OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 07:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Church tells man-hungry women to lower standards  (Read 9923 times) Average Rating: 0
akimori makoto
正義の剣
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »

I'd go with the Carcharodon Carcharias personally.

I hear they have a much friendlier disposition than many lawyers.

Yeah, since JMichael put it that way it does seem to illuminate the answer.

Just another boring day in court.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »

Hey as long as they are decently attractive and willing to sign a prenup, I'll marry any Australian woman.

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2012, 09:44:14 PM »

I'd go with the Carcharodon Carcharias personally.

I hear they have a much friendlier disposition than many lawyers.

Yeah, since JMichael put it that way it does seem to illuminate the answer.

Just another boring day in court.

why won't a shark bite a lawyer?  Professional courtesy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:44:50 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica Metropolitanate

« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »

He is a lawyer.  What do you expect?

I saw in another thread that you are blue collar. What did you want to be when you grew up?

A useful, productive member of society.  You know, someone who produces things that people need.  I wear my blue collar proudly.  Many people depend on it.  And it has made me a pretty good living.

This is a dodge and likely dishonest. What child says, "I want to be a cog in the grand societal machine"? They say they want to be astronauts or something.

No, it is your kind that are dishonest.  Most blue collars are honest and hard working.

What do I do?  Ran out of money in college and was tired of a full course load while working 30 hrs a week.  Still managed six semesters with a 3.54/4.00 in one school and a 4.00/4.00 in another.  Tested with an IQ of 145 (so much for the idiots that think all those who did not get a nice piece of paper to hang on the wall are subhuman).  Qualified as an aircraft mechanic and received the FAA A&P rating.  I have worked 30 years producing electricity in two powerplants.  I have been a Nuclear Auxiliary Operator, Repairman, Predictive Maintenance Engineer (not bad for no degree), developed the Infrared Thermography Program, Vibration Analysis Program, Tribology Program, as well as spending a stint with the Institute of Nuclear Plant Operators in Atlanta, where I audited the equipment failure reports of 28 US Nuclear Plants while assisting with writing the Reporting Guidance Manuals and developing the Equipment Performance Exchange Database.  I was the first non-degreed person to work in this capacity at INPO, and only the second to be asked for by name.  I have recently worked as a Maintenance Planner and am now rebuilding our Preventive Maintenance Program as we restart the power plant where I currently am employed.  I have spent 13 of my 30 years of employment titled as an Engineer, and my salary is comfortably in six figures.  Not bad for no degree, particularly in the blue collar Union position that I currently hold.  I would guess that since I have been employed in all aspects of the generation of electricity for the last 30 years, and given the value of electricity to a civilized society, my guess would be that I have produced far more for this country and people than you have even thought of.  I think that it would be safe to guess that if a vote were taken to either get rid of lawyers or get rid of power plants, I would remain employed.

As to wanting to be an astronaut, it never interested me.  My father (yes, I am one of those who both know who he is and have actually spent time with him) drilled into me from a young age that it was important to have at least one craft skill, and that the most important thing in life after serving God is to serve your fellow man.  In fact, serving your fellow man IS serving God.  As to what I wanted to be as a child?  I have been interested in history, religion, and machines since I can remember - and my parents tell me that I was constantly looking through the set of encyclopedias that we had even before I entered school.

So much for another one of your small minded stereotypes.

God did not create man equal.  Samuel Colt made man equal.  Blessed be the Peacemaker.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2012, 02:56:52 AM »

Can we please move this thread to private discussion so that no inquirers see it?
Why?
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2012, 03:11:10 AM »

Can we please move this thread to private discussion so that no inquirers see it?
Why?
Because the level of malice and devouring that has occurred is a shameful scandal that we don't want representing the faith online. We don't want inquirers coming on here and taking this mess as normative. What inquirer would feel comfortable asking questions and voicing concern if they think this is how people will act towards them? What if they decide to leave?

We put polemical EO/OO discussions in a private forum for a reason. I think this falls under the same reason.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:14:22 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

"...you are the orphan, not the protagonist."

-St. Seraphim of Vyritsa, 'This was from me'
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2012, 03:27:19 AM »

Why?
Because the level of malice and devouring that has occurred is a shameful scandal that we don't want representing the faith online.
Who's "we"?

We don't want inquirers coming on here and taking this mess as normative.
If they would take anything we discuss on an Internet discussion forum as normative, then I think they may have bigger problems than just this forum.

What inquirer would feel comfortable asking questions and voicing concern if they think this is how people will act towards them? What if they decide to leave?

We put polemical EO/OO discussions in a private forum for a reason. I think this falls under the same reason.
We moved this thread to the Free-For-All section for a reason. I think this thread still falls under that reason.

FWIW, speaking from my experience serving as a moderator for the last 5 years, I don't think the reason we move threads to the Private Forum is exactly what you think it is.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »

If they would take anything we discuss on an Internet discussion forum as normative, then I think they may have bigger problems than just this forum.
I'm with you on this Peter, but I don't want to single anyone out on this board, but people have taken things said on this forum as normative and true to the religion. However some have only accepted that just to besmirch the Orthodox.

I'm sure there are plenty of inquirers who are naive because they don't have message board "smarts"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:40:41 AM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2012, 04:01:59 AM »

Who's "we"?
St. Paul And Isaiah. And I'm not saying I'm not often part of the problem, but this crosses the line severely.

"For, as it is written, 'The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

-Romans 2:24 The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Paraphrasing from Isaiah 52:5, Isaiah the Prophet, Kingdom of Judah, c.a. 800 BC.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:06:52 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2012, 04:15:04 AM »

I actually appreciated seeing some rather contentious fights among the Copts I corresponded with online before attending a Coptic Church (when online was the only option, as there was not C.O.C. where I lived). Maybe I'm a weirdo, but it was good to go into it without rose-colored glasses. Besides, 99% of people only ever fight when they really believe in whatever it is they're arguing over, so what would really be the lesson to the inquirer? Not everyone gets along? The Orthodox Church is full of fallible human beings who squabble a lot over essentially non-religious things? I don't see how either of those are necessarily bad messages, though I think some thread splitting might not be a bad idea. I came here for more pictures of crocodile-shark fighting, not he said-she said spats regarding Sauron and Punch's respective work histories.

Sauron
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »

No, it is your kind that are dishonest.

Please enlighten us as to "my kind". Then, we can continue the discussion of small minded [sic] stereotypes.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »

Who's "we"?
St. Paul And Isaiah. And I'm not saying I'm not often part of the problem, but this crosses the line severely.

"For, as it is written, 'The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

-Romans 2:24 The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Paraphrasing from Isaiah 52:5, Isaiah the Prophet, Kingdom of Judah, c.a. 800 BC.
Prooftexting from the Scriptures to drum up an artificial "we"? St. Paul and Isaiah have never, to my knowledge, posted on this forum to tell us how they would like to see it run, which leaves you to interpret their words in such a way that they "support" your desire. In the end, though, you speak only for yourself and for no one else.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:47:23 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

I actually appreciated seeing some rather contentious fights among the Copts I corresponded with online before attending a Coptic Church (when online was the only option, as there was not C.O.C. where I lived). Maybe I'm a weirdo, but it was good to go into it without rose-colored glasses. Besides, 99% of people only ever fight when they really believe in whatever it is they're arguing over, so what would really be the lesson to the inquirer? Not everyone gets along? The Orthodox Church is full of fallible human beings who squabble a lot over essentially non-religious things? I don't see how either of those are necessarily bad messages, though I think some thread splitting might not be a bad idea. I came here for more pictures of crocodile-shark fighting, not he said-she said spats regarding Sauron and Punch's respective work histories.
I agree with the thought that a canon should be promulgated, requiring a catechumen to attend a parish council meeting before acceptance.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »

I actually appreciated seeing some rather contentious fights among the Copts I corresponded with online before attending a Coptic Church (when online was the only option, as there was not C.O.C. where I lived). Maybe I'm a weirdo, but it was good to go into it without rose-colored glasses. Besides, 99% of people only ever fight when they really believe in whatever it is they're arguing over, so what would really be the lesson to the inquirer? Not everyone gets along? The Orthodox Church is full of fallible human beings who squabble a lot over essentially non-religious things? I don't see how either of those are necessarily bad messages, ...
EXACTLY! Grin That's the point I'm trying to communicate.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »

You all don't see a difference between this thread and the normal bickering we engage in?

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »

You all don't see a difference between this thread and the normal bickering we engage in?
I do see a difference. I just don't agree with the solution you propose.
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2012, 03:45:39 PM »

I do see a difference. I just don't agree with the solution you propose.
Here's the solution I propose, then: This thread is locked for a week or so to allow its more heated participants to cool down a bit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:45:59 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Pravoslavbob
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »

This thread is now re-opened.  Be forewarned that personal attacks will not be tolerated.  Moreover, if things become too heated again or if the thread veers off topic, it may be closed for good.

Pravoslavbob
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:55:38 PM by Pravoslavbob » Logged

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »

I'd like to first reject this ridiculous notion that certain men do not look for a woman who is career oriented or has ambition. For me I believe the housewife is the most important job a woman can have and is not even close to adequatley "compensated" nor respected enough. However I do predict in the future women will be replacing the role of men as the breadwinner. It's already trending that more women than men are going to college and graduating. And I am sure we will see plenty more women prevelant in positions which traditionally men have always had.

That said I would be quite comfortable being a stay-at-home father. I actually prefer staying at home than being in an office primarly because my general dislike of dealing with people.

Is it a prerequisite for me that a woman has career goals, as of right now, I believe so. I refuse to date women who do not have a clear career path and expect a man to "rescue" them by providing them monetary support. Now when the discussion of children arises, yes we will sit down and determine who is going to stay home and raise them. I would be the first to give up my career in order to make it happen.

Women vary greatly on their expectations of men. Ok sure there is the height constant, but outside of that there's alot more than the money one brings in. I've encountered plenty of women who don't give a damn about how much a man makes, but if he has great values, character, etc. But hey if you want a man that rakes in the benjamins, so be it I won't judge you. And if you want to be single and self-sufficent great.

LOL at the implication a woman needs a man to make her happy. That is completely idiotic and just goes to show how deluded men can be about their self-worth.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:20:47 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Sauron
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »

I'd like to first reject this ridiculous notion that certain men do not look for a woman who is career oriented or has ambition. For me I believe the housewife is the most important job a woman can have and is not even close to adequatley "compensated" nor respected enough. However I do predict in the future women will be replacing the role of men as the breadwinner. It's already trending that more women than men are going to college and graduating. And I am sure we will see plenty more women prevelant in positions which traditionally men have always had.

I do not call a person who says to his wife, "honey, please do your part to bring home the bacon" to be a man.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:40:55 PM by Sauron » Logged
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »

Welcome to the 21st century, guys. Housewives are so 19th century.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »

That means the idea of a housewife is completely Orthodox, right? angel

Gorazd
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

That means the idea of a housewife is completely Orthodox, right? angel
No, because it comes from the heretical West.

Actually, I have never met a housewife in an Orthodox country.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »

I do not call a person who says to his wife, "honey, please do your part to bring home the bacon" to be a man.

Lol...

Glad to see the thread from hell is back with the sort of posts you'd expect.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:52:11 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

As long as the kitchen is clean I don't care if she works in her free time.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »

Oh you

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:56:20 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »

We all love you, Sauron.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

Hey, my right arm looks kinda like hers!

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »

Did I not make myself clear?

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
ZealousZeal
Interplanet Janet
Archon

Faith: ✔

I'm the magnificent, marvelous, mad Madam Mim.

« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »

Oh good. This again.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

I've decided that I never want to get married Smiley Save myself the stress and money. Orthonorm is 38 and he has never been married but is still a cool guy.

-Orthonorm
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »

Oh good. This again.

I'm getting kind of bored around here.  Can we have a thread bashing Muslims too?  It has been far too long. 
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »

Can we have a thread bashing Muslims too?

Sure I'll start. They smell like a donkey's donkey; which, I find rather odd considering that they have to wash themselves all the time before entering their Mosque.

Profanity replaced by something more appropriate for the Public Forum  -PtA
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:18:10 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

-Orthonorm
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:01 PM »

Can we have a thread bashing Muslims too?

Sure I'll start. They smell like a donkey's donkey; which, I find rather odd considering that they have to wash themselves all the time before entering their Mosque.

Profanity replaced by something more appropriate for the Public Forum  -PtA
LMFAO
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:18:39 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2012, 05:15:19 PM »

Lol...

Glad to see the thread from hell is back with the sort of posts you'd expect.
What do you expect from the Lord of Mordor?
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2012, 02:14:26 AM »

I've decided that I never want to get married Smiley Save myself the stress and money. Orthonorm is 38 and he has never been married but is still a cool guy.

You should somehow save this comment and insert it to your wedding invitations.

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »

You should somehow save this comment and insert it to your wedding invitations.

At sixteen I wanted to get married.  People change over time.  When some girl shows him a bit of interest he will change his tune.  I know for me all it took was one long term relationship to decide that marriage might not be such a hot idea after all!

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »

Oh dear.  She must of done a number on you.

You just picked the wrong girl.  Be wiser in your next choice.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »

And I call you intolerant of not letting women be equal. If she wants to work, let her work. Lord Sauron...you really live up to your name.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:02:41 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
OrthoNoob
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »

And I call you intolerant of not letting women be equal. If she wants to work, let her work. Lord Sauron...you really live up to your name.

*sigh* Can we please have another Ecumenical Council to condemn egalitarianism? It's getting out of control.

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
celticfan1888
Production Operator - Chemtrusion
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholicism
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of America

« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »

*sigh* Can we please have another Ecumenical Council to condemn egalitarianism? It's getting out of control.

I'm not saying she can't be a housewife. But if she doesn't want to be, she shouldn't be forced to. Some women get bored to death sitting at home all day.

You don't believe women are equal?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:41:13 AM by celticfan1888 » Logged

Forgive my sins.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »

+1.  Evolution via Natural Selection teaches that there are no such things as equals.  Come to think of it, when you take monarchy into account, "the first shall be last and the last first", and "slaves obey your masters" God doesn't really believe in egalitarianism either.  When God and Science agree...it gets kinda obvious.

OrthoNoob
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

I'm not saying she can't be a housewife. But if she doesn't want to be, she shouldn't be forced to. Some women get bored to death sitting at home all day.

You don't believe women are equal?

I don't believe women are equal to men.
I don't believe women are equal to other women.
I don't believe men are equal to other men.
I don't believe there's any reasonable metric that will return the result "all people are equal."
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find any two people who are equal by any reasonable metric.
I don't believe an egalitarian structure for the family accords with Scripture, nature, or Orthodox Tradition.

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Tags: nadir 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: