OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 12:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For a dear sister/fellow parishoner: Memory Eternal!  (Read 401 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: May 07, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

For the repose of the handmaiden Renee, may God grant her rest with His saints.  Memory Eternal!

I just received a call that Renee has passed away.  Her friend who called is in a major state of grief (as will be our entire little parish) and could not tell me what happened.  She was truly the nicest person you could meet.  She was in her early 40's.  Cry Cry Cry

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »

May her memory be eternal. May the Lord have mercy on her friends and family and on your parish.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »

Memory Eternal! May the Lord give comfort to all her loved ones and fellow parishoners.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »

Memory Eternal!

She was one of the kindest, sweetest souls you'd ever meet! Always volunteering to help, even when it caused her pain... I'm still in shock, I'm sure we all will be at least for a while...

Christ is Risen!

(Also, her name in the church and patron saint is Philothea)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:28:20 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:42 AM »

Tonight (Friday) her body will be at our parish for a short Panikhida service and an all-night vigil (as is done on Holy Friday for Christ). Then her funeral and burial is on Saturday.

It has hit all of us really hard in our parish, and most of us are still in a state of shock.

It is only fitting I guess that she reposed during this time. She loved Pascha and the Paschal season. She was very active and helped out with so many things. She personally helped repair the ephitaphios cloth and helped prepared the funeral bier for Christ every year. She oversaw the flowers for Christ and everything. She even repaired the icon of Christ in the tomb that sits on the altar until Ascension.

Its hard to believe that she will soon be right where the bier and epitaphios was just 4 weeks ago which she helped prepare and repair so often.

She was on the altar guild, cemetery board and baked prosphora for Liturgy, and she did so many other things, especially as a part of the altar guild including repairing Father's vestments, making sure candles were supplied and refilled, making sure candles were ready for pascha, fixing up the analogian covers, repairing and cleaning any other fabric, and far more. She dedicated so much of herself to Christ and to his Church and found joy in her labors.

She will be missed so much by all of us, but we all have faith that she will soon become a powerful intercessor for us. Christ will soon have a wonderful soul with him, worshiping and praying at his throne.

Through the prayers and intercessions of Philothea, have mercy on Renee, and have mercy on us! Christ truly has trampled down death by his own death, and granted life to his handmaiden Renee!
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:04:58 AM »

May her memory be eternal.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:11:23 PM »

Wow! She sounds like a wonderful person.

May God forgive her any sins she may have committed and grant her repose with His Saints.

May her Memory be Eternal!

Lord, have mercy and grant strength to the many who mourn her passing.

My sincere condolences. 

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
wasamwillbe

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »

Memory Eternal

"We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth,"
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »