OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 08:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't want to be an atheist anymore  (Read 7961 times) Average Rating: 0
Putnik Namernik
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »

Glory to our resurrected God for this great thing which He gave you. Thank you for the great picture dear brother.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »

Christ is Risen!

Many years!!   Smiley
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »

yay!!!
1,000 congratulations!
 Cheesy
Jovan
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Great Britain and Scandinavia

« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »

What a wonderful thread, story and truth from God to read now in 20-30 mintues. What a journey you have gone through lovesupreme. I didn´t first notice the date so I constantly wondered about commenting some of the posts that i went through. When i came to the end and saw the picture of your baptism, i only had this relective thought in mind.

Miracles might seem so distant and mystical for us in many ways. They have to be short and instant, to blow our minds away in praised to God. But reading your story, and reflecting over my own, I´ve realized how much God is working miracles through our lives. Maybe not in 2-3 seconds, but over a few months God gave you a real and truthful answer to all doubting, questioning and skepticism you went with on your back. Reading your story I think you´ve experienced the same feeling as I did in my baptism 1 year ago:

All the work, hesitating suffering and the blockades towards reaching God was worth every single second as God answered back:

After all this, you´ve found the true source of life, what can you now turn back to?

You inspire me to praise our Creator in every second dear brother, I pray that one day we might meet and exchange some further beautiful stories with each other. May the living and loving God richly bless you, and remind you that only in his name we can look forward towards him. What do we now as believers yearn back to in the past that we lost by becoming christians? There´s absolutely nothing, as we only gained everything in God Cheesy

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there."
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

What a wonderful thread, story and truth from God to read now in 20-30 mintues. What a journey you have gone through lovesupreme. I didn´t first notice the date so I constantly wondered about commenting some of the posts that i went through. When i came to the end and saw the picture of your baptism, i only had this relective thought in mind.

Miracles might seem so distant and mystical for us in many ways. They have to be short and instant, to blow our minds away in praised to God. But reading your story, and reflecting over my own, I´ve realized how much God is working miracles through our lives. Maybe not in 2-3 seconds, but over a few months God gave you a real and truthful answer to all doubting, questioning and skepticism you went with on your back. Reading your story I think you´ve experienced the same feeling as I did in my baptism 1 year ago:

All the work, hesitating suffering and the blockades towards reaching God was worth every single second as God answered back:

After all this, you´ve found the true source of life, what can you now turn back to?

You inspire me to praise our Creator in every second dear brother, I pray that one day we might meet and exchange some further beautiful stories with each other. May the living and loving God richly bless you, and remind you that only in his name we can look forward towards him. What do we now as believers yearn back to in the past that we lost by becoming christians? There´s absolutely nothing, as we only gained everything in God Cheesy

I am honored to be a vessel of inspiration. Please continue to keep me in my prayers!

Here are some higher quality photos of the baptism, and my reaction to it all...

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:39:21 PM by lovesupreme » Logged

I am prone to bouts of sarcasm. Please forgive me if my posts have offended you.
Dpaula
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian w/ Romanian background
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »

I love these photos!
May God grant you many many many years!

Welcome....Home!

Not posting anymore due to the rudeness on this site.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »

Many years!
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »

Welcome home from you long journey. May God grant you many years!

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tommelomsky
Elder

Faith: Russian-Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »

Welcome home!
May The Lord grant you many years. Smiley

The meaning of life is to acquire the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Saint Seraphim of Sarov

Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)

+ Glory be to God for all things! +
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »

What happened?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »

What happened?

Just a little tongue-and-cheek humor. Tongue I'm still a practicing Orthodox, at least if people on these forums still consider someone who doesn't cross the street when a Catholic passes him by to be Orthodox.

I am prone to bouts of sarcasm. Please forgive me if my posts have offended you.
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 02:46:30 AM »

Just wanted to give you guys an annual update: I'm still Orthodox (two Paschas under my belt!) and meeting every two weeks with my priest to discuss issues that crop up. I acknowledge that my faith is still very immature and that I require constant guidance, but all that said, I feel like I'm in a good place and have managed to, with God's grace, deal with a lot of the issues I had reentering the "religious" life. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:46:42 AM by lovesupreme » Logged

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

Just wanted to give you guys an annual update: I'm still Orthodox (two Paschas under my belt!) and meeting every two weeks with my priest to discuss issues that crop up. I acknowledge that my faith is still very immature and that I require constant guidance, but all that said, I feel like I'm in a good place and have managed to, with God's grace, deal with a lot of the issues I had reentering the "religious" life. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
That is wonderful news!  Many years!

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

theologian by day, bard by night

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman  Smiley
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:49 PM »

What a good thread.  Many more years to you, lovesupreme.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 02:29:12 PM »

Many years to lovesupreme....
Tags: inquirer  agnosticism atheism  skepticism convert 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: