Author Topic: I don't want to be an atheist anymore  (Read 9007 times)

Offline Putnik Namernik

• Elder
Re: I don't want to be an atheist anymore
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
Glory to our resurrected God for this great thing which He gave you. Thank you for the great picture dear brother.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »
Christ is Risen!

Many years!!   :)

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »
yay!!!
1,000 congratulations!
 :D

Offline Jovan

• High Elder
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
What a wonderful thread, story and truth from God to read now in 20-30 mintues. What a journey you have gone through lovesupreme. I didn´t first notice the date so I constantly wondered about commenting some of the posts that i went through. When i came to the end and saw the picture of your baptism, i only had this relective thought in mind.

Miracles might seem so distant and mystical for us in many ways. They have to be short and instant, to blow our minds away in praised to God. But reading your story, and reflecting over my own, I´ve realized how much God is working miracles through our lives. Maybe not in 2-3 seconds, but over a few months God gave you a real and truthful answer to all doubting, questioning and skepticism you went with on your back. Reading your story I think you´ve experienced the same feeling as I did in my baptism 1 year ago:

All the work, hesitating suffering and the blockades towards reaching God was worth every single second as God answered back:

After all this, you´ve found the true source of life, what can you now turn back to?

You inspire me to praise our Creator in every second dear brother, I pray that one day we might meet and exchange some further beautiful stories with each other. May the living and loving God richly bless you, and remind you that only in his name we can look forward towards him. What do we now as believers yearn back to in the past that we lost by becoming christians? There´s absolutely nothing, as we only gained everything in God :D
“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there."

Online lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
  • This is where I choose to tread
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
What a wonderful thread, story and truth from God to read now in 20-30 mintues. What a journey you have gone through lovesupreme. I didn´t first notice the date so I constantly wondered about commenting some of the posts that i went through. When i came to the end and saw the picture of your baptism, i only had this relective thought in mind.

Miracles might seem so distant and mystical for us in many ways. They have to be short and instant, to blow our minds away in praised to God. But reading your story, and reflecting over my own, I´ve realized how much God is working miracles through our lives. Maybe not in 2-3 seconds, but over a few months God gave you a real and truthful answer to all doubting, questioning and skepticism you went with on your back. Reading your story I think you´ve experienced the same feeling as I did in my baptism 1 year ago:

All the work, hesitating suffering and the blockades towards reaching God was worth every single second as God answered back:

After all this, you´ve found the true source of life, what can you now turn back to?

You inspire me to praise our Creator in every second dear brother, I pray that one day we might meet and exchange some further beautiful stories with each other. May the living and loving God richly bless you, and remind you that only in his name we can look forward towards him. What do we now as believers yearn back to in the past that we lost by becoming christians? There´s absolutely nothing, as we only gained everything in God :D

I am honored to be a vessel of inspiration. Please continue to keep me in my prayers!

Here are some higher quality photos of the baptism, and my reaction to it all...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:39:21 PM by lovesupreme »

Offline Dpaula

• Elder
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
I love these photos!
May God grant you many many many years!

Welcome....Home!
Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »
Many years!

Offline Thomas

• Archon
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »
Welcome home from you long journey. May God grant you many years!
Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas

Offline Tommelomsky

• Podvig
  • Elder
  • Glory to God in all things!
    • Russian Orthodox Church in Norway
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ROC
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »
Welcome home!
May The Lord grant you many years. :)
The meaning of life is to acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

+ Glory be to God for all things! +

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
What happened?
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Online lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »
What happened?

Just a little tongue-and-cheek humor. :P I'm still a practicing Orthodox, at least if people on these forums still consider someone who doesn't cross the street when a Catholic passes him by to be Orthodox.

Online lovesupreme

• OC.net guru
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 02:46:30 AM »
Just wanted to give you guys an annual update: I'm still Orthodox (two Paschas under my belt!) and meeting every two weeks with my priest to discuss issues that crop up. I acknowledge that my faith is still very immature and that I require constant guidance, but all that said, I feel like I'm in a good place and have managed to, with God's grace, deal with a lot of the issues I had reentering the "religious" life. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:46:42 AM by lovesupreme »

Offline TheTrisagion

• The Purple Demon is gonna get you if you don't watch out!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »
Just wanted to give you guys an annual update: I'm still Orthodox (two Paschas under my belt!) and meeting every two weeks with my priest to discuss issues that crop up. I acknowledge that my faith is still very immature and that I require constant guidance, but all that said, I feel like I'm in a good place and have managed to, with God's grace, deal with a lot of the issues I had reentering the "religious" life. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
That is wonderful news!  Many years!
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman  :)
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: Confederate Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »
What a good thread.  Many more years to you, lovesupreme.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »
Many years to lovesupreme....