OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 06:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have this iphone app???  (Read 288 times) Average Rating: 0
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: May 07, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »

Its called "Orthodox Saints Gallery"

It looks cool, but its $7.  Thats a little more than Im likely to pay for an app, but if it really has all of the saints and a biography about them, it may be worth it.  I think I have an itunes gift card somewhere too.

Anyone have it?  There are no reviews in iTunes so I was hoping someone here could help!

If not, anyone have a similar app?

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »

I think I have this one.  I recall paying more than I would have liked to for it.

I just looked it up and on the iPhone.. the title is "Saints" and has an icon of the Theotokos as the desktop icon.

It's good....but, not "that" good.

There are only about 20 biographies listed, and for the icon gallery, it's split by female/male....but, you have no way to "pick" a particular saint.  So, to view them you have to scroll through all of them, and truly have no idea if the saint you are looking for will even be there.

Great potential, but, needs some work to be truly useful.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

I think I have this one.  I recall paying more than I would have liked to for it.

I just looked it up and on the iPhone.. the title is "Saints" and has an icon of the Theotokos as the desktop icon.

It's good....but, not "that" good.

There are only about 20 biographies listed, and for the icon gallery, it's split by female/male....but, you have no way to "pick" a particular saint.  So, to view them you have to scroll through all of them, and truly have no idea if the saint you are looking for will even be there.

Great potential, but, needs some work to be truly useful.

Thanks for the input!  I might save my money and keep looking for something else.

I have been looking for a good resource that has all the saints (or most at least) with an icon and a biography of them.  It would be convenient if it was an app, but I would be happy with a regular, old fashioned paper book too!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Tags: apps 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: