OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 02:05:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3/4 cross  (Read 331 times) Average Rating: 0
Dyhn

Faith: Inquirer ~ actively working towards catechumen

« on: May 13, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »

I'm having problems crossing myself properly due to a frozen shoulder a few months back. I can only get as far as my right ear on the right side. What if full mobility in that shoulder doesn't return and I'm stuck doing a three quarter cross? It makes me seem lazy and I feel embarassed.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »

I'm having problems crossing myself properly due to a frozen shoulder a few months back. I can only get as far as my right ear on the right side. What if full mobility in that shoulder doesn't return and I'm stuck doing a three quarter cross? It makes me seem lazy and I feel embarassed.

You're not lazy, you're not able at this time. Don't feel embarrassed. Instead, rejoice to make the sign of the Cross as best you can, giving thanks that this cross of yours--your inability--is so intimately connected with the Cross of the Lord.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
LBK
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »

There is a very old woman in my parish who has very little mobility in her right arm, probably because of a stroke. She crosses herself with her left hand. Everybody knows, and everybody understands.
Dyhn

Faith: Inquirer ~ actively working towards catechumen

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:36:46 AM »

Thank you for the reassurance, I'd not thought that my inability to do it completely helps me identify, in a different way, to the cross.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: