OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 28, 2014, 07:34:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polar air poised to bring South Florida a big chill Monday night  (Read 94 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: January 06, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »

"That means a likely wind chill advisory for most of South Florida with "feels like" readings overnight in the 20s and 30s. Actual temperatures Tuesday morning are forecast to range from 39 degrees in West Palm Beach to the mid-40s in Fort Lauderdale and Miami."

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:27:56 PM »

Oh those poor people. It's like -32c/-25f here with the wind.

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »

This side of the pond it is a case of the soil being saturated, rain following rain, Spring tides, and wind aplenty. (The latter a product of the Jetstream and not the populations recent excessive consumption of Brussel sprouts). Flooding is a problem here.

But you on that side seem to have drawn a very short straw. Best wishes to anyone affected. Stay safe.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »

Yesterday they were forecasting a wind chill as low as -45 for tonight (or tomorrow morning) around here, but since then they've thankfully revised that to a more temperate -30. My current temp:

(that's -17C for you non-Americans)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:47:19 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
quietmorning
QuietMorning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

May my Dad's Memory be Eternal.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »

**laughing** I'm inside of my house with a 'nice cozy' fire running . . .wearing a tank top, thermal underwear, sweat pants, a heavy turtle neck, a wool sweater and a toboggan. . . "cap" (for you yanks up yonder) . . .wool socks and arm warmers. . .

we've been able to achieve a hefty 57 degrees (F) with our fire going full tilt!

I so love old houses!!

I think it's about 6 degrees outside.

Though, in all fairness - I lived in AZ and went from 127 (during a heatwave) to 75 when I moved to California - and had to watch the fireworks on the fourth of july in a heavy winter coat.  This must be absolutely miserable for those in So. Florida.

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: