OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:16:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Show new replies to your posts  (Read 851 times) Average Rating: 0
DavidH
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: September 24, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »

There are a couple of threads I no longer want to follow.

I do not get email on any posts but they still show up when I come to the site and click on "show new replies to your posts". Is there any way to no longer follow these threads at all?

Thanks,
David
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »

I would like to know too. If I read any more about toll-houses my head is going to explode.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »

I don't know how to solve your issue here, but what I do is read the ones I'm still interested & click the "mark all as read" tab afterwards.  Works well for me. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »

I'd also like to know if there is a way to delete or unsubscribe from certain threads from this list.  People are still posting in threads I haven't participated in in three years or so, and they still show up under this heading.  Is there a way to omit them without actually clicking on them each time?

"According to the Orthodox Faith, the teachings and traditions one upholds and believes in will necessarily influence and inform one's spiritual orientation and the way one worships..." - Harry Boosalis
Anna.T
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

Lord have mercy! Κύριε, ἐλέησον!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »

No sense starting the same question over, I guess. I'd like to know this as well.

Wish I'd never posted in the "marijuana" thread.  Roll Eyes

Christ is in our midst!

My replies should not be taken as representing Orthodox teaching - I am only just learning myself.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Laird
Not yet able to attend an Orthodox church
Elder

Faith: Inquirer (Catechumen soon hopefully)
Jurisdiction: Baptist

Lord, have mercy on me

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »

Profile > Notifications and Email under Modify Profile > Under Current Topic Notifications you can tick the ones you don't want. The unsubscribe button is at the bottom.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »

Profile > Notifications and Email under Modify Profile > Under Current Topic Notifications you can tick the ones you don't want. The unsubscribe button is at the bottom.

Out of curiosity I looked in my own profile settings... apparently I have like 58 pages of threads on there, which is... thousands? Cheesy

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Anna.T
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 02:31:17 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Of course I tried to fix it before I asked here. I had found that list already, but my subscriptions page is only a single page, and I've read over it three times, and there is no "smoking weed" thread listed there in order for me to unsub from it. But it was still coming up on my "show new replies to your posts" list earlier.

Thank you though.

Christ is in our midst!

My replies should not be taken as representing Orthodox teaching - I am only just learning myself.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 02:59:04 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Of course I tried to fix it before I asked here. I had found that list already, but my subscriptions page is only a single page, and I've read over it three times, and there is no "smoking weed" thread listed there in order for me to unsub from it. But it was still coming up on my "show new replies to your posts" list earlier.

Thank you though.

Hotel oc.net: once you post in a thread you can never leave it?  Tongue

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Anna.T
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 03:08:17 AM »

Thank you though.

Hotel oc.net: once you post in a thread you can never leave it?  Tongue

LOL!!!

I think I was able to unsub a few others, but they are no longer posting anyway, so I can't be sure of the effect. Smiley  I'm still also trying to get zero emails, since I come here anyway to read.

Christ is in our midst!

Laird
Not yet able to attend an Orthodox church
Elder

Faith: Inquirer (Catechumen soon hopefully)
Jurisdiction: Baptist

Lord, have mercy on me

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »

Thank you though.

I've unsubbed from something before, but I seriously can't remember how I did it.... I probably just used that page.  Undecided
Anna.T
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »

Thank you though.

I've unsubbed from something before, but I seriously can't remember how I did it.... I probably just used that page.  Undecided

Thanks. Smiley  Yes, I tried that too, but the only thing I can get to pop up when I click on it threatens to add an email subscription, and I certainly don't want that, LOL, so I cancel.

Christ is in our midst!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: