OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 08:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a husband…  (Read 10196 times) Average Rating: 0
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »

...Can’t believe we are using the word “converted” between two OC ppl!

Well, you started it!

Awwww, our first fight as a betrothed couple.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »

Well, you started it!

Should I get the divorce papers ready in a few months?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »

My verdict is: "Too much make up, madame". If I moved across the Ocean and we started going out you should know I like girls with all the pimples, freckles, moles, etc. You girls look more like real people then (and they are cute).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:43:24 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »

My verdict is: "Too much make up, madame". If I moved across the Ocean and we started going out you should know I like girls with all the pimples, freckles, moles, etc. You girls look more like real people then (and they are cute).
LOL.  I'm just looking at your words, Michał, and your avatar picture.  What girl could turn down a date with the grim reaper.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Ergib
O Lord according to Your mercy; not according to my sins.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »

I will leave my avatar image up for a day or two for you all to judge  Wink

Wow. አንቺ ቆንጆ! (Yes, I looked that up in a dictionary...and it was well worth the time.)

May God bless you with the Orthodox spouse you seek. I'd say God bless him too, but that would be redundant. Wink

አመስግናለሁ (Amesegenalehu/Thank you)  Grin
Ergib

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »

Did anyone ever post any pics? It seems only... required

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutley required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol

Lol
I will leave my avatar image up for a day or two for you all to judge  Wink

And my verdict is . . . Beautifull!
Thanks  Smiley
Ergib

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutley required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol

Lol

And you thought the zombie attack was bad before...

+1   Cheesy

I'd wish you luck finding a husband, Ergib, but now that I've seen your avatar I don't think you'll need it.  Wink

Welcome to the boards, btw!
Thanks  Smiley
Ergib

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »

doubt that! ...lets see  Smiley

Lol

And you thought the zombie attack was bad before...

+1   Cheesy

I'd wish you luck finding a husband, Ergib, but now that I've seen your avatar I don't think you'll need it.  Wink

Welcome to the boards, btw!
your are 100 % right Zealous and I'll say if I ever put a pic of me up here the whole board would be a ghost town from being scared  Grin
Ergib

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutely required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol

Lol

Exquisite is what you are, rose of the Nile!  Smiley God bless your quest, for indeed it is true, what good is it for man to gain the whole world and lose his soul, you did well when you decided to live a life of obedience to God. May He guide you, and may His Name be glorified by your life ,for generations!

Wow, thanks sister Hiwot!  Amen.
I take Mark 8:36 to heart…that’s why I’ve been single for awhile searching for a God fearing OOC man Smiley
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:53:35 PM by Ergib » Logged
Ergib

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »

Well, you started it!

Should I get the divorce papers ready in a few months?
It’s already over!  Smiley He converted back to OCC.
Ergib

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »

Lol
That’s a 1st! I do not wear makeup except lipstick. Most men don’t like lipstick and I’m assuming you are one of them Cheesy
Sauron
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »

Lol
That’s a 1st! I do not wear makeup except lipstick. Most men don’t like lipstick and I’m assuming you are one of them Cheesy

I saw your avatar when it was you. I give you a 7, so you have a good chance of getting a 6-8 man, which is pretty good.
Ergib

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »

Lol

I saw your avatar when it was you. I give you a 7, so you have a good chance of getting a 6-8 man, which is pretty good.

Thanks. I would’ve liked an 8 or 9 better, but I can deal with a “7” too  Smiley Did race play any role in your decision making? *this question has nothing to do with being racism only preference*
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »

I would have said an 8, and that's considering I typically gravitate to white women.

I'm going to need this.
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

I have a hard time rating from a photo (not to mention that I think doing so is somewhat degrading), because expression and the "inner beauty" have such a high value to me.  I also like to rate the "whole woman".  One thing that I have noticed is that I can see a photo of a woman in a certain dress with a certain look on her face and think that she is a near perfect 10, and then see the same model in a different pose and with different clothing and have her appear no more than a 5 or 6.  However, I find that when I know the person, what ever rating I may give, taking into account their personality and all, tends to be more stable.

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »

I have a hard time rating from a photo (not to mention that I think doing so is somewhat degrading), because expression and the "inner beauty" have such a high value to me.  I also like to rate the "whole woman".  One thing that I have noticed is that I can see a photo of a woman in a certain dress with a certain look on her face and think that she is a near perfect 10, and then see the same model in a different pose and with different clothing and have her appear no more than a 5 or 6.  However, I find that when I know the person, what ever rating I may give, taking into account their personality and all, tends to be more stable.

You're making this less fun.

I'm going to need this.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »

How many replies and views would a "looking for a wife" thread get?

Many of the men here are schizophrenic like most when it comes to women.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2012, 04:46:05 PM »

Lol

Thanks. I would’ve liked an 8 or 9 better, but I can deal with a “7” too  Smiley Did race play any role in your decision making? *this question has nothing to do with being racism only preference*

Race had nothing to do with your rating, although I note that you haven't the slightest idea what my race is, so we could be the same ethnicity for all you know. I would also remark that one has no duty to be attracted equally to all ethnicities.

A 7 is pretty good, so you should be happy with that. Please keep in mind that this is a bell curve, not a linear scale.

Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »

I would have said an 8, and that's considering I typically gravitate to white women.

That's fine. A point to keep in mind is that physical attractiveness is largely objective. While I think she's a 7 and you say 8, no one is going to think she's a 2.

Some people say there is such a thing as a 10, and others not. I lean towards the camp that there is no such thing as a 10. One can approach 10, but never reach it. It is asymptotic.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »

How many replies and views would a "looking for a wife" thread get?

Many of the men here are schizophrenic like most when it comes to women.

I'm not even sure I know what that means. I'm married though. I came here for well wishes and the usual lighthearted fun.

I'm going to need this.
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

I am often accused of over-analyzing things.  The accusation is usually not false.

You're making this less fun.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »

Lol

Race had nothing to do with your rating, although I note that you haven't the slightest idea what my race is, so we could be the same ethnicity for all you know. I would also remark that one has no duty to be attracted equally to all ethnicities.

A 7 is pretty good, so you should be happy with that. Please keep in mind that this is a bell curve, not a linear scale.

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if she knows what race you are, preferences are not always depended upon the race of the one with the preference.  A number of non-Caucasian ethnicities frequently rate higher on my scale, despite my race.
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if she knows what race you are, preferences are not always depended upon the race of the one with the preference.  A number of non-Caucasian ethnicities frequently rate higher on my scale, despite my race.

The race that I am most partial to is female.  Wait . . . that is not a race, is it?  OK, then how about red-heads?

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

The race that I am most partial to is female.  Wait . . . that is not a race, is it?  OK, then how about red-heads?

LOL, red heads ARE a race.

I'm going to need this.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »

impossible. in order for them to be a race, they would first have to be human

Tongue

SCREW BON JOVI!
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »

Tongue

That is true.  They are superhuman.

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Tongue

That is true.  They are superhuman.

you misspelled subhuman Tongue

SCREW BON JOVI!
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »

LMAO

I'm going to need this.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »

LMAO

And you misspelled

Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2012, 06:06:05 PM »

Lol

I have made whoopie with white, oriental, and black, so I have it all covered. Except for redhead.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

Lol

I have made whoopie with white, oriental, and black, so I have it all covered. Except for redhead.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »

Hahaha. I was thinking the same thing, ZZ...

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »

Great minds...

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Sauron
High Elder

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:08 PM »

I use that terminology to keep things safe for our viewing audience.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »

Lol

There you are pumping yourself up once again.  While one has no duty to appreciate all races, Sauron does it out of the goodness of his heart!   Wink
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »

I thought it was Ho Chi Minh who went to school in France?
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

Yeah, but I couldn't find a gif of that. Sad
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:21:58 PM by dzheremi » Logged

Ergib

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »

Lol

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if she knows what race you are, preferences are not always depended upon the race of the one with the preference.  A number of non-Caucasian ethnicities frequently rate higher on my scale,.

Thanks, J. Smiley
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »

Lol

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if she knows what race you are, preferences are not always depended upon the race of the one with the preference.  A number of non-Caucasian ethnicities frequently rate higher on my scale,.

Thanks, J. Smiley

No prob, E.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »

J?  Huh

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »

You called, ZZ...? Grin

(This is fun!)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:32:55 PM by dzheremi » Logged

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »

You called, ZZ...? Grin

(This is fun!)

You're a J, DZ? I'm an A, but I like ZZ just fine.  Cheesy

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »

Yes, I am a J, A. DZH is an orthographic concern (DZ would make me Polish, though it's a common enough interpretation, since English is not big on digraphs...or is it? Smiley), though I'll answer to just about anything that approximates DZH, J, etc. Glad to know you'll go by ZZ, as A is not too hard to remember, but it might get confusing around here if we start treating our usernames as decoder rings for anything other than having fun with initialisms, YKWIM?

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2012, 03:47:27 PM »

Yes, I am a J, A. DZH is an orthographic concern (DZ would make me Polish, though it's a common enough interpretation, since English is not big on digraphs...or is it? Smiley), though I'll answer to just about anything that approximates DZH, J, etc. Glad to know you'll go by ZZ, as A is not too hard to remember, but it might get confusing around here if we start treating our usernames as decoder rings for anything other than having fun with initialisms, YKWIM?

I have an idear as to what your name is supposing I am pronouncing dzheremi correctly.  I did in fact LOL the first time I noticed this.
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2012, 03:54:21 PM »

It's not a big secret or anything. I just chose this out of habit, as it is the name I posted under on Catholic Answers Forum before I came here, since they have so many people there that my name was already taken. I figured they probably didn't have too many East Slavic speakers there, and at the time I still spoke Russian relatively fluently (can't say I do so now, sadly), so it seemed a natural fit. Here it seems almost useless, but oh well...teper' uzhe pozdno...  Roll Eyes

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: