OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 11:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Among the Lutherans (and Safe Travels)  (Read 500 times) Average Rating: 0
Luckster
Double Dipper

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« on: May 15, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »

I would kindly ask you all for your intercessions as I stay the next three nights at a Lutheran Seminary in St. Louis, visit the LCMS Center, The Arch, A. Busch, and other locations. Likewise, I'd also ask for safe travels as I've never driven this far (six hours) by myself.

I'm just visiting college buddies before commencement at Concordia Sem. It should be fun; it's the drive that worries me. Pesky Illinois drivers.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »

If you get a chance, visit St. John's Russian Orthodox Church in House Springs.  The priest there is the son of a former theologian at the St. Louis Seminary.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

Lord, have mercy on your servant as s/he travels.
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »

I would kindly ask you all for your intercessions as I stay the next three nights at a Lutheran Seminary in St. Louis, visit the LCMS Center, The Arch, A. Busch, and other locations. Likewise, I'd also ask for safe travels as I've never driven this far (six hours) by myself.

I'm just visiting college buddies before commencement at Concordia Sem. It should be fun; it's the drive that worries me. Pesky Illinois drivers.

Wasn't the commencement a few weeks ago?? or was that just Call Day?  Are they two separate days?   Huh  I'm heading into the same "Lutheran territory" in about 3 weeks for a family wedding.   Wink

I often try to get to the Orthodox Bookstore (Holy Archangels) there in downtown STL... there's a very nice Greek restaurant right around the corner too.

Safe travels.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:55:37 PM by PrincessMommy » Logged
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Luckster
Double Dipper

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers. I made it there and back in one piece. It was good times indeed.

Wasn't the commencement a few weeks ago?? or was that just Call Day?  Are they two separate days?   Huh  I'm heading into the same "Lutheran territory" in about 3 weeks for a family wedding.   Wink

I often try to get to the Orthodox Bookstore (Holy Archangels) there in downtown STL... there's a very nice Greek restaurant right around the corner too.
Commencement was today. I'm not sure when Call Day is/was, but it is separate.

Phooey! I didn't realize there was an Orthodox bookstore down there. I should have hit it up. That isn't near the Greek church down there, is it? I did visit there.

If you get a chance, visit St. John's Russian Orthodox Church in House Springs.  The priest there is the son of a former theologian at the St. Louis Seminary.

Ha! No kidding. I remember a few years ago I met a Greek girl from Fort Wayne and she mentioned the number of Lutheran theologians and seminarians that visit (and sometimes recant). But I didn't get a chance to visit that church. In fact, the only churches I went inside were the Sts. Timothy and Titus chapel on campus and the Basilica, which is amazing.
PrincessMommy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

I do not know if Holy Archangels is near the Greek parish.  I'm not a native and don't know my way around that well.  They do have a webstore too so you could look them up next time you're in the STL area. 
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: