baptism as soon as he gets back. We're looking at December for my chrismation.  angel

Margarita
One

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 03:11:15 PM »

Wonderful news Kelly!  December is not far away!

I had an offical 'meet&greet' with my priest last week.  We discussed a bit of the Antiochian history  (Ware was rather partial of Russian Orthodoxy in The Orthodox Church.  Which I did greatly enjoy, since I do have a great curiosity for the Russian Orthodox Church.  But still I will attend an Antiochian parish, so naturally I want to learn of Antiochian history as well), myself, and the general outline of the catechumenate.  It was a well spent hour and great conversation.

I am still an inquirer, but Fr. D has said that when I am ready to take the step of catechumen.  All I need do is ask, and he would be happy to grant the request during Saturday vespers.  The catechumenate would last about 1yr, bells to my ears.  Before I knew this, I said flat out to Fr. D that I did not want a short catechumenate.  He smiled and said, nothing less than a year Smiley

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

Wonderful news Kelly!  December is not far away!

I had an offical 'meet&greet' with my priest last week.  We discussed a bit of the Antiochian history  (Ware was rather partial of Russian Orthodoxy in The Orthodox Church.  Which I did greatly enjoy, since I do have a great curiosity for the Russian Orthodox Church.  But still I will attend an Antiochian parish, so naturally I want to learn of Antiochian history as well), myself, and the general outline of the catechumenate.  It was a well spent hour and great conversation.

I am still an inquirer, but Fr. D has said that when I am ready to take the step of catechumen.  All I need do is ask, and he would be happy to grant the request during Saturday vespers.  The catechumenate would last about 1yr, bells to my ears.  Before I knew this, I said flat out to Fr. D that I did not want a short catechumenate.  He smiled and said, nothing less than a year Smiley

Awesome, Margarita!

When I asked my priest about the typical length of the catechumenate for the parish, he said usually six months to a year but it depends on the person. Since I won't be able to give him my certificate until August, mine will be four-ish months.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »

Well congrats to you both Smiley

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Margarita
One

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

6 months, solid round number.  4, well you're on your way  Cool 

I'm very excited for you!  One would think it's me to be chrismated Smiley

Asteriktos, TY Wink
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

Welcome,

Peace in your journey.
 Smiley

Thank you.  I understand that.  What I mean is, it is not like everyone is nominal in my current parish.  People are quite devout and religious, but the traditions they follow is not quite what I have come to learn as the Orthodox tradition.  It is more of an in-between of Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy.

Not meaning to be nosey, but the above statement seems a little odd, given that your profile says your Catholic.

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: