OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Korea intercepts thousands of "dead baby pills"  (Read 1252 times) Average Rating: 0
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

יהוה עזי ומגני

« on: May 07, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140702/South-Korea-customs-officials-thousands-pills-filled-powdered-human-baby-flesh.html

Thousands of pills filled with powdered human baby flesh discovered by customs officials in South Korea
by Richard Shears and Rob Cooper

More than 17,000 pills smuggled into country have been intercepted since last August
    Pills viewed as a 'miracle cure' for all ailments - but unsurprisingly they are harmful

"Thousands of pills filled with powdered human flesh have been discovered by customs officials in South Korea, it was revealed today. The capsules are in demand because they are viewed as being a medicinal 'cure-all'.

The grim trade is being run from China where corrupt medical staff are said to be tipping off medical companies when babies are aborted or delivered still-born.

The tiny corpses are then bought, stored in household refrigerators in homes of those involved in the trade before they are removed and taken to clinics where they are placed in medical drying microwaves.

Silly Stars
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140702/South-Korea-customs-officials-thousands-pills-filled-powdered-human-baby-flesh.html

Thousands of pills filled with powdered human baby flesh discovered by customs officials in South Korea

More than 17,000 pills smuggled into country have been intercepted since last August
    Pills viewed as a 'miracle cure' for all ailments - but unsurprisingly they are harmful

"Thousands of pills filled with powdered human flesh have been discovered by customs officials in South Korea, it was revealed today. The capsules are in demand because they are viewed as being a medicinal 'cure-all'.

The grim trade is being run from China where corrupt medical staff are said to be tipping off medical companies when babies are aborted or delivered still-born.

The tiny corpses are then bought, stored in household refrigerators in homes of those involved in the trade before they are removed and taken to clinics where they are placed in medical drying microwaves.

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise?  I read an article by an American Chinese girl, and she said that midwives are prepared to kill the baby if it is not the right sex.  What shocked her even more so, was seeing a nice young couple on a train leave their four year old girl and walk away.  She said it's a common practice.  The couples then move to an area where they are not known.  As for the abandoned children, they end up in a poorly run orphanage.

I would like to know what will happen later on, since  China will have an overabundance of men and no women?  War maybe? Sad

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »

I read this on BBC News during my lunch break and it almost made me gag.

Seriously?  Ground up baby flesh put in to capsules in order to grant the recipient a boost in energy levels.  Really?

Anyone over there heard of coffee? 

...but, these are the same folks who will kill the rhino for it's horn, and the tiger for his male parts, so they can ingest them and be more virile.

Now, in a country that only allows one child per couple, I would think virility and a high libido would work against the individual.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »

Lord have mercy.

This trade in human body parts is disgusting.

Not only are there moral implications of abortion and cannibalism, but also these dead babies are stored in unsanitary home refrigerators where the corpses can putrefy and/or become contaminated if improperly stored, stored for lengthly times, or if the refrigeration temperatures dangerously fluctuate.

Does anyone remember the stories about Chinese restaurants preparing meals made from aborted infants?
Were those internet articles proven to be true?

This news did not mention the possibility of organ transplants of aborted or live birth infants who are rejected after birth. Is this also taking place?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise?  I read an article by an American Chinese girl, and she said that midwives are prepared to kill the baby if it is not the right sex.  What shocked her even more so, was seeing a nice young couple on a train leave their four year old girl and walk away.  She said it's a common practice.  The couples then move to an area where they are not known.  As for the abandoned children, they end up in a poorly run orphanage.

I would like to know what will happen later on, since  China will have an overabundance of men and no women?  War maybe? Sad

Many wealthy Chinese are sending their sons to American universities to perfect their English skills and to pick up a bride. I used to teach ESL classes and the guys were always asking for the perfect pickup phrases.
However, I must say that most of these guys have learned much through viewing American TV,  Roll Eyes and that they seem to be quite good with the ladies.

BTW, infanticide is supposedly quite common in China.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:19:40 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise
I would seriously hope so. "Don't kill and eat babies" is hardly contentious, regardless of an individual's religion. We might not expect much, but we certainly shouldn't expect this.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise? 

A thoroughly ridiculous question.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »

I used to teach ESL classes and the guys were always asking for the perfect pickup phrases.

I assure you this is happening wherever guys of any nationality are learning a foreign language.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »

SICK!

To think not only the pills, but in order to have pills, somebody had to "process" the pills.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise? 

I gather you don't know much about the pre Christian world.   Roll Eyes
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »

I gather you know basically nothing about China or Chinese people.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »

Substitute nearly any object for your preposition.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »

Substitute nearly any object for your preposition.

prepostion or subject?  Cheesy Smiley

I'm going to need this.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »

I gather you don't know much.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 06:11:30 AM »

Bit rude and arrogant, aren't we, James?
JR
Elder

Faith: No idea
Jurisdiction: Athens

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »

Thousands of pills filled with powdered human flesh have been discovered by customs officials in South Korea, it was revealed today.
The capsules are in demand because they are viewed as being a medicinal 'cure-all'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2140702/South-Korea-customs-officials-thousands-pills-filled-powdered-human-baby-flesh.html#ixzz1uNYBV6f3

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them".

Mother Teresa
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

The laws,  and institutions of China are not based on Christianity, so can one expect otherwise?  

I gather you don't know much about the pre Christian world.   Roll Eyes

I know they have a one child policy, and they abort regularly and many midwifes are trained to kill infants if they are not the right sex.    I also know they prefer  bashing dogs when killing them because they taste better if the adrenalin runs.  Look I'm not condemning the Chinese people, I mean I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by some of the actions of the supposedly Orthodox Christians on this thread,  but some of their customs  are not exactly what I'm accustomed to. Undecided
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:21:51 PM by Zenovia » Logged
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »

I know they have a one child policy, and they abort regularly and many midwifes are trained to kill infants if they are not the right sex.    I also know they prefer  bashing dogs when killing them because they taste better if the adrenalin runs.  Look I'm not condemning the Chinese people, but some of their customs  are not exactly what I'm accustomed to. Undecided

Weird that. Given that nearly every Chinese I've known or know or work with (living in China) has a sibling or more and more than one kid.

I guess this one child policy exists cause I always hear about it from Americans, but I don't understand the above. And strangely I know more Chinese women then men.

Guess, Chinese women with siblings and multiple children are over-represented in science and engineering in China.

Do you pay an extra fee or something? And most of these people came from families of very modest means, still with the siblings.

I have no love in general for the Chinese to be frank, so any info I can use to further my general suspicions of them would be welcome.

That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »

I know they have a one child policy, and they abort regularly and many midwifes are trained to kill infants if they are not the right sex.    I also know they prefer  bashing dogs when killing them because they taste better if the adrenalin runs.  Look I'm not condemning the Chinese people, but some of their customs  are not exactly what I'm accustomed to. Undecided

Weird that. Given that nearly every Chinese I've known or know or work with (living in China) has a sibling or more and more than one kid.

I guess this one child policy exists cause I always hear about it from Americans, but I don't understand the above.
The one-child policy is designed to curb overpopulation in crowded urban areas. There are a lot of exceptions to it, and it only applies to about 36% of the population currently. It's still a very non-good thing, but there's no logical leap from it to grinding infants into pills.
And strangely I know more Chinese women then men.
Well I think there's a pretty obvious explanation for that.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »

The one-child policy is designed to curb overpopulation in crowded urban areas. There are a lot of exceptions to it, and it only applies to about 36% of the population currently. It's still a very non-good thing, but there's no logical leap from it to grinding infants into pills.

36% of the population? From some of the rhetoric I hear you would think women have to report monthly to some official to bleed for them or be executed.

I've never looked into it, cause I can only know everything about only so much. And China is a blind spot I don't mind having.

witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »

I also know they prefer  bashing dogs when killing them because they taste better if the adrenalin runs.  

The Chinese don't eat dogs. That's the Koreans. And the Chinese think it's almost as weird a dietary thing as Westerners do.

(Wife is Chinese, her best friend is Korean).

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
That person
OC.net guru

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

36% of the population? From some of the rhetoric I hear you would think women have to report monthly to some official to bleed for them or be executed.

I've never looked into it, cause I can only know everything about only so much. And China is a blind spot I don't mind having.
It is kind of odd that you haven't encountered its effects more if your experience from China comes from business trips, since the policy is much more widely enforced in commercial centers, unless we're talking Hong Kong or Macau, to which it doesn't apply at all.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

Dogs are eaten in China, mainly in the south. What exactly this says about "pre-christian" society I'm not sure. Animal cruelty is quite rampant in "Christian" societies, as are abortion and all kinds of bad customs and laws that I guess Zenovia would rather ascribe to the barbarian xenoi.

Coming, partly, from a Chinese family, knowing many Chinese people, and having lived in China, I can assure you that babies are not a standard entry in the Chinese diet.

Except during Year of the Goat where we worship our secret ancestral deity, Satan.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:26:44 PM by Iconodule » Logged

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

I find this rather strange. Living on the West Coast I see many Chinese immigrants very often and most of them seem like really devout Roman Catholics who accept me into their home with hospitality and would not even consider doing something as horrible as this. Maybe the reason they immigrated was to avoid the crap like this going on in their home country.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »

It is kind of odd that you haven't encountered its effects more if your experience from China comes from business trips, since the policy is much more widely enforced in commercial centers, unless we're talking Hong Kong or Macau, to which it doesn't apply at all.

You would be hard pressed to find a dollar figure that get me to travel to China.

However, Chinese who come here, the many emails, phone meetings, video meetings, blah, blah, blah with Chinese who work throughout China are who I am talking about.

And living in a Chinese ghetto for a while here in the States and traveling along the "Chinese Underground Railroad" a lot exposed me to many Chinese who simply defied the "one child rule" I hear a lot about.

Again, I pray I never end up in China or really any part of Asia. No desire.

Pretty much, the only places on earth I would ever want to live in, if given the opportunity, are Argentina and Iceland.

That's about it. Traveling is for the birds. And I have lived like a nomad for too much of my life.

A car ride longer than 20 minutes causes me enormous agita anymore.

Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »

Except during Year of the Goat where we worship our secret ancestral deity, Satan.

If the new Negative Plane album is any indication, we might be in that very year...
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »

If the new Negative Plane album is any indication, we might be in that very year...

Is this something I want to listen to? You are one of the few oc.netters who I fail to grok their ironicals successfully.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

Bit rude and arrogant, aren't we, James?

Rude perhaps, arrogant no.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

I guess this one child policy exists cause I always hear about it from Americans, but I don't understand the above. And strangely I know more Chinese women then men.

Guess, Chinese women with siblings and multiple children are over-represented in science and engineering in China.

Do you pay an extra fee or something? And most of these people came from families of very modest means, still with the siblings.

I have no love in general for the Chinese to be frank, so any info I can use to further my general suspicions of them would be welcome.

Only 36% of China is subject to the one child policy, because of all the exceptions.  And that doesn't even include Hong Kong and Macau, where no one is subject to it.

Interesting fact, if you are Chinese and have no siblings, the one child policy does not apply to you. 

Seriously, it isn't hard to figure out that the one child policy is overblown by Americans; how else did China go from 650 million people in 1961 to 1 billion 350 million today?  If the one child policy was as strict as Americans often think, China would have gone from 650 million to a number significantly less than that, what with how two people would only be allowed to produce one person.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »

I find this rather strange. Living on the West Coast I see many Chinese immigrants very often and most of them seem like really devout Roman Catholics who accept me into their home with hospitality and would not even consider doing something as horrible as this. Maybe the reason they immigrated was to avoid the crap like this going on in their home country.

Or it could be that there are 1.35 billion people in China, but under 40,000 such pills a year.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »

The Chinese often use the term brother or sister when they mean cousin. 

When they do in fact have a sibling, it is possible to flout the one child policy if you are rich and well connected.  Basically you pay a fine and have to pay for social services for the second child (i.e primary education).  This results in the policy actually become a sort of class based eugenics.  So if you are rich and (God forbid!) have a daughter, you get another chance to have a son.  I've never met anyone with an older brother in China. 
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:37:38 AM »

Dogs are eaten in China, mainly in the south. What exactly this says about "pre-christian" society I'm not sure. Animal cruelty is quite rampant in "Christian" societies, as are abortion and all kinds of bad customs and laws that I guess Zenovia would rather ascribe to the barbarian xenoi.

Coming, partly, from a Chinese family, knowing many Chinese people, and having lived in China, I can assure you that babies are not a standard entry in the Chinese diet.

What does eating dog meat have to do with animal cruelty?   Meat is meat as far as I'm concerned and see it no more or less cruel to eat pork or beef rather than dog meat.  I wonder if it is becoming a class issue in northern China.  No nicer restaurant that I was in ever had dog on the menu.  Go into any sort of blue collar type of restaurant and 狗肉 is definitely on the menu, which is curious as it is actually rather expensive.  On the other hand nearly every Korean restaurant in China has 狗肉汤 on the menu.  As for eating babies, consuming placenta isn't unheard of it albeit in a very limited context. 
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »

I didn't mean it as an insult towards the Chinese believe me, only towards paganism..and let's face it, as far as pagans go the Chinese are quite civilized.  Anyway animal cruelty always existed.  For that matter cruelty always existed whether it's against man or beast, but Christianity does temper it a bit. ..or at least it should.  What I was thinking of are the laws and institutions  a nation is  based on and I do believe that a Christian basis has to be more humane. 

Of course with the dominance and imposition of Western Europe on the world, many Christian laws and institutions have been adopted...yet the underlining Christian compassion could not be there if Christians are not there.  I say this knowing holiness affects everyone around them in the same way that evil affects everyone around them in an adverse way.  Therefore if Christians are non existant in China, and by this I mean  Christians that have acquired the Holy Spirit within them, then wouldn't  it affect the whole society?   Huh
Zenovia
High Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »

What does eating dog meat have to do with animal cruelty?   Meat is meat as far as I'm concerned and see it no more or less cruel to eat pork or beef rather than dog meat.  I wonder if it is becoming a class issue in northern China.  No nicer restaurant that I was in ever had dog on the menu.  Go into any sort of blue collar type of restaurant and 狗肉 is definitely on the menu, which is curious as it is actually rather expensive.  On the other hand nearly every Korean restaurant in China has 狗肉汤 on the menu.  As for eating babies, consuming placenta isn't unheard of it albeit in a very limited context. 

It's not eating the dogs that concerns people, they can eat whatever they want as long as it's not human.  It's that they bash the dogs so the adrenalin will run.  Somehow they believe it makes them tastier.  But look  I am trying to be understanding  since dog packs have always existed, and dogs can be very vicious and rabies does exist and it is a very painful death.  Also there was no other way for people to kill them in the past other than bashing them to death so it is an age old practice.

Anyway give me a little credit for trying to be objective and fair,  because as I say this the love of my life is laying on my lap and waving its  tail in my face.     angel
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

dead babies.. can take care of themselves..

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Please excuse me, but when I first heard this story on the news earlier this week, I was so numbed as to become hollow.  There are not really words to begin to describe the several layers of what is wrong with such "pills" let alone their manufacturing or what is worse, the market for their consumption, so all I can do is make a crass, empty jokes.

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

It's not eating the dogs that concerns people, they can eat whatever they want as long as it's not human.  It's that they bash the dogs so the adrenalin will run.  Somehow they believe it makes them tastier.  But look  I am trying to be understanding  since dog packs have always existed, and dogs can be very vicious and rabies does exist and it is a very painful death.  Also there was no other way for people to kill them in the past other than bashing them to death so it is an age old practice.

Anyway give me a little credit for trying to be objective and fair,  because as I say this the love of my life is laying on my lap and waving its  tail in my face.     angel

I concede it is difficult to be emotionally detached when one only has ever experienced dogs as a pet.  On the other hand if you eat the typical "meat" in the supermarket, the poor critter probably didn't have a humane life and slaughter.  
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »

What does eating dog meat have to do with animal cruelty?   Meat is meat as far as I'm concerned and see it no more or less cruel to eat pork or beef rather than dog meat. 

I agree, I was referring to the bit about bashing dogs in the head.

I wonder if it is becoming a class issue in northern China.  No nicer restaurant that I was in ever had dog on the menu.  Go into any sort of blue collar type of restaurant and 狗肉 is definitely on the menu, which is curious as it is actually rather expensive. 

My impression is that it is a delicacy and eaten rather rarely, usually in winter.

orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »

The Chinese often use the term brother or sister when they mean cousin. 

When they do in fact have a sibling, it is possible to flout the one child policy if you are rich and well connected.  Basically you pay a fine and have to pay for social services for the second child (i.e primary education).  This results in the policy actually become a sort of class based eugenics.  So if you are rich and (God forbid!) have a daughter, you get another chance to have a son.  I've never met anyone with an older brother in China. 

Well this explanation elegantly fits what I have experienced.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »

Bashing the dog's skull in is probably a nicer way to kill it than the life and death of the average American cow.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: