Author Topic: Who is your favourite orthodox preacher on Internet ?  (Read 30 times)

Offline Nathanael

• Elder
There are many orthodox preachers you can watch or hear on the Internet talking about life and orthodox faith. Which of them do you prefer?

My favourite is Fr. Joachim Parr, who established the St. Mary of Egypt Monastery at the Mercy House in Lower Manhattan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRaDraYUyI
He has such a simple and deep message.

In second place, a serbian Monk Arseniye Yovanovich, who is currently the most famous preacher in the Serbian Orthodox Church. Unfortunately, most of  his sermons or speechs are in Serbian language, but there're also some in English, where he speaks about his sinful youth and life in NY before becoming a monk; and about many of his struggles during his time as a novice and monk. For example, at one point, he tells us how Elder Ephraim of Arizona healed him - only by his prayers - from a serious mental illness or rather from Prelest 22 years ago:
http://svetigora.com/category/2/163?page=1

I hope it will be a serious thread.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:46:22 PM by Nathanael »
"Orthodoxy is the very nature of man" - Father Rafail Noica

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
Re: What's your favourite orthodox preacher on Internet ?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:44:25 PM »
Mor
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Now with bigger boots!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: What's your favourite orthodox preacher on Internet ?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:46:24 PM »
Mor

You were supposed to put 'Preach it, brah!' after the name. :P
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox