OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 05:58:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a husband…  (Read 10578 times) Average Rating: 0
Ergib
O Lord according to Your mercy; not according to my sins.

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #360 on: August 30, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »

Here in suburban DC there is an Orthodox Singles club. When they started it they were literally overrun so many people were interested.

They have mixers and ski trips and such the like. Several marriages have resulted.

You can contact St. Mark Orthodox Church in Bethesda, MD and ask them for contact info.

I’ve been to St. Mark in Bethesda. People there have lovely voices…
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »

Here in suburban DC there is an Orthodox Singles club. When they started it they were literally overrun so many people were interested.

They have mixers and ski trips and such the like. Several marriages have resulted.

You can contact St. Mark Orthodox Church in Bethesda, MD and ask them for contact info.

Come out and see us too in Beltsville. Slim pickens single man wise but love to have you.

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Ergib

« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »

Come out and see us too in Beltsville. Slim pickens single man wise but love to have you.

Is it St. Mark in Beltsville? I will try to visit during Lent time…will not be seeking for single men.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:17:38 PM by Ergib » Logged
Ergib

« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

JamesR,

In this country, the internet, people don't want to marry 16 year olds.

Well...uh...people who aren't destined for/already in jail don't want to marry 16 year olds.

gypsies can marry from the age of 3 Cheesy

LOL Smiley
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »

JamesR,

Well...uh...people who aren't destined for/already in jail don't want to marry 16 year olds.

Umm . . . uh . . . the age of consent in parts of this country is 16. Canada it is 16. Mexico, who knows . . .

12, actually, although some parts have it higher.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »

JamesR,

Umm . . . uh . . . the age of consent in parts of this country is 16. Canada it is 16. Mexico, who knows . . .

12, eh.  Mexico - the Thailand of the Western Hemisphere
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »

I want a husband. I am thinking I would like to date an Armenian man, or one of a similar culture, though I am open to ones who may resemble the traits of a Catholic, Portuguese futball coach.

Smiley Mourinho the bastard?He is taken.. I am here to be ur husband Cheesy
I don't mean him literally. He's too old for me anyway.

BTW, you need to fill out forms 1A-E and G, 7C, and 8B, . Also please leave a resume of character, life style, and goals, with a cover letter stating what you want in a relationship and why you want this one, and at least three character references.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:35:48 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »

I've never understood what character references are supposed to do. Almost everyone puts either their friends or relatives, who are far from unbiased sources about your character, so they should really just re-title that part of applications "Prove to us that you have at least three friends by writing them down in the space provided".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:57:24 PM by dzheremi » Logged

Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »

Here in suburban DC there is an Orthodox Singles club. When they started it they were literally overrun so many people were interested

Now you tell me...

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »

How are Orthodox single women anyway? A little hestitant myself.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:48:14 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »

Is it St. Mark in Beltsville? I will try to visit during Lent time…will not be seeking for single men.

Holy Apostles in Beltsville. Rocor

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

Meek, guileless, and feisty, depending on the situation.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »

Good summary.  Doesn't help when most of the people at the church are either old or married with kids. I'm planning on visiting a few other parishes after I am chrismated.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »

JamesR,

All I know is you're not supposed to drink the water in either.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »

I found an article about the differences between attracting Christian women and secular women.  I copied and pasted it:

Hope this helps.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »

I found an article about the differences between attracting Christian women and secular women.  I copied and pasted it:

Really? So secular women now pray Orthodox prayers, fast with you, go to hour and a half long church services, read the Scripture together, etc.? Awesome!  Cool

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »

JamesR,

Sounds like the age of certain person named at like every Orthodox service. And something that should be kept in mind with all the "adolescent" bashing that goes on around here.

In many States of the Union the age of consent is lower if you are married. So you can actually marry someone depending on the statutes governing marriage before the age of consent and still have sex with them legally.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »

JamesR,

Not that you are planning on doing what anyone might think you might, but surely you know you are still governed by the laws of that Nation from you are a citizen in.

I was in Austria before the big reform on age of consent laws. IIRC, heterosexual sex was consensual upon the age of 14 and homosexual upon the age of 18.

They reformed the laws and made both 16.

While I know is a scintillating story, I'll spare you all.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »

Really? So secular women now pray Orthodox prayers, fast with you, go to hour and a half long church services, read the Scripture together, etc.? Awesome!  Cool

I said "attracting".  I have yet to find an Orthodox woman IRL who finds a man who prays, fasts, reads scripture, and attends hour long church services to be attractive unless there are other factors involved.  I think you will find that any Orthodox girl you attract will find the same things attractive in you that a secular girl would have.

dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »

Sure, everybody wants a partner who is Orthodox and X, Y, Z. No surprises there. That's why this thread exists, right? And a million more just like it, after Ergib gets married? Wink

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #380 on: August 31, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »

JamesR,

12, eh.  Mexico - the Thailand of the Western Hemisphere
All I know is you're not supposed to drink the water in either.
Cerveza.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:14:45 PM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #381 on: August 31, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

Strangely, I have found few Orhtodox woman that do this either.  That is, if they even bother to attend Church.  Now Lutheran women, that is a whole different story.  Don't even get me started on the Interdenominational and Pentecostal women!

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #382 on: August 31, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »

I always figured that I would either marry an Orthodox, Roman Catholic or atheist woman. I think that Protestantism may be too difficult in regards to reconciling our religious beliefs in our life and deciding how to raise the children. In fact, I imagine that it would be fun to have an atheist wife. I imagine that she would be the most open-minded in bed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:45:28 PM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #383 on: August 31, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »

Sure, everybody wants a partner who is Orthodox and X, Y, Z. No surprises there. That's why this thread exists, right? And a million more just like it, after Ergib gets married? Wink

The question I answered was "How are Orthodox single women anyway?"  The point I was trying to drive home was - they are very woman-like.  Women all operate pretty much the same.

But if you want my honest answer, in my experience the non-religious women I have dated have been on average much more pleasant than the Christian ones.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #384 on: August 31, 2012, 04:49:16 PM »

I always figured that I would either marry an Orthodox, Roman Catholic or atheist woman. I think that Protestantism may be too difficult in regards to reconciling our religious beliefs in our life and deciding how to raise the children. In fact, I imagine that it would be fun to have an atheist wife. I imagine that she would be the most open-minded in bed.

Ever dated an atheist?  There's a lot more than just wild sex...like, 100% of it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:49:57 PM by vamrat » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #385 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

In my experience, I have found that irreligious women are much more easy-going, openminded and pleasant to be around opposed to the religious women who expect to be treated like royalty and are much harder on you and closedminded.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »

In fact, I imagine that it would be fun to have an atheist wife. I imagine that she would be the most open-minded in bed.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »

JamesR, I'm sorry if I'm wrong at deciphering your thought pattern, but I think you should consider a woman to be your partner in life, not a thing in bed, it'll do very good for both of you.
Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »

Why don't you just marry an inflatable woman.  She would seem to be right for you.  You might want to buy an inflatable Arab woman.  They are the easiest of all.  They blow themselves up.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:36:53 PM by Punch » Logged

dzheremi
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »

Hahaha. Racism. Roll Eyes

Punch
Protokentarchos

« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »

Hahaha. Racism. Roll Eyes

I know . . . my bad.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

I said "attracting".  I have yet to find an Orthodox woman IRL who finds a man who prays, fasts, reads scripture, and attends hour long church services to be attractive unless there are other factors involved.  I think you will find that any Orthodox girl you attract will find the same things attractive in you that a secular girl would have.

I married a girl based on little apart from prayer, church attendance, fasting, etc...   angel   But I did read your post too fast and missed what you were getting at Smiley

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »

Why don't you just marry an inflatable woman.  She would seem to be right for you.  You might want to buy an inflatable Arab woman.  They are the easiest of all.  They blow themselves up.
Gold mine.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #393 on: September 01, 2012, 04:32:55 AM »

That is not a bad idea. Say $100 for an inflatable woman that lasts a lifetime and only requires being blown up every once in a while. Low maintenance, doesn't talk or nag, isn't very expensive, doesn't age etc.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #394 on: September 01, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »

That is not a bad idea. Say $100 for an inflatable woman that lasts a lifetime and only requires being blown up every once in a while. Low maintenance, doesn't talk or nag, isn't very expensive, doesn't age etc.
I'd recommend something that costs a couple of thousand, but I won't solicit it on this forum.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #395 on: September 01, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »

Yea...
To all the Brooklyn girls
To all the French girls
To all the Oriental girls

Chinese...
Japanese...
To all the Swiss girls
To the Italian women

To the upper east side Mombiles
To all the Jamaican girls
And to the top-less dancers
Australian...

And Brazilian
To the southern belles
To the Puerto Rican girls
To the stewardesses flying around the world...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:58:38 AM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
neon_knights
High Elder

My political hero.

« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2012, 05:03:17 AM »

Yea...
To all the French girls

Chinese...
Japanese...
To all the Swiss girls
To the Italian women

Australian...

And Brazilian
To the southern belles

Post of the month nominee.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2012, 05:21:38 AM »

What about intelligence though? A big turn on for me. I like a little feisty now and then, but meek is where it's at. Meek and intelligent, the dream girl of thee.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2012, 05:42:26 AM »

I've met a number of intelligent Orthodox women on this forum, but I was speaking mostly from personal experience and just listed the first three things that came to mind.

Also, the image above scares me.

orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2012, 06:05:33 AM »

Yea...
To all the French girls

Chinese...
Japanese...
To all the Swiss girls
To the Italian women

Australian...

And Brazilian
To the southern belles

Having this text embedded in my head for reasons too boring to mention, I just gotta make a correction:

Upper East Side nubiles

EDIT: Brilliant and frightening.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:05:56 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »

You know I was curious why those lyrics didn't have "Upper East-side nubiles" because I swore I heard the same thing on the CD, and I assumed I was wrong. Oh well.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »

Yea...
To all the French girls

Chinese...
Japanese...
To all the Swiss girls
To the Italian women

Australian...

And Brazilian
To the southern belles

Please be joking.
tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Australian...

Having this text embedded in my head for reasons too boring to mention, I just gotta make a correction:

Upper East Side nubiles

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »

who r u

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: