OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 04:46:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: +Filaret declared readiness o unite w/MP  (Read 655 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« on: May 08, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »

The head
of the UOC-KP said that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church must be one. The Most Holy
Patriarch Filaret of
Kiev and All Rus-Ukraine said on the air of one of Ukrainian TV said that the
UOC-KP wants to unite with the UOC MP...

I wonder what is true here.
Monk Vasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC of USA

Monk Vasyl
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

I can't believe that.  Wouldn't he have to come back as either a simple monk or a layman?

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »

I can't believe that.  Wouldn't he have to come back as either a simple monk or a layman?
Come on, the MP is always ready to practice some ikonomia for the show effect. I'm sure they could receive him as a retired hierarch, like the OCA did with Archbishop Lazar Puhalo.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »

Come on, the MP is always ready to practice some ikonomia for the show effect. I'm sure they could receive him as a retired hierarch, like the OCA did with Archbishop Lazar Puhalo.

Perhaps he is trying to position one of his bishops as the next Metropolitan of Kiev given the current infighting within the UOC-MP. You never know - after all one thing the Russians learned well from the Byzantines prior to the fall of Constantinople was court intrigue!
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »

I wonder what is true here.

Assuming the translation is accurate, I'm not really sure what, if anything, is new in what he said:

"There is a God who will sooner or later lead the Ukrainian Church to unity. Therefore, we are at peace with this and want to become one with the UOC of the Moscow Patriarchate. We do not need to quarrel, because we are Orthodox and they are Orthodox. We are the Ukrainians -- and they are Ukrainians. Therefore, in the end,  we will unite, "- said Filaret.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:29:22 AM by Peter J » Logged

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

Doing some looking around, some other news sources were reporting this as well. Legit mebbe?

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:42 AM »

I haven't heard anything in the mainstream media yet. 
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »

I don't believe it.

Perhaps, he is saying that we truly should be "one"...and I would agree.

But, he's not said that he would go "under" the MP.

Perhaps the UOC MP should be part of the KP.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:27:16 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »

I don't believe it.

Perhaps, he is saying that we truly should be "one"...and I would agree.

But, he's not said that he would go "under" the MP.

Perhaps the UOC MP should be part of the KP.

I agree with Liz.  He probably said something vague like "Yes, all Orthodox in Ukraine should be one".
Look at the source too: in Russian? 

Look at this article from April 24:

24-04-2012
http://risu.org.ua/en/index/all_news/confessional/interchurch_relations/47865/

Relations Between Kyiv and Moscow Patriarchates Deteriorate...Patriarch Filaret of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patriarchate (UOC-KP) stated under the new regime, attempts are being made to seize churches of the UOC-KP. According to the primate, there are increasingly more cases of church buildings being transfered to the Moscow Patriarchate.
“In the Rivne region, they began to invite people and campaign for the transfer to the Moscow Patriarchate. In Odesa, the Secretary of the Press Service of Metropolitan Volodymyr stated that it is necessary to liquidate the Kyivan Patriarchate. We built a church in Makariv with the money of the Kyivan Patriarchate. And they re-registered the church as one belonging to the Moscow Patriarchate,” the patriarch said, reported Segodnya.ua....

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: