OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 02:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a husband…  (Read 10422 times) Average Rating: 0
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

Never cease to intercede for us, your children.

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »

A grand you say? I'll do it for 800.  Wink

Is that a special Vamrat rate, or is it across the board?  Similarly, what ancillary rates apply?  My Orthodox matchmakers have been excellent in providing potential brides... who live across very large bodies of salty water.

Across the board. (Vamrat may receive a discount provided he receives another vision from the Great Platypus.)

No ancillary rates as long as you don't mind your future bride being an Ohioan (or New Yorker, as I travel there frequently). If you want more local prospects, a negotiable fee may be charged to compensate my trouble.

I also accept payment in the form of Red Bull and/or Starbucks.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Ergib
O Lord according to Your mercy; not according to my sins.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »

Or me, but I'm more conveniently located.  Your turn.

lol
call me when you convert  Wink

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »

Is that a special Vamrat rate, or is it across the board?  Similarly, what ancillary rates apply?  My Orthodox matchmakers have been excellent in providing potential brides... who live across very large bodies of salty water.

Across the board. (Vamrat may receive a discount provided he receives another vision from the Great Platypus.)

No ancillary rates as long as you don't mind your future bride being an Ohioan (or New Yorker, as I travel there frequently). If you want more local prospects, a negotiable fee may be charged to compensate my trouble.

I am very tempted to abuse my position and say that the Great Platypus requires you to find me a wife...but that would be dishonest.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »

lol

You falsely attributed my words to another man and demanded I convert in order to call you.  Our courtship doesn't seem to be going well.

I'll hope I can fix it by asking you out on a date to see a myrrh streaming icon.  Actually, I highly recommend that you visit it when it comes to town. Call me when you convert, and we'll let you in the Church  Wink I kid, I kid.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Melodist
Archon

Faith: The Faith That Established The Universe
Jurisdiction: AOANA

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »

Send me a PM
Little too old for you Wink

I'm going to ask one of the "unaskable" questions - How old is that?

And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »

I am very tempted to abuse my position and say that the Great Platypus requires you to find me a wife...but that would be dishonest.

Your honesty is a shining example of why a worthier messenger could not be found. The Great Platypus knows best!

In regards to matchmaking, I'm batting 1.000. I've only ever set up one couple, but they are now married with 2 kids.   Grin

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Ergib

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »

Send me a PM

2 years older than you Wink
Ergib

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:34 PM »

lol

You falsely attributed my words to another man and demanded I convert in order to call you.  Our courtship doesn't seem to be going well.

I'll hope I can fix it by asking you out on a date to see a myrrh streaming icon.  Actually, I highly recommend that you visit it when it comes to town. Call me when you convert, and we'll let you in the Church  Wink I kid, I kid.

Grin where do you live? Perhaps going to see a weeping Icon would be a perfect date, but….
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »

lol

Grin where do you live? Perhaps going to see a weeping Icon would be a perfect date, but….

Just accept the Tome of St. Leo and maybe I'll tell you.  Otherwise, you'll never learn where my den of Chalcedonian iniquity in the 4th Rome is.  Wink

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Melodist
Archon

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »

Send me a PM

I'll go with that.  Wink

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 10:10:17 PM »

Where do good Christians meet?  angel

How do you look? The best way for a woman to find a man is to be pretty and in shape. (not obese)

lol. 5’2”, 110lb

You are right, but I’m fit and beautiful. I also don’t have a problem meeting men. It is just so hard finding the true OC and attractive guy.

24 and 32, only 8 years. I like older women. Plus since I'm younger, more flexible, and have more energy..well I'll let you fill in the details.

5'2" and 110lbs? Send me a PM.

LOL ok I jest, but seriously if you are looking for an upstanding and righteous man look no further than amartin me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:11:46 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 10:44:52 PM »

How do you look? The best way for a woman to find a man is to be pretty and in shape. (not obese)

lol. 5’2”, 110lb

You are right, but I’m fit and beautiful. I also don’t have a problem meeting men. It is just so hard finding the true OC and attractive guy.

24 and 32, only 8 years. I like older women. Plus since I'm younger, more flexible, and have more energy..well I'll let you fill in the details.

LOL ok I jest, but seriously if you are looking for an upstanding and righteous man look no further than amartin me.

Why cross out amartin's name?  He's clearly the most upstanding gentleman on this forum?  Only he knows the full spiritual benefits of ejaculation...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 10:45:54 PM »

lol. 5’2”, 110lb

Why cross out amartin's name?  He's clearly the most upstanding gentleman on this forum?  Only he knows the full spiritual benefits of ejaculation...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Ergib

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

lol

Just accept the Tome of St. Leo and maybe I'll tell you.  Otherwise, you'll never learn where my den of Chalcedonian iniquity in the 4th Rome is.  Wink

…and Christ will return before we unite.
Ergib

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »

Like the energy, but that is not my #1 priority Smiley
Ergib

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »

Send me a PM

I'll go with that.  Wink

ok. I'm sure you won't become OOC.
Melodist
Archon

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »

Send me a PM
I'll go with that.  Wink
ok. I'm sure you won't become OOC.

Not in my plans, even though I did once meet someone who is Syriac Orthodox at the local Antiochian church.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »

lol

So you're saying there's a chance...  Kiss

Ergib

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 12:00:32 PM »

lol

So you're saying there's a chance...  Kiss

Sure! ...When OO and EO become ONE!  laugh
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

I don't know what jurisdiction you are a part of Ergib, but with the Coptic Church gaining many members and opening new churches in places where there previously were no OO churches (Mexico, Bolivia, Fiji, etc.), I would think that it is probably better now than it has ever been. Not that you should travel all that way from wherever you are to find a husband, but the idea that you are limited to a few homogenous ethnic/cultural groups to choose from is rapidly becoming less and less true. Thank God...er...not that I would have any problem settling down with a nice Armenian girl or whatever, but it's nice to also see OO Britons, Euro-Americans, French, Mexicans, Nigerians, etc.

Yep. That's it. The Church. I meant it's nice to see the Church grow. Nothing to do with something as selfish as marriage prospects. angel Cool

Ergib

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 12:41:01 PM »

I don't know what jurisdiction you are a part of Ergib, but with the Coptic Church gaining many members and opening new churches in places where there previously were no OO churches (Mexico, Bolivia, Fiji, etc.), I would think that it is probably better now than it has ever been. Not that you should travel all that way from wherever you are to find a husband, but the idea that you are limited to a few homogenous ethnic/cultural groups to choose from is rapidly becoming less and less true. Thank God...er...not that I would have any problem settling down with a nice Armenian girl or whatever, but it's nice to also see OO Britons, Euro-Americans, French, Mexicans, Nigerians, etc.

Yep. That's it. The Church. I meant it's nice to see the Church grow. Nothing to do with something as selfish as marriage prospects. angel Cool

I'm happy that OOC are opening more churches so that some of us can stop going to EO churches  Smiley j/k

My problem is not finding/meeting OC men. I need a devoted OOC man who understands and actually practices our precious faith.
Melodist
Archon

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

I need a devoted OOC man

Cry

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »

Anytime you need a shoulder to cry on...
Ergib

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »

lol if it makes you feel any better, I meant to say devout not devoted.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 09:39:40 PM »

Did anyone ever post any pics? It seems only... required

I'm going to need this.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:17 PM »

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutley required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:51:46 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

Huh. I wonder if this thread is in any way representative of what Ergib (and other Orthodox women) have to deal with in trying to find a husband?

What's that? A single woman is on the internet?

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »

I wonder if this thread is in any way representative of what Ergib (and other Orthodox women) have to deal with in trying to find a husband?

Chalcedonian Zombies, huh?

Racists, the lot of you.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 11:48:37 PM »

Did you also mean to write EOC rather than OOC?

It matters not, I've converted; you're persuasive.  See:
<-----

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »

I wonder if this thread is in any way representative of what Ergib (and other Orthodox women) have to deal with in trying to find a husband?

Racists, the lot of you.

Huh I don't understand what just happened.

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »

Racists, the lot of you.

Huh I don't understand what just happened.

First, I (jokingly) inferred that you compared the attention from EO's towards Ms. Ergib to attention from zombies.

Then I threw out an unfounded and all-encompassing accusation of racism, which I'm prone to do.

Then, I converted for love.

Then, I edited this message in a failed attempt to have it make more sense and add information
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:57:36 PM by Cognomen » Logged

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »

I can't see that sequence of events going anything but right.

Ergib

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutley required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol

Lol
I will leave my avatar image up for a day or two for you all to judge  Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:13:22 PM by Ergib » Logged
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »

Remember that while you are searching for the right person, you need to be the right person.
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »

Lol

And you thought the zombie attack was bad before...

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
Ergib

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »

Did you also mean to write EOC rather than OOC?

It matters not, I've converted; you're persuasive.  See:
<-----
I sometimes use "EOC", but "E" doesn't stand for "Easter" Smiley
Halleluia, Cognomen converted OOC only to marry me! Lol Can’t believe we are using the word “converted” between two OC ppl!

Ergib

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

Remember that while you are searching for the right person, you need to be the right person.

ok
Ergib

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

Lol

Smiley
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »

Lol

And my verdict is . . . Beautifull!

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »

I think you said the same thing a year ago. I thank you very much for it. It has become a sort of mantra for me the past year, and something I will probably take to the grave with me. That kind of a statement helps reinforce being the right person and getting better.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »

I will leave my avatar image up for a day or two for you all to judge  Wink

Wow. አንቺ ቆንጆ! (Yes, I looked that up in a dictionary...and it was well worth the time.)

May God bless you with the Orthodox spouse you seek. I'd say God bless him too, but that would be redundant. Wink

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »

Lol

+1   Cheesy

I'd wish you luck finding a husband, Ergib, but now that I've seen your avatar I don't think you'll need it.  Wink

Welcome to the boards, btw!

jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »

Lol

+1   Cheesy

I'd wish you luck finding a husband, Ergib, but now that I've seen your avatar I don't think you'll need it.  Wink

your are 100 % right Zealous and I'll say if I ever put a pic of me up here the whole board would be a ghost town from being scared  Grin
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »

Lol

+1   Cheesy

your are 100 % right Zealous and I'll say if I ever put a pic of me up here the whole board would be a ghost town from being scared  Grin

Why do you think I'm running around as an alpaca?  Wink I kid. You should definitely post your picture in the "what's everyone look like" thread. I think everyone is probably harder on themselves than other people are.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

If she is like Isa's 10 woman, then yes pics are absolutely required. If not, it's a bannable offense lol

Lol

Exquisite is what you are, rose of the Nile!  Smiley God bless your quest, for indeed it is true, what good is it for man to gain the whole world and lose his soul, you did well when you decided to live a life of obedience to God. May He guide you, and may His Name be glorified by your life ,for generations!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: