OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 02:33:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Moral Right and Spiritual Benefit of Ejaculation  (Read 2881 times) Average Rating: 0
amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« on: May 10, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »

This is my opinion.

To self-ejaculate out of non-necessity is definitely harmful and looses vital spiritual, intellectual, and physical energy. Years of evolutionary development can be gained by preserving seed. Preservation of the seed has been prized in many spiritual traditions as the secret to eternal youth. However, there are times when self-ejaculation is beneficial in order to avoid vices and also to release pent up energy. This is only true of beginners on the spiritual path who are not yet proficient in transmuting the sexual energy into spiritual energy. The vast majority of spiritual practitioners are still beginners. Anyone who is in this category has the moral right to ejaculate when they feel that they must do so. There is no need to fight against it. In fact, it is impossible to directly fight against and at this level it is nearly a biological necessity to have a release once a week. The benefit is that the focus can get off of that struggle and onto more productive spiritual things. But we should hurry on down the path where there is liberation from the constraints of the body.

What do you think about this?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,38152.0.html

so, do we have a masturbating troll? is this what the OP is about?

Your opinion is gnostic. One should marry and have children, and not indulge this nonsense and hatred of the body.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:38:34 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 03:36:52 PM »

This is my opinion.

To self-ejaculate out of non-necessity is definitely harmful and looses vital spiritual, intellectual, and physical energy. Years of evolutionary development can be gained by preserving seed. Preservation of the seed has been prized in many spiritual traditions as the secret to eternal youth. However, there are times when self-ejaculation is beneficial in order to avoid vices and also to release pent up energy. This is only true of beginners on the spiritual path who are not yet proficient in transmuting the sexual energy into spiritual energy. The vast majority of spiritual practitioners are still beginners. Anyone who is in this category has the moral right to ejaculate when they feel that they must do so. There is no need to fight against it. In fact, it is impossible to directly fight against and at this level it is nearly a biological necessity to have a release once a week. The benefit is that the focus can get off of that struggle and onto more productive spiritual things. But we should hurry on down the path where there is liberation from the constraints of the body.

I disagree. After a few months of not having "relief" your libido shuts down to basically nothing. By "taking care of business" you're only prolonging your agony.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »

This is my opinion.

I disagree. After a few months of not having "relief" your libido shuts down to basically nothing.
and what else doesn't shut down?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »

This is my opinion.

I disagree. After a few months of not having "relief" your libido shuts down to basically nothing.
and what else doesn't shut down?
laugh laugh laugh

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

There is actually a spiritual benefit to ejaculation.

It can help open up blocked nasal passages inflamed by allergies:

Spring is here and with it come the woes of hay fever. Never fear, however, as there may be a quick and pleasurable treatment to clear those bunged noses, for guys at least – a well-timed ejaculation.

That's what Sina Zarrintan, a neurologist from the Tabriz Medical University in Iran proposes, anyway. The logic behind the proposal is based on the fact that the nose and the genitals are both connected to the same part of the nervous system that controls certain reflexes – the sympathetic nervous system.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16872-masturbation-could-bring-hay-fever-relief-for-men.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

My allergist recommends it highly.

Caffeine, nicotine, and masturbation as the big three natural remedies for Spring Fever.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:52:59 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »

There is actually a spiritual benefit to ejaculation.

It can help to open up blocked nasal passages inflamed by allergies
So you're saying that non-angelic marriage is the remedy for allergies?

How maculately carnal.

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:12:41 PM »

Caffeine, nicotine, and masturbation as the big three natural remedies for Spring Fever.

Don't forget local honey.  I've been eating a little bit of local honey every day this year and for about the first time in my life have had no problems this spring. 
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »

Also mummy dust works quite well for this problem.

You need to wrap it in cheesecloth and bury it beside the root of an ash tree first, though. Leave it for three moon's cycle, then dig it up and you're good to go.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:44:47 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »

Regarding the OP, how does one convert sexual energy into spiritual energy?
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »

remember, you asked.

amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »

By the right method of meditation.
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »

I have had ejaculations that bordered on religious experiences.  But that was in my younger days.  As I get older, an ejaculation borders on a miracle.  Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:55:10 PM by Punch » Logged

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »

I have had ejaculations that bordered on religious experiences.  But that was in my younger days.  As I get older, an ejaculation borders on a miracle.  Does this make sense?
LOL
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »

This might be the first time I'm genuinely disturbed from a thread...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 07:15:31 PM »

It seems that the threads have been going a bit downhill.  I mean, the title of this one alone . . .

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »

Eureka! amartin's god must be Priapus!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

Masturbation helps clear my sinuses from allergies or a cold.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Luckster
Double Dipper

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 02:49:03 AM »

Ahaha. Well said.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 04:11:41 AM »

Well, now, just when I think OC.net couldn't get any weirder, here it goes...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

But we should hurry on down the path where there is liberation from the constraints of the body bondage to the degenerative effects of the passions.
Fixed.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »

Your opinion is gnostic. One should marry and have children, and not indulge this nonsense and hatred of the body.

The OP reminds me much more of Taoism than gnosticism.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:57:59 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

Me too.

I also find it odd that the op would give credence to "evolutionary" things, yet be concerned about spiritual.  I also disagree with his statement.                       

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »

Me too.

I also find it odd that the op would give credence to "evolutionary" things, yet be concerned about spiritual.  I also disagree with his statement.                       
Never heard of "spiritual evolution"?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 07:31:41 PM »

This is my opinion.

where can one begin?

why don't you tell us what  the first sentence mean to you? I find that particularly fascinating.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: