OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 03:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rome to US Eastern Catholics: New Priests Should “Embrace Celibacy”  (Read 7102 times) Average Rating: 0
username!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »

As anecdotal evidence, I was chrismated (born RC, practicing EC for 10 years) when received into the Church

It doesn't matter how I was received.  I flew to Athos and was baptised just to make sure because someone on the internet said you had to do so.

Ok, I was chrismated.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »

As anecdotal evidence, I was chrismated (born RC, practicing EC for 10 years) when received into the Church

It doesn't matter how I was received.  I flew to Athos and was baptised just to make sure because someone on the internet said you had to do so.

I really wouldn't say you have to, but it's definitely preferable over driving.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
username!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »

We drove there once and boy I'll never do it again.  Tolls are way too expensive.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »

It doesn't matter how I was received.  I flew to Athos and was baptised just to make sure because someone on the internet said you had to do so.

We drove there once and boy I'll never do it again.  Tolls are way too expensive.

Huh ... I would have thought you'd come back with a "boy were my arms tired" line.

Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:11:39 PM by Peter J » Logged

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »

We drove there once and boy I'll never do it again.  Tolls are way too expensive.

Geez, I can't imagine...Johnstown to Chicago was $80 round trip last month for the Turnpikes. Must be a lot on the trans-Atlantic expressway....
WetCatechumen
Roman Catholic
Elder

Faith: Catholic Christianity
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite - Archdiocese of Santa Fe; Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Eparchy of Phoenix

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »

I recognize this topic has been active for a while, but there are two married deacons in my Eparchy who are going to be ordained next summer. We only have one married priest in the Eparchy (Father Francis from Sacramento), but he is Slovak ethnically, so he is an import.

We'll see what happens, though.

"And because they have nothing better to do, they take cushion and chairs to Rome. And while the Pope is saying liturgy, they go, 'Oh, oh, oh, filioque!' And the Pope say, 'Filioque? That-uh sound nice! I think I divide-uh the Church over it!'" - Comrade Real Presence
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2012, 09:16:08 AM »

I recognize this topic has been active for a while, but there are two married deacons in my Eparchy who are going to be ordained next summer. We only have one married priest in the Eparchy (Father Francis from Sacramento), but he is Slovak ethnically, so he is an import.

We'll see what happens, though.

Your Bishop is a vocation from Holy Spirit BCC in Binghamton, NY - which today has a married priest and family (from Slovakia). He had many relatives at our next door Orthodox parish as well. Let us pray he follows through with the ordinations.
Tags: celibacy clerical celibacy clericalism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: