Author Topic: Where all the Mods at?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
Where all the Mods at?
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
I'm not trying to call anyone out, it's just that I rarely see any Mod action.  Did Forum Policy change while I was arguing with other members?  :)
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Salpy

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • New Martyrs of Libya pray for us!
Re: Where all the Mods at?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
No change in policy.  I guess everyone (including myself) has just been busy.   :)

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »

Present and accounted for!

It's all happening "behind the scenes"!  :)

Besides, its a good thing that all the members are so WELL behaved lately!!!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
How do you get to be a mod?? Im not asking because Im interested in becoming one, but I'm curious as to how some of you received such benefits...
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
I'm not trying to call anyone out, it's just that I rarely see any Mod action.  Did Forum Policy change while I was arguing with other members?  :)

No comment.    

(Everyone, the above is actually irony.)
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:02 PM »
How do you get to be a mod?? Im not asking because Im interested in becoming one, but I'm curious as to how some of you received such benefits...

Benefits?

You should talk to a mod or two about the "benefits".

If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Timon

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 10:45:24 PM »

Benefits?

You know what I mean. 

I should have said  "I'm curious as to how some of you were chosen to be elevated to such authoritative positions..."
Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »
Someone always seems to keep me on warning, so somebody is watching me.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »

;D

That's right. Just because you don't see us, doesn't mean we are not watching every keystroke you make!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 03:16:03 AM »
If there are vacancies for moderation positions, moderators are asked to present people they'd like for that job and we list their potential candidates and post opinions about potential candidates listed by other mods (there is kinda off discussion). After the list of several candidates is created it is reviewed by higher authority (global mods and admins). They choose one person from that list, taking into account moderators' discussion, and ask him/her if s/he want to be a mod.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »

Benefits?

You can say that again. It's akin to serving on a parish council.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Online PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:19 AM »

Benefits?

QFT ::)
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:13 AM »

Benefits?

Only easier to step down from and you don't get dirty looks from everyone else for doing so.

At least, i don't think i've got any dirty looks... ;)
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Online PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »

Benefits?

Although I would qualify this by saying that, from my experience, relations between moderators have always been rather good. The real fighting begins when we try to wrestle one of those many non-mod troublemakers who refuses to be moderated. If you're going to wrestle a troll, you had better be prepared to bring in reinforcements.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »

Benefits?

Although I would qualify this by saying that, from my experience, relations between moderators have always been rather good. The real fighting begins when we try to wrestle one of those many non-mod troublemakers who refuses to be moderated. If you're going to wrestle a troll, you had better be prepared to bring in reinforcements.

Or a Golem, as the case may be.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »

This is completely incorrect. However, if I say why I will be moderated for publically criticizing the mods, so I cannot tell you why.  :police:
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline Νεκτάριος

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »

This is completely incorrect. However, if I say why I will be moderated for publically criticizing the mods, so I cannot tell you why.  :police:

May the intercessions of St. Patrick protect you.